Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum


Policy Shift Observed as UK Invited Eritrea for Bilateral Talks and Investment

Postby richard » 12 Feb 2012, 14:34


The pillar of the British foreign policy can be summed up as “ there are no permanent friends nor permanent enemies but only permanent Interest.” Here they are!

http://www.tesfanews.net/archives/6477

By Foreign and Commonwealth Office ,

Foreign Office Minister Henry Bellingham met with the Eritrean Delegation to discuss a range of issues including the UK’s bilateral relationship with Eritrea.

The Eritrean Foreign Minister, Osman Saleh, and Yemane Ghebreab, senior political adviser to the President, visited the Foreign Office from 7-8 February. This was the first Eritrean ministerial visit to the UK.

The Eritrean Delegation met the Minister of Africa, Henry Bellingham, the Secretary of State for International Development, Andrew Mitchell, and had meetings with senior Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and UKBA officials.

A range of issues were discussed including the UK’s bilateral relationship with Eritrea; regional security and stability; migration and piracy.

Mr Bellingham also underlined the importance the UK attaches to improvements to human rights, including the case of the G11 (the group of 11 parliamentarians arrested in September 2001), and religious and press freedoms.

Mr Bellingham also hosted a business roundtable for existing and potential investors in which 22 companies participated. Discussion centred on potential investment opportunities in the extractive (mining) industries, infrastructure development, agriculture and financial services.

http://www.tesfanews.net/archives/6477




Re: Policy Shift Observed as UK Invited Eritrea for Bilateral Talks and Investment

Postby Selamawit » 12 Feb 2012, 16:08


The Brits were disgusted with Susan Rice's ghetto diplomacy during the drive for the sanctions. Undoubtedly, that experience has prompted the British to take another look at the marching Camel and don't want to be left behind. Soon the US will follow suit by telling the Woyanes to vacate Eritrean territories or face the mighty Shaebia alone.



Re: Policy Shift Observed as UK Invited Eritrea for Bilateral Talks and Investment

Postby YeSat-Nebelbal » 12 Feb 2012, 23:27


Personally, I would watch out for the backstabbers looters of the world, the Brits. These are the same people that kissed up to the Eritreans till the 2007 release of some British citizens from the Afar freedom fighters and, how did they repay Eritrea back? By sending MI5 and MI6 agents harm the country while pretending to be independent private company not linked to the government. Nothing came out of the second goodwill the Eritreans accorded the Brits with, the first one eboldened them to follow with the second act, now if the Eritreans accommodated the Brits, this tiem they will send their plane to violate the Eritteans air space. Unless they pay for everything (the past, the present and the potential third act to follow), there is no need to be nice to them and EVER trust them again. The British are the owl of the world, they see and hear things on all 360 degree at the same time they work at nigh under the cover of the darkness, while during the day remain hidden digesting what they gobbled at night.

richard wrote:The pillar of the British foreign policy can be summed up as “ there are no permanent friends nor permanent enemies but only permanent Interest.” Here they are!

http://www.tesfanews.net/archives/6477

By Foreign and Commonwealth Office ,

Foreign Office Minister Henry Bellingham met with the Eritrean Delegation to discuss a range of issues including the UK’s bilateral relationship with Eritrea.

The Eritrean Foreign Minister, Osman Saleh, and Yemane Ghebreab, senior political adviser to the President, visited the Foreign Office from 7-8 February. This was the first Eritrean ministerial visit to the UK.

The Eritrean Delegation met the Minister of Africa, Henry Bellingham, the Secretary of State for International Development, Andrew Mitchell, and had meetings with senior Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and UKBA officials.

A range of issues were discussed including the UK’s bilateral relationship with Eritrea; regional security and stability; migration and piracy.

Mr Bellingham also underlined the importance the UK attaches to improvements to human rights, including the case of the G11 (the group of 11 parliamentarians arrested in September 2001), and religious and press freedoms.

Mr Bellingham also hosted a business roundtable for existing and potential investors in which 22 companies participated. Discussion centred on potential investment opportunities in the extractive (mining) industries, infrastructure development, agriculture and financial services.

http://www.tesfanews.net/archives/6477



Re: Policy Shift Observed as UK Invited Eritrea for Bilateral Talks and Investment

Postby Zmeselo » 13 Feb 2012, 08:20


Wow yesat, that´s one of the best descriptions of the UK govt. and system ever penned down. Well said!



Re: Policy Shift Observed as UK Invited Eritrea for Bilateral Talks and Investment

Postby Obamajr. » 13 Feb 2012, 08:51


YeSat-Nebelbal wrote:Personally, I would watch out for the backstabbers looters of the world, the Brits. These are the same people that kissed up to the Eritreans till the 2007 release of some British citizens from the Afar freedom fighters and, how did they repay Eritrea back? By sending MI5 and MI6 agents harm the country while pretending to be independent private company not linked to the government. Nothing came out of the second goodwill the Eritreans accorded the Brits with, the first one eboldened them to follow with the second act, now if the Eritreans accommodated the Brits, this tiem they will send their plane to violate the Eritteans air space. Unless they pay for everything (the past, the present and the potential third act to follow), there is no need to be nice to them and EVER trust them again. The British are the owl of the world, they see and hear things on all 360 degree at the same time they work at nigh under the cover of the darkness, while during the day remain hidden digesting what they gobbled at night.

richard wrote:The pillar of the British foreign policy can be summed up as “ there are no permanent friends nor permanent enemies but only permanent Interest.” Here they are!

http://www.tesfanews.net/archives/6477

By Foreign and Commonwealth Office ,

Foreign Office Minister Henry Bellingham met with the Eritrean Delegation to discuss a range of issues including the UK’s bilateral relationship with Eritrea.

The Eritrean Foreign Minister, Osman Saleh, and Yemane Ghebreab, senior political adviser to the President, visited the Foreign Office from 7-8 February. This was the first Eritrean ministerial visit to the UK.

The Eritrean Delegation met the Minister of Africa, Henry Bellingham, the Secretary of State for International Development, Andrew Mitchell, and had meetings with senior Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and UKBA officials.

A range of issues were discussed including the UK’s bilateral relationship with Eritrea; regional security and stability; migration and piracy.

Mr Bellingham also underlined the importance the UK attaches to improvements to human rights, including the case of the G11 (the group of 11 parliamentarians arrested in September 2001), and religious and press freedoms.

Mr Bellingham also hosted a business roundtable for existing and potential investors in which 22 companies participated. Discussion centred on potential investment opportunities in the extractive (mining) industries, infrastructure development, agriculture and financial services.

http://www.tesfanews.net/archives/6477

To all shabos in this forum,
Instead of crying about the past, you need to focus in order how to stop your cousin Ashebir Zenawi from being the top of your master Issaias. Your master is a fool by attacking the West. In my opinion, It is not going to work. Your leader has to cooperate and do his best to have friends in the west. Those Russian and chinese are not going to help him in the future. You can learn form tyrant Assad.[ they will stay with him, when the kitchen is getting hot, they will disappear.]They always look for their own interests the same as West.
My point is, at this moment Ashebir holds the upper hand while Issaiass is the target of the West. simple formula for your guys. :roll: Issias has to open his eyes and swallow his pride in order to compete with his cousin Zenawi once for all. :roll: You have two ports and try to use them by any means you can. If you do that, your leader will stay longer than Ashebir Zenawi for sure. This is my perspective and I hope you accept my criticism for good.



Re: Policy Shift Observed as UK Invited Eritrea for Bilateral Talks and Investment

Postby revolutions » 13 Feb 2012, 09:50


Obamajr. wrote:
My point is, at this moment Ashebir holds the upper hand while Issaiass is the target of the West. simple formula for your guys. :roll: Issias has to open his eyes and swallow his pride in order to compete with his cousin Zenawi once for all. :roll:


Ever heard of the phrase "everyone wins in the Special Olympics" ?
Special Olympics being the competitive sports event for people with intellectual disabilities (retards) where everybody gets a trophy at the end. The West has a similar Olympics for Third World dictators who compete to win a variety of prizes, such as food-aid or financial aid. Every retard dictator who participates in the event gets to win something at the end.

The Benevolent dictator of Eritrea, President Isaias Afewerki, however, is not qualified to compete in such sporting event intended only for the intellectually disabled dictators by virtue of his well-known disdain for food-aid and foreign-aid, that he thinks is the root cause of corruption and the crippling aid dependency in Africa which deprives people of their dignity.

It is his pride that has prevented him from pretending to be a retard in order to participate in the Special Olympics for dictators. I agree with you that the Shabo must swallow his pride, pretend to be a mega retard, take part in the Special Olympics, and feed expired food-aid to his people. Because begging for aid is a powerful symbol of civilization.



Re: Policy Shift Observed as UK Invited Eritrea for Bilateral Talks and Investment

Postby Obamajr. » 13 Feb 2012, 13:17


revolutions wrote:
Obamajr. wrote:
My point is, at this moment Ashebir holds the upper hand while Issaiass is the target of the West. simple formula for your guys. :roll: Issias has to open his eyes and swallow his pride in order to compete with his cousin Zenawi once for all. :roll:


Ever heard of the phrase "everyone wins in the Special Olympics" ?
Special Olympics being the competitive sports event for people with intellectual disabilities (retards) where everybody gets a trophy at the end. The West has a similar Olympics for Third World dictators who compete to win a variety of prizes, such as food-aid or financial aid. Every retard dictator who participates in the event gets to win something at the end.

The Benevolent dictator of Eritrea, President Isaias Afewerki, however, is not qualified to compete in such sporting event intended only for the intellectually disabled dictators by virtue of his well-known disdain for food-aid and foreign-aid, that he thinks is the root cause of corruption and the crippling aid dependency in Africa which deprives people of their dignity.

It is his pride that has prevented him from pretending to be a retard in order to participate in the Special Olympics for dictators. I agree with you that the Shabo must swallow his pride, pretend to be a mega retard, take part in the Special Olympics, and feed expired food-aid to his people. Because begging for aid is a powerful symbol of civilization.

Because begging for aid is a powerful symbol of civilization.

It is not a powerful symbol of civilization but it is a matter of survival. :roll: Take my word, your president will fall first before Ashebir does. We will see



Re: Policy Shift Observed as UK Invited Eritrea for Bilateral Talks and Investment

Postby Zmeselo » 13 Feb 2012, 13:37


OJ, the problem is PIA believes in "better to die standing than live on ones knees!"



Re: Policy Shift Observed as UK Invited Eritrea for Bilateral Talks and Investment

Postby Aba-Dula » 13 Feb 2012, 14:59


Mixed Marshal Arts (MMA) is my favorite sports to watch, I enjoy watching bare nuckle match in the ring where the superior contender comes out walking while the conquered stands thinking about the next match to heal his wounded pride. What's so amazing in this sport is that the vanquished has just as much skills as the victorious contender, what dictates the outcome is a tiny flaw in throwing a punch or underestimating the oponent, feeling too confident during the contest. It may even be not a flaw at all, but a pure fluke. The most sensitive locality in any contender's fortified physique is the shock absorber on the chin. Some people are naturally endowed with strong shock absorbers, but most contender nurture their shock absorber.

For Oj to still write on the thread after having been induced with such a powerful medicine tells so much about the strength of his shock absorber. The uppercut by Revolution was undoubtedly too powerful for an armchair pencil pusher like Oj to withstand. Forget to see him form a complete sentence, I would not have expected him to get up, instead he is still answering back, GOOD FOR YOU Oj! In the mean time I have to advise to Revolutions not to hit hard anymore, for it might make Oj bedridden. We need people like him, who often wants to sound like a fair minded person but lacks the basics, no pun intended. I have one question though, what's is your diet Oj, I need to know millions of MMA fighter wannabes want to know how best to develop their shock absorber and your come back proves that you have a die to for chin shock absorbers.
revolutions wrote:
Obamajr. wrote:
My point is, at this moment Ashebir holds the upper hand while Issaiass is the target of the West. simple formula for your guys. :roll: Issias has to open his eyes and swallow his pride in order to compete with his cousin Zenawi once for all. :roll:


Ever heard of the phrase "everyone wins in the Special Olympics" ?
Special Olympics being the competitive sports event for people with intellectual disabilities (retards) where everybody gets a trophy at the end. The West has a similar Olympics for Third World dictators who compete to win a variety of prizes, such as food-aid or financial aid. Every retard dictator who participates in the event gets to win something at the end.

The Benevolent dictator of Eritrea, President Isaias Afewerki, however, is not qualified to compete in such sporting event intended only for the intellectually disabled dictators by virtue of his well-known disdain for food-aid and foreign-aid, that he thinks is the root cause of corruption and the crippling aid dependency in Africa which deprives people of their dignity.

It is his pride that has prevented him from pretending to be a retard in order to participate in the Special Olympics for dictators. I agree with you that the Shabo must swallow his pride, pretend to be a mega retard, take part in the Special Olympics, and feed expired food-aid to his people. Because begging for aid is a powerful symbol of civilization.

Next Page


Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Bwendimu, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Halafi Mengedi, Hamassien, Majestic-12 [Bot], SahoBrah, Shewit, Yahoo [Bot], yoha, Zmeselo