Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Re: The Argobba Tribe of Ethiopia seem to be part jeberti +massawa beja, tigre and saho people

Postby Hard_Line » 21 Sep 2013, 12:26

Wedi Hizbi Eshok,

Anta qomal, if you have the arc of covenant, produce it. read the lines !!! As if I didn't know 8) 8) :lol:

BTW, our kahnat tell us that, do not trust hizbi Eshok qomalat fitret aggghames. Presto ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: The Argobba Tribe of Ethiopia seem to be part jeberti +massawa beja, tigre and saho people

Postby habashawi » 21 Sep 2013, 12:31

Argoba means Arab Gaba translated the Arabs entered in Amharic it has nothing to do with Eritreans they are now divided between Hadare , Afars , Amhara may be they are descendant from Axum like werje but brother you are making mistake Masssawa and Bjea are not the same Massawa is sematic while Beja are kush - Himatic and there is no relationships with Tigre,Saho people no contact the first they live in three countries ( Egypt,Sudan,Eritrea ) and saho as tribe they live in Eritrea only you may find them in sudan and Djibouti but in small number coming back to Argoba they dress up like Amhara/Tigray/Afars/Hadare so it is really confusing I heard also Oromos they claim them too

Postby Kara » 21 Sep 2013, 12:46

habashawi,

read my long post above. Argoba and werji are same people and the word means the same. Arogobaland was taken over by Oromos but they are not oromos. Folks tradition says arab geba which is totally wrong. The root of the their name is Arga, Arega, or Araga. Ba, beh means bet both in Adere and Argobeh and Some Gurage languages... You are wrong yourself.

Postby Ertrawnet » 21 Sep 2013, 13:06

Brother hardliner

The adwan monkey is jealous of us because we have free water, irrigation pipes, very fertile land, European cows,best hospital. We have never even imported taff from Ethiopia.We are the land of white taff the most superior taff quality 8)

the farm of kahsay haile

adey.JPG
adey.JPG (16.25 KiB) Viewed 172 times

fertile land.JPG
fertile land.JPG (19.76 KiB) Viewed 172 times

Vs Tigray ye Dingay ager :lol: :roll:
Last edited by Ertrawnet on 21 Sep 2013, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ertrawnet » 21 Sep 2013, 13:30

habashawi wrote:Argoba means Arab Gaba translated the Arabs entered in Amharic it has nothing to do with Eritreans they are now divided between Hadare , Afars , Amhara may be they are descendant from Axum like werje but brother you are making mistake Masssawa and Bjea are not the same Massawa is sematic while Beja are kush - Himatic and there is no relationships with Tigre,Saho people no contact the first they live in three countries ( Egypt,Sudan,Eritrea ) nd saho as tribe they live in Eritrea only you may find them in sudan and Djibouti but in small number coming back to Argoba they dress up like Amhara/Tigray/Afars/Hadare so it is really confusing I heard also Oromos they claim them too

You are funny guy, who said massawa was a race or tribe, its a old city full with diffrent tribes of muslim faith from yemen, saudia,gulf states, saho,tigre,afar,jeberti,nara, beni amir, hedareb/beja, they all spoke arabic..You said saho only lives in egypt,sudan and eritrea :lol: There is saho in Ethiopia aswell they are called Erob they speak Saho..They created the tigray region Agamme, and one of their king subagadis made adi grat to be the capital of the region..The argobba dress more like jberti,saho,tigre, some times afar, this argobba man's outfit is same as many of the massawa guys, and krar it self is belong to Tigre/beja people.
argobba.JPG
argobba.JPG (22.13 KiB) Viewed 169 times

Postby Degnet » 21 Sep 2013, 14:15

EPRDF wrote:
Zack wrote:
Ertrawnet wrote:
But the hararis do not trace their lineage back to Amhara or tigrai ,but two early Arabs who settled in Adari land and in the 8th century they developed the Semitic tongue the harari language , their language is similar to Arabic but than different,it has also allot of indigenous afar vocabulary for example raqa in afar is old man in harari its raga the hararis have never been to the highland the Amara and tigrai are from the highland far away from harar, the only highlanders who mixed with harari were Eritrean hamasien after the wars of imam Ahmed gurey , King isaac of medri bahri wanted to forge relations with the Amir of Harar Amir Muhamad abdella. And the King of medra bahri send a delegation of people from hamasien to harar,but these people never returned back to Eritrea, and assimilated into harari clans they are called the hassani clan now the harari historians say they are from qataban, and after the 9 century mere arrived from Arabia harar became the islamic capital of the horn of Africa. [color=#FF0000]The Argobba do not have roots in Amara and Tigrai either. i believe only Gurage and amhara and tigrai have close relations. We should not lump all Semitic speakers as one when it comes to genetics. The Tigre of Eritrea have no roots in Amara either.
[/color]

Warya zacow,

You better quit to confuse your readers by your oral history. The Argobas and Hararis are too similar and closely related ethnic groups of Ethiopia. So do Guraghes in shoa. In old time history books Guraghes were refered as shoa aderes and in some books Hararis/Aderes were refered as Harar guraghes. Harari language is very close to Silte and Wolone sects of guraghe. And the Argobas landguage is the mixture of Harari and Amharic language and Harari Language is the mixture Of Tigrigna and Amharic language with few borrowed Arabic words. You pick any Harari vocabulary it is either Tigrigna or Amharic word. Harari Aderigna is the combination of Tigrigna and Amharic.
And Hararis claim their origin back from Axumite. Thus, all semitic speaker groups of Ethiopia,unlike your claim, belong to a single parent ethnic group.

You said old man in Afar aff is raqa and in harari raga. let me add to you in Amharaic is a also aragawi.

"Arab muslim merchants" could mean combined force of jeberti, deki metahit, or deki masswa, even Saho. And "zeila" is more likley a miss interpretation of the more ancient Islamic city of Zula in massawa where the sahabas had first enterted when they came to see bahre naggasi (Al nejashi) in Dubarwa..

I never heard about argobba until I read this quote above.

ertrawinet atta wedi gumamay,

were you thinking that ethiopia and ertra are connected only through their Tigringna speakers??
Make more google on Hararis, Guraghes, Gafats and on ethnics of zay people in southern ethiopia who are living on lake zeway Islands and you will find your mirrored image.
atta deqi embuay

Ertrawnet wrote:misrak the insecure amaro donkey

what's your obsession with people who claim arab ancestry, many of ur amaro brothers are claiming Isreali blood such as the falasha and Ethiopian amara and tigrans in general. That's why i alway said donkey is donkey for a example have you notice the star of David in your Zionist flag? That means Zionawit Ethiopia, since when did u guys become Hebrew's ? Why don't you talk about that instead of nagging about others who say they have arab ancestry?

You are calling zack an [deleted] kisser, why are you not saying that to haylega(yibir lander aka Somali-ethio hawdian) stop being a hypocrite.. :lol:

The david star talks about hope in the future,than a dream running like you,philosophy is never known there.

Postby Degnet » 21 Sep 2013, 14:24

Degnet wrote:
EPRDF wrote:
Zack wrote:
Ertrawnet wrote:
But the hararis do not trace their lineage back to Amhara or tigrai ,but two early Arabs who settled in Adari land and in the 8th century they developed the Semitic tongue the harari language , their language is similar to Arabic but than different,it has also allot of indigenous afar vocabulary for example raqa in afar is old man in harari its raga the hararis have never been to the highland the Amara and tigrai are from the highland far away from harar, the only highlanders who mixed with harari were Eritrean hamasien after the wars of imam Ahmed gurey , King isaac of medri bahri wanted to forge relations with the Amir of Harar Amir Muhamad abdella. And the King of medra bahri send a delegation of people from hamasien to harar,but these people never returned back to Eritrea, and assimilated into harari clans they are called the hassani clan now the harari historians say they are from qataban, and after the 9 century mere arrived from Arabia harar became the islamic capital of the horn of Africa. [color=#FF0000]The Argobba do not have roots in Amara and Tigrai either. i believe only Gurage and amhara and tigrai have close relations. We should not lump all Semitic speakers as one when it comes to genetics. The Tigre of Eritrea have no roots in Amara either.
[/color]

Warya zacow,

You better quit to confuse your readers by your oral history. The Argobas and Hararis are too similar and closely related ethnic groups of Ethiopia. So do Guraghes in shoa. In old time history books Guraghes were refered as shoa aderes and in some books Hararis/Aderes were refered as Harar guraghes. Harari language is very close to Silte and Wolone sects of guraghe. And the Argobas landguage is the mixture of Harari and Amharic language and Harari Language is the mixture Of Tigrigna and Amharic language with few borrowed Arabic words. You pick any Harari vocabulary it is either Tigrigna or Amharic word. Harari Aderigna is the combination of Tigrigna and Amharic.
And Hararis claim their origin back from Axumite. Thus, all semitic speaker groups of Ethiopia,unlike your claim, belong to a single parent ethnic group.

You said old man in Afar aff is raqa and in harari raga. let me add to you in Amharaic is a also aragawi.

"Arab muslim merchants" could mean combined force of jeberti, deki metahit, or deki masswa, even Saho. And "zeila" is more likley a miss interpretation of the more ancient Islamic city of Zula in massawa where the sahabas had first enterted when they came to see bahre naggasi (Al nejashi) in Dubarwa..

I never heard about argobba until I read this quote above.

ertrawinet atta wedi gumamay,

were you thinking that ethiopia and ertra are connected only through their Tigringna speakers??
Make more google on Hararis, Guraghes, Gafats and on ethnics of zay people in southern ethiopia who are living on lake zeway Islands and you will find your mirrored image.
atta deqi embuay

Ertrawnet wrote:misrak the insecure amaro donkey

what's your obsession with people who claim arab ancestry, many of ur amaro brothers are claiming Isreali blood such as the falasha and Ethiopian amara and tigrans in general. That's why i alway said donkey is donkey for a example have you notice the star of David in your Zionist flag? That means Zionawit Ethiopia, since when did u guys become Hebrew's ? Why don't you talk about that instead of nagging about others who say they have arab ancestry?

You are calling zack an [deleted] kisser, why are you not saying that to haylega(yibir lander aka Somali-ethio hawdian) stop being a hypocrite.. :lol:

The david star talks about hope in the future,than a dream running like you,philosophy is never known there.

The famous book by the known holocaust serviver and evangelist,Corrie Ten boom carries the David star in the cover of the book and it is my dream that all Ethiopians unite in this spirit,many Christian Eritreans with a lion's heart admire d and loved this precious woman.

Postby Abe Abraham » 21 Sep 2013, 16:23

Halyeyga wrote:
wedi-hizbi wrote:
Halyeyga wrote:
ethiopianunity wrote:
wedi-hizbi wrote:Come on seraye..stop uttering nonsense..there was no king of bahrenegash at that time..ashama was axumite king..deal with it

TPLF, Shabia and their foreign masters are on campaign to deligitimize Ethiopia in every way these days.

You do realize the hizbi in wedi-hizbi's name is TPLF? I agree with everything he's said so far in the thread though. And yes, in the 7th century there was no Bahre Negash, just the King of Axum Ashama Nejashi mentioned in Islamic texts. The Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) prayed salatul janazah for him when he passed away and prayed for blessings upon him and his kingdom.

My Somali friend halyega. Hizbi is a Tigrigna word for people, I'm a wedi-hizbi, son of the people, the people of axumite. Now tell me What does halyega mean?
Thank you for clarifying this thing up. These seraye kids knew it too, this king, muslims love is of axumite based on Kilte Awlalo..
here is His tomb..

Ah, I thought hizbi meant something like party, as in political party. Thanks, I didn't know that. Halyeyga is two parts, Halyey + ga. Halyey means wolf and the +ga makes it definitive. The Wolf. It was the codename for my grandfather when he was part of the Italian invasion of Abyssinia during WWII.

What is this kilte Awlalo?

In modern Arabic Hizb means party but in the past the meaning of Hizb in Arabia was a group of people. So, the difference in the meaning of Hizb in Geez and Arabic, in the past and today, is the size. It is more likely that the Arabs took the word from our part of Africa. Our Ta'ot became Taqoot in Arabic and Fetena took the shape of Fitna. Those are few examples of the many.

Previous Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion