Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Re: The new alliance of Somali, Afar, Tigray, Agew, Beneshangule, Gambela and Southern will remain the bosses of the country, if you do not like it get out from our home

Postby Portlandia » 28 Dec 2017, 03:27

TPLF must not make the same mistake that Iyasu did. Allying itself with groups who's populations are in djibouti, somalia and eritrea is a direct threat to the europeans. Its better to just dismantle opdo, andm etc and make a new oromo-amhara democratic party. There's a reason why EPRDF only includes 4 members. usa is not pleased with liyu, they want tigrayans to form the militia not somalis. usa will cause civil war if tplf continues to ignore their demands.

Re: The new alliance of Somali, Afar, Tigray, Agew, Beneshangule, Gambela and Southern will remain the bosses of the country, if you do not like it get out from our home

Postby somali-prince » 28 Dec 2017, 09:55

Sadacha Macca wrote:Most of the people you named hate tplf and tigray.

Let's break it down:

1. In Afar urban areas, TPLF gunmen and their cohorts illegally and forcefully control the salt trade a d economy, causing much resentment among the Afars. Not only that TPLF illegally dominates their politics through a puppet party.

2. In the south, the people know tplf for the infamous massacre of 100s of anuaks in a day.
Tplf also leased their land to Arabs, Indians, others, who export the food, while the indigenous southern people have to survive on food aid. Tigrayan gunmen also Control this region by force and are hated and feared by the locals.

3. The ogaden genocide and economic blockade, that the world knows about, are attributed to the tplf. The tplf starved the populace, raped, killed, and blocked all media and Aid to the region.
Abdi iley only controls his state by force otherwise even onlf can beat him and his party in a fair election just refer to when the onlf won in 94.

At the end of the day, the two creators of Ethiopia, will be the ones to save Ethiopia. Majorities do not run and secede, minorities do. So if you hate the same people who fed and protected your ungrateful azzzz, then use your article 39 and bye. Good luck when Eritrea inevitably comes back for badme.

Sadacha,

You have raised some legit questions with regards to halafi's suggestion. However, despite the past problems somalis trust tigreys implicitly compared to oromos and amharas. Dont get me wrong when I say this, we consider oromos as our next of kin -somali abows, but politically and strategically, somalis will rather side with tplf. One thing is for sure though, in order for it to maerialise, it requires wide consultations and I believe the the other nationalities will also prefer to side with tigreys than oromo or amharas.

Out of curiosity, you have touched on the 'creators of ethiopia' it has been almost 40 years ago that under the order of the president we closed olf training camps and the reason was very simple; arming oromos is simply arming amharas. I am quite surprised that you will consider amharas as 'equals' or 'partners' for that matter. Afterall, Siyad Barre was very intelligent individual he knew deeply somali-abows will ultimately side with the amharas. Betting on tigreys and eplf was a gamble that Barre knew will succeed and boy was he right.

Postby Benn » 28 Dec 2017, 10:56

Read this mentally enslaved individual !! Just for once, stand on your own foot and do something that is good for Ethiopia, not for Europe or America !

In order to keep his minority in power, this deranged individual is ready to make war with every one of his neighbors, against Ethiopia's national interest !!! And, they wonder why everybody hates them, both Ethiopian and neighboring countries alike !!

What a disgraces !

Portlandia wrote:TPLF must not make the same mistake that Iyasu did. Allying itself with groups who's populations are in djibouti, somalia and eritrea is a direct threat to the europeans. Its better to just dismantle opdo, andm etc and make a new oromo-amhara democratic party. There's a reason why EPRDF only includes 4 members. usa is not pleased with liyu, they want tigrayans to form the militia not somalis. usa will cause civil war if tplf continues to ignore their demands.

Postby Portlandia » 29 Dec 2017, 07:51

Benn wrote:Read this mentally enslaved individual !! Just for once, stand on your own foot and do something that is good for Ethiopia, not for Europe or America !

In order to keep his minority in power, this deranged individual is ready to make war with every one of his neighbors, against Ethiopia's national interest !!! And, they wonder why everybody hates them, both Ethiopian and neighboring countries alike !!

What a disgraces !

Portlandia wrote:TPLF must not make the same mistake that Iyasu did. Allying itself with groups who's populations are in djibouti, somalia and eritrea is a direct threat to the europeans. Its better to just dismantle opdo, andm etc and make a new oromo-amhara democratic party. There's a reason why EPRDF only includes 4 members. usa is not pleased with liyu, they want tigrayans to form the militia not somalis. usa will cause civil war if tplf continues to ignore their demands.

nobody said anything about making war with neighbor, if your not friends it doesnt mean your enemy. ethiopia must guard itself from angering usa thats the bottom line, you can call it being coward or not having ethiopian interest bla bla but i call it being intelligent and knowing ones limit.

Postby Khysion » 29 Dec 2017, 12:49

Portlandia: Brother my historical ally. What you think of this historical fact and you should check through Afran Qaalo sub-clans and you'll know this is true. Read this.

Also, read Dire Dawa history which is my birth-city: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dire_Dawa

Now I know you're Harari, but I'm simply asking your opinions on this?

Postby Sadacha Macca » 29 Dec 2017, 15:24

somali-prince wrote:
Sadacha Macca wrote:Most of the people you named hate tplf and tigray.

Let's break it down:

1. In Afar urban areas, TPLF gunmen and their cohorts illegally and forcefully control the salt trade a d economy, causing much resentment among the Afars. Not only that TPLF illegally dominates their politics through a puppet party.

2. In the south, the people know tplf for the infamous massacre of 100s of anuaks in a day.
Tplf also leased their land to Arabs, Indians, others, who export the food, while the indigenous southern people have to survive on food aid. Tigrayan gunmen also Control this region by force and are hated and feared by the locals.

3. The ogaden genocide and economic blockade, that the world knows about, are attributed to the tplf. The tplf starved the populace, raped, killed, and blocked all media and Aid to the region.
Abdi iley only controls his state by force otherwise even onlf can beat him and his party in a fair election just refer to when the onlf won in 94.

At the end of the day, the two creators of Ethiopia, will be the ones to save Ethiopia. Majorities do not run and secede, minorities do. So if you hate the same people who fed and protected your ungrateful azzzz, then use your article 39 and bye. Good luck when Eritrea inevitably comes back for badme.

Sadacha,

You have raised some legit questions with regards to halafi's suggestion. However, despite the past problems somalis trust tigreys implicitly compared to oromos and amharas. Dont get me wrong when I say this, we consider oromos as our next of kin -somali abows, but politically and strategically, somalis will rather side with tplf. One thing is for sure though, in order for it to maerialise, it requires wide consultations and I believe the the other nationalities will also prefer to side with tigreys than oromo or amharas.

Out of curiosity, you have touched on the 'creators of ethiopia' it has been almost 40 years ago that under the order of the president we closed olf training camps and the reason was very simple; arming oromos is simply arming amharas. I am quite surprised that you will consider amharas as 'equals' or 'partners' for that matter. Afterall, Siyad Barre was very intelligent individual he knew deeply somali-abows will ultimately side with the amharas. Betting on tigreys and eplf was a gamble that Barre knew will succeed and boy was he right.

Somalia can Ally with who they want. I don't care.
But in the end, tplf will collapse eventually, and lose power to the combined oromo amara force.
Then what? Do you think oromo amara Ethiopia will let you secede and live happily ever after?
Or do you see a million man army once again descending into the Somali region?
Will tplf save u then or run to save their own azzzez?
Afars hate tplf to the bone. They'd never side with them. They are proud Ethiopians just ask them. Tell them they're not Ethiopian and see if you leave their areas alive or intact.sidama konso gurage etc all would join an united Ethiopian movement instead of being slaves and 2nd class citizens to tplf. They're not you, they don't willingly accept tigrayan domination.
As far as siad Barre, his problem with oromos was a territorial dispute, not him worried bout arming oromo as an indirect way of arming amaraa.
The oromo and afar didn't accept siad Barre claiming huge parts of land that were never part of Somalia. So the alliance never lasted....

Postby sun » 29 Dec 2017, 15:37

Really? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"If wishes were horses even beggars can ride" states an old proverb.

So you are offering your self serving born dead suggestion for saving the tplf oligarchs coming from the 6% minority ethnic base, for them to repeat the same old minority mistakes of being above the law, the law, the past the current and the future after keeping mama Ethiopia on its constant death bed for the last 27 years, currently approaching critical points of no return.

Times change for the best my friend and that is why these great Oromos and the great Amharas who have now discovered themselves and each other and together constitute over 80% of the total Ethiopian population MUST NECESSARILY PLAN AND IMPLEMENT CHANGING THE SICK RULES, THE PARTIES, THE GOVERNMENT AND THE GOVERNANCE so that ETHIOPIA MAY BECOME GREAT AGAIN.
:P

Postby sun » 29 Dec 2017, 15:57

Portlandia wrote:
Benn wrote:Read this mentally enslaved individual !! Just for once, stand on your own foot and do something that is good for Ethiopia, not for Europe or America !

What a disgraces !

nobody said anything about making war with neighbor, if your not friends it doesnt mean your enemy. ethiopia must guard itself from angering usa thats the bottom line, you can call it being coward or not having ethiopian interest bla bla but i call it being intelligent and knowing ones limit.

hmm...! 8)

Okay! Here I agree with you 100% because you seem to have kept some part of your senses intact seemingly with the magical help of the organic nutritious Oromo milk and honey, despite your over all transparent greed and stupidities which may not lead you to serendipity unless you learn to respect the great egalitarian and democratic Oromos. :lol:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." ~Albert Einstein :P

Postby Portlandia » 29 Dec 2017, 19:29

:cry:
Khysion wrote:Portlandia: Brother my historical ally. What you think of this historical fact and you should check through Afran Qaalo sub-clans and you'll know this is true. Read this.

[Image: https://image.prntscr.com/image/odLa-Mp ... t9aTHw.png]

Also, read Dire Dawa history which is my birth-city: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dire_Dawa

Now I know you're Harari, but I'm simply asking your opinions on this?

Like the Jarso and other Oromo clans of Harar, the Afran are mixed with Harari and Somali. Somalis had been making advances into Harar due to a samale-harla war prior to the abyssinian-adal war. Adal collapsed and Hararis had no protection against Oromo and Somalis. The Somali clans in Zaila are mixed with Harari as well. Ajuran the water based state started a somalization campaign by invading from the south, pushing oromo away from the sea towards Harar and hararis could hardly fight back. Harar helped the hybrid Somali-hararis form the Geledi Sultanate (house of galluweger) which destroyed Ajuran but the damage had been done, most of the coast was now Somali.

Postby Khysion » 29 Dec 2017, 19:59

Portlandia: Yes, I agree Hararis were assimulated but all Somalis from every corner of the Horn have been proven to be related, so let's not lie about anything being hybrid because I've never heard of such information.

There is no recorded evidence of Gallas inhabiting the south. The Jubba and Shabelle rivers along with the southern coast were ruled by Ajuuran. However, other Somali clans such as Hawiye, Rahanweyn and southern Dir were also part of it and they were referred as Ajar which is a reference to none-Ajuuran Somali tribes and was basically a powerful empire called Ajuuran Empire and their capital was Mogadishu. The rebellion was Hawiye and Rahanweyn and they established Geledi Sultanate and Hiraab Sultanate which were successor states of Ajuuran Empire. Geledi is a sub-clan of Digil (Rahanweyn), they have nothing to do with Hararis. Dude I was going to be serious with you but you're sounding like a troll right now. :lol:

Also, Ajuuran Empire wasn't the only a water-based state in Africa but it heavily depended on trading, agriculture and tax. It had flourishing commercial ports such as Kismayo, Barawa, Merca, Warsheikh, Mareeg, Hobyo and obviously the capital Mogadishu which was considered the richest city in the Indian Ocean.

The one clan you're talking about that use to own Zeila was a clan called Walashma which was a sub-clan of Dir but their numbers steadily dwindled and other Dir clans took over which were Issa and Gadabursi.

Somalis and Hararis never waged a serious war with each other. Have you not heard of Dawaro Sultanate? It was a Somali kingdom establish by Jarso clan which is a sub-clan of Dir and did you know that kingdom was right around the corner of Harar? But later on, Dawaro joined Adal kingdom and became its vessel.

Adal Sultanate composed of northern Somalis, Afars and Hararis. Are you going to deny that?

Previous Page Next Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion