Ethiopian News and Opinion Forum

Tigray classical music, Over 50 years old, still perfect

Postby abel qael » 16 May 2008, 08:40

Bahta Gebrehiwot : the father of Tigrigna & amharic classical music ,revisits his famous " Siqay Yikeal Eyu ", one of the best Tigrigna classical songs during the last 50 or 60 years.

Enjoy !
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=FAA14433E2E6B225
Last edited by abel qael on 16 May 2008, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.

Postby workit » 16 May 2008, 08:59

Ante Zere Xifu, Tirf Anjet Ag@xame

Who cares about Ag@xame Azmari. qiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqiqi

Siga Quxer bilut Xafiya aend ale, wey guuuuudddd

Useless Xafiya...

Postby abel qael » 16 May 2008, 09:09

Bahta's Seqay Yikeal Eyu , as sung by a new rising star , the 22-years-old Mahlet .

http://www.youtube.com/v/zTB11gaKN7w&hl=en"></param><param></param><embed></embed></object>

Re: Tigray classical music, Over 50 years old, still perfec

Postby Hawi » 16 May 2008, 10:41

abel qael wrote:Bahta Gebrehiwot : the father of Tigrigna & amharic classical music ,revisits his famous " Siqay Yikeal Eyu ", one of the best Tigrigna classical songs during the last 50 or 60 years.

Enjoy !
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=FAA14433E2E6B225

:lol: :lol: :lol: you are killing me ag@@me boy.. he started to sing this awful song and all of a suden he is a father. :lol: He is not even great great great child of music let alone to be a father....

Postby abel qael » 16 May 2008, 23:44

Hawa de Anseba : Truly , you are the worst tegorami wedi Conturo Muro . For all I know, You're SIMPLY making yourself a laughing stock . Bahta's amharic songs are among the original in Ethiopian modern music. Bahta was the star in his Field , long before any of those who are still alive or the dead . And this was at a time when your dad, an ex- Italian -Gered, was coming barefooted to live & to work in Ethiopia.
The wealth of Bahta's Amharic music , and quite a few of his Tigrigna songs, fully testify the reason for his fame in those early days, during which modern Amharic music - ( not to mention that of Tigrigna, which started much later) - was in its primal years.

history 101 of Tigrigna music !
As I read it in the book written by a guy called Memhir Asres: president of mahber theatre Amera's founding fathers, who is himself from the Mendefera Region ; I recall , he said that Bahta & other Tigrayan musicians , along with other Tigrigna fans from Mereb Milash region , almost single handedly, created & raised the status of Mahber theatre Asmera ; where moder Tigrigna music was officially catapulted .
You can't change these or any facts simply becuz you are an azzhole, Tigray-hating wedi bedama .

Postby Somaliman » 17 May 2008, 00:27

I`m really wondering when Eritreans, Afewerqi in the first place are going to tell us something about Eritrea. Call me woyane comme d`habitude.

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion