Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Addis Ababa Rocked with the largest anti-Meles Zenawi protest in History

Postby addischarm » 23 Apr 2012, 00:37

Hundreds of thousands Ethiopian protesters rock Addis Ababa

April 22, 2012 (Durame) – Addis Ababa was rocked with the largest protest in the city's history last Friday afternoon when hundreds of thousands of Ethiopian Muslims gathered after Friday prayers to demand an end to oppression and interference in their religious affairs.

The protesters came together after Zenawi's autocratic administration had put an Ahbas in charge of the religious affairs of Ethiopin Muslims with the aim of spreading Ahbash ideology.

"Meles Zenawi must go, the dictator has declared war on Ethiopian Muslims. Our solidarity last Friday shows we are fed up with him and backing down is no longer an option for us," said 24-year-old Mohammed by phone.

"Right now, Addis Ababa is tense. You can feel a revolution being formulated. No one fears the tyrant anymore. God willing, the humiliation and oppression our people have suffered will have a quick ending," Mohammed added.

READ MORE

Re: Addis Ababa Rocked with the largest anti-Meles Zenawi protest in History

Postby Halafi Mengedi » 23 Apr 2012, 00:45

I see hundreds of 'FETFATO MAAKOROM/ QIT FETFATI". I am wondering about the tall tower than the friday gathering. Are you telling us this is the first time Muslims gathered in that Mosque on Friday???

Postby Obamajr. » 23 Apr 2012, 00:54

Halafi Mengedi wrote:[b]I see hundreds of 'FETFATO MAAKOROM/ QIT FETFATI". I am wondering about the tall tower than the friday gathering. Are you telling us this is the first time Muslims gathered in that Mosque on Friday???

ብስ@ብስ ትግሬ -
It is time for you to pack up your garbage and get out from Addis as soon as possible. :roll: Tell Belaynesh fessso to do the same. :lol: ሆዳም ሹምባሽ ባንዳ

Postby gonde » 23 Apr 2012, 03:22

How come we don’t see this marvelous news at the front page of every Ethiopian web? there really is something wrong with us. I no longer a member of Ethiopian orthodox church , but, as a Christian I totally support you my Moslem brothers and sisters!!!

Postby Aragaw » 23 Apr 2012, 11:50

Halafi Mengedi wrote:I see hundreds of 'FETFATO MAAKOROM/ QIT FETFATI". I am wondering about the tall tower than the friday gathering. Are you telling us this is the first time Muslims gathered in that Mosque on Friday???

No It is not the first time Muslim gathered on Fridays. It is the first anti Melse demonstration. Scarey. Isn't it?

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion