Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Historical Quotes - Amhara Kings say they are not AFRICAN

Postby Jebha » 12 Feb 2009, 17:37

All credit to the Eritrean who found and researched this work. I got these quotes from another forum.

The following quotes will show you Ethiopia's best "generals" as nothing more than opportunist house negros with no integrity. To top it off, they all thought they were white.

When Haile Selasie, the emperor of Ethiopia, was interviewed by the Nigerian
Daily times about Ethiopian racial identity in the 1930s, he said, "That
Ethiopians were not, and did not regard themselves as negros [sic], as they
were a Hamito-Semitic people"

Fighting Against the Injustice of the State and Globalization By Asafa Jalata, p.96

SOURCE

When Haile Selassie fled to London, Gravey tried to contact him
but was snubbed, and it was reported that "the emperor did not
desire any contact with 'Negroes.'"

The New World of Negro Americans By Harold Robert Isaacs p.153

SOURCE

Menelik II also had wrote to King Umberto of Italy and said, among other things, that
"I beg Your Majesty to defend me against every one as I don't know what European kings will say about this let others know that this region is ours."
(See Chris Prouty, "Empress Taytu and Menelik II," page 54)

Menelik is also again on record telling the then Italian representative to Ethiopia, Count Antonelli,
"that he loved Italy so much that he felt 'half Italian and no greater wish that to go there and see it'"
(see Chris Prouty, Empress Taytu and Menelik II page 57)

Menelik II and Selassie both agreeing they are not Africans but rather in Menelik II own words as a "Caucasian".

Menelik II aka blacker than Shaq's elbows said he was a caucasian.

"Until 1955, Ethiopia had identified herself largely with the West. Ethiopians tended to regard with indifference the other peoples who, unlike those of Ethiopia and Liberia, had not succeeded in attaining independence against the tide of colonialism. ... The growing influence of the new states of the Middle East and Far East, the intervention of Egypt and Syria in Eritrea and the calling of the Bandung Conference alerted Ethiopia to the need for accommodation with the Third World and in particular, with the rest of Africa now approaching independence. Such an adjustment was difficult for Ethiopians who had always regarded themselves as non-African, looking to their cultural and linguistic origins in the Arabian Peninsula and the relationship between the Amharic and other Semitic languages such as Arabic and Hebrew. 'I am not a Negro at all; I am a Caucasian' the Emperor Menelik told the West Indian pan-Africanist Benito Sylvian who had come to Addis Ababa to solicit the Emperor's leadership in a society for the 'Amelioration of the Negro race.' Haile Sellassie confirmed that view in a declaration to Chief H. O. Davis, a well known Nigerian nationalist, stating that the Ethiopians did not regard themselves as Africans, but as 'a mixed Hamito-Semitic people
See John H. Spencer, Ethiopia at Bay (1984), p. 306.
SOURCE

Some say the fastest Ethiopian track star that ever lived is none other than Haile Selassie. When Mussonlini invaded Ethiopia, Haile Selassie, their general [that never seen war], ran away and fled for his life faster than any long distance star.

"In his desperate act to hold power, Haile Selassie now made a secret peace overture to Mussolini, sending a former Ethiopian Minister in Rome to contact the Italian consul in Djibouti. He offered to sell a large part of Ethiopia to Italy for one and half milliard Lira and to appoint six Italian advisors to direct the policy of his government. Mussolini sent sourteous reply to the intermediary, expressing his pleasure that the Negus had at last decided to negotiate directly with him; but he said the offer was unacceptable."
See J. Ridley, page 270
[/quote][/quote]

"
the historical fiction of uninterrupted line of Kings descended from Menelik-I, the son of King Solomon and Queen Sheba, has very deep roots in Ethiopia and must be one of the most powerful and influential sagas anywhere in the world."

see The Ethiopians: An Introduction to Country and People‎, by Edward Ullendorff, Page 61

"As an usurper of power from the Zagwe Dynasty, the new monarch, Yukuno Amlak, encountered considerable resistance, and, in order to win over Tigray with its many Aksumite tradition, he and his supporters began to circulate a fable about his decent from Kong Solomon and Makeda, Queen of Shaba, and their son Emperor Menelik-I, a genealogy that, of course, gave him traditional legitimacy and provided him the continuity so honored in Ethiopian's subsequent national history."

see " A History of Ethiopia," by Harold Marcus page 16

In the 13th century, the Christian highlanders even borrowed from Arabia and adapted the fable of the Queen of Sheba with which to further their own conquests and political tale. They developed what was to become known as the Solomonic myth.

SOURCE
Last edited by Jebha on 13 Feb 2009, 10:22, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Historical Quotes - Amhara Kings say they are not AFRICAN

Postby Shalom » 12 Feb 2009, 17:57

All credit to the Eritrean who found and researched this work. I got these quotes from another forum.

The following quotes will show you Ethiopia's best "generals" as nothing more than opportunist house negros with no integrity. To top it off, they all thought they were white.

This is a pure fabrication and moronic version of Shabia, however despite of the insubstantial defamation of shabia, Menilik was a very courageous and clever leader, who never had problem in his own identity.
Now the shabian minions are playing the pot calling the kettle black kind of game, and blame Ethiopians as deniers of their own identity; however, the fact is so contrary to the shabian claim.
Who is dying to be considered as Arab and worshiping Italians, let the historian tell us?

Postby Ghion » 12 Feb 2009, 18:29

Jebaha;

You idiot CLAY - KUBAYA! You better study your own history and leave our history to us. You are used to eating crams and drink leftover juice. Stop telling us what our king had to say, how about what your leader had to say, "no sun will rise over the Badme plains." Do you remember that? Or you are partial amnesiatic when it comes to your leader.

Postby sony » 12 Feb 2009, 20:34

Jebha,
The older Ethiopians, say "Baria (Negro)"only to those who are ruled by others (like Eriterians who were ruled by Italians). They don't think self ruling nation can be called Bariya (Negro). I hope that will explain it to you.

Postby Jebha » 13 Feb 2009, 10:40

sony wrote:Jebha,
The older Ethiopians, say "Baria (Negro)"only to those who are ruled by others (like Eriterians who were ruled by Italians). They don't think self ruling nation can be called Bariya (Negro). I hope that will explain it to you.

Slave material, you were ruled by the Italians, the Portuguese [Gondar castles], the British [after defeating thedores, they put their vessel Yohannes in power], the Soviets [complete domination of economics and political influence, they also built many infustructure in your country] and of course the 4 year British administration and the current American political and economic dominance.

Not only are your forefathers of baria material, but you are the biggest condoms Africa has ever seen. To top all of this, your coward leaders believed they were white; even though they are blacker than Dell Computers.

Postby sony » 13 Feb 2009, 12:08

Jebha wrote:
sony wrote:Jebha,

Slave material, you were ruled by the Italians, the Portuguese [Gondar castles], the British [after defeating thedores, they put their vessel Yohannes in power], the Soviets [complete domination of economics and political influence, they also built many infustructure in your country] and of course the 4 year British administration and the current American political and economic dominance.

Not only are your forefathers of baria material, but you are the biggest condoms Africa has ever seen. To top all of this, your coward leaders believed they were white; even though they are blacker than Dell Computers.

You the desperate and tormented shabia, every time, the true history is told, you get desperate and throw any thing and everything hoping it will save you.
What you don’t realize or understand is, it is your Askari parents who actually tormenting you, by feeding you the wrong history in first place.You should get mad on your Askari parents, not on the people who try to show you the true history.

Just by looking at your above statements, one can see how desperate you are by jumping “Arabana Qobo”. Throwing every thing and any thing will not save you, it rather shows your tormented soul. :lol: :lol:

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion