Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

An Ethiopian Maid in United Arab Emirates Jumps from Balcony but Survives

Postby revolutions » 05 Oct 2012, 23:13

Ethiopian Maid jumps from balcony but survives

By Afkar Abdullah / 5 October 2012

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES -- A 20-year-old Ethiopian maid allegedly tried to commit suicide by jumping from the second floor of a building in Ras Al Khaimah on Thursday.

Major Walid Kanfash, Head of the Criminal Investigation Department at Al Mamoora police station, said they received a call from an eyewitness that a woman was seen standing in a chair in a second-floor balcony of a building and was about to jump. By the time the police arrived on the scene, the woman had jumped but survived with serious injuries.

The police ambulance rushed her to the hospital where she is currently admitted in the ICU.

During interrogation, the Arab family said she had arrived in the country to work for them three months ago. They said there was no dispute or any problem between them and the maid and that they were also surprised by her action.

The police investigation is still on to find out the reasons behind the maid’s suicide bid.

afkarali@khaleetimes.com

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-article- ... urtroundup

Re: An Ethiopian Maid in United Arab Emirates Jumps from Balcony but Survives

Postby Hawzen » 06 Oct 2012, 00:00

revolutions wrote:Image

Ethiopian Maid jumps from balcony but survives

Afkar Abdullah / 5 October 2012

A 20-year-old Ethiopian maid allegedly tried to commit suicide by jumping from the second floor of a building in Ras Al Khaimah on Thursday.

Major Walid Kanfash, Head of the Criminal Investigation Department at Al Mamoora police station, said they received a call from an eyewitness that a woman was seen standing in a chair in a second-floor balcony of a building and was about to jump. By the time the police arrived on the scene, the woman had jumped but survived with serious injuries.

The police ambulance rushed her to the hospital where she is currently admitted in the ICU.

During interrogation, the Arab family said she had arrived in the country to work for them three months ago. They said there was no dispute or any problem between them and the maid and that they were also surprised by her action.

The police investigation is still on to find out the reasons behind the maid’s suicide bid.

afkarali@khaleetimes.com

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-article- ... urtroundup

Why is the Arab slave Roha shy now???

Roha,the Arab slave, you told us Eritrean women are sold to Arabs by the frog's master, PIA.

Roha the Arab slave, was this poor Ethiopian woman also sold by the Eritrean government ?????

Dedebit is always dedebit

R.I.P Abay Tigray and its drafter

Postby ethiopia » 06 Oct 2012, 11:15

This is the result of extreme poverty caused by ethnic policy of TPLF.The solution is to remove TPLF and form a democratic government in Ethiopia.

Postby Walaye » 07 Oct 2012, 10:10

We Ethiopians have been avoiding to travel to Arab countries all the way since the arrival of the gugmangug from the north being helped by the Central Intelligence Agency top agents like the late Paul Hinze and Hermann Cohen and some others part of its ginen assignment was to undermine our Ethiopian pride like what is Axum statue for Wolayta and calling our flag a piece of rag to weaken Ethiopianism by like sending our womens for Arab hous maid and putting our intellectuals rat hole woyanne dungeon and many more and The Arab tujar also have his share in the whole process,

Postby Sanja » 08 Oct 2012, 11:52

They said they were surprised b/c there wasn't any dispute. These people knew what they did to her. This young lady's helpless, she's in a strange place where people are treated like animals, and doesn't know how to dispute except to take her own life. We Ethiopians don't like to raise our issue until the last minute.

Postby revolutions » 08 Oct 2012, 21:26

The moment the girls land in Arab countries their passports are confiscated by woyane agents in order to prevent them from escaping their abusive employers and fleeing the country.

Postby Seyfu » 20 Oct 2012, 10:15

revolutions wrote:Image

Do not waste your time with this rubbish. Al Shabab will never be defeated. The invading Kenyan forces will be massacred. You bet on this! I am insider and know what is happening on the ground.

Postby mar » 21 Oct 2012, 01:23

revolutions wrote:
The moment the girls land in Arab countries their passports are confiscated by woyane agents in order to prevent them from escaping their abusive employers and fleeing the country.

listen to yourself! we've been their how about you and all of you? wat do you know about it except setting infront of your laptop and type the words you like. weyane zebaznke eyalk atekebater. wat is this catagorization your doing? tigray, woyane bla bla stop talking non sence ok. see the agents are from every Gosa and kelel. and all i know is our own ppls are the one who's selling us to arabs. and the arabs, in order the maid to operate herself for 24hrs like a machine...they will force her to take a medicen which in a near future will affects her brain system. she might last long at the same house maximum for 3month. after that you will hear the same news. jumps from building, killed her boss, poison the child on and on.. but i dont understand y are ppl relating such heart breaking news with politics. ofcourse the government has to do something about it. which they start with UAE am so glad to hear that. hope it will continue..

Postby Halyeyga » 23 Apr 2013, 09:01

It breaks my heart and makes my blood boil everytime I read about incidents like these. Poor, innocent women and girls in such a hopeless situation. Is there really nothing we as Africans can do about this new slave trade the Arabs are running besides wring our hands and bite our fingers in lament? Please do not bring up woyane this or that, this sort of thing was going on before the woyane as well and we don't need to make this another pulpit to whine about them. I as a Somali am deeply ashamed when I hear about how Arabs treat us in their countries. My own cousin was in a coma for more than a year after being struck by a Saudi prince's car while traveling to his school in Jeddah and to this day has not received any justice. The Saudi is walking free without charge while my cousin cannot walk and faces a number of health issues stemming from this incident, along with a massive hospital bill.

Somalia should cut all ties with these abaya wearing scum.

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion