Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Re: Why did Arkebe Equbay defect to the United States?

Postby Atsbeha » 14 Sep 2013, 07:27

May be he is afraid of being tortured by the emerging dicatator Getachew assefa. Getchew as security chief is abusing his power to eliminate his personal opponents. He is using corruption case to get rid of those who are on his way to monopolize his power. However the hawkish measures of Getachew may stop soon.

Postby Ethoash » 14 Sep 2013, 08:33

Silk Da Shocker wrote:http://www.durame.com/2013/09/why-did-arkebe-equbay-defect-to-united.html

Mr.Arkebe Equbay, give up his power... He is not active member.. So he is private citizen ... As private citizen he can live any place he wanted...and he doesn't have to ask asylum.. Rembeber he worth billion dollars okay 100 million dollars ... Ask urself why ask yourself asylum where the American government investigate every thing u say...if u ask asylum u can't lie having billion of dollars or bank account...

So pls go back to ur sources and back to me with ur story.

Postby Dejazmch of Tigrai » 14 Sep 2013, 09:34

Arkebe Equbai is pursuing his advanced studies in Europe, there is nothing new here, all TPLF heavy weights have done it in the past and Arkebe is doing it now.

Postby Ethoash » 14 Sep 2013, 10:42

Dejazmch of Tigrai wrote:Arkebe Equbai is pursuing his advanced studies in Europe, there is nothing new here, all TPLF heavy weights have done it in the past and Arkebe is doing it now.

My dearest doll man of Tigre,

Hold a munite, here "all TPLF heavy weights have done it in the past and Arkebe is doing it now"

Pls correct me if I am wrong...what is TPLF heavy weight salery? If u don't know God meles make only 4000birr per month after tax... Now u can tell us how much our heavy weight make per month? To afforded education in America...I use to luck u ...but u r blind supporter...

I think Arkebe Equbai, used to live in Canada and educated in Canada so why do he have to ask asylum in America...why not go back to Canada ...that means the rumor as it wrong. I love Arkebe Equbai, he is the one who modernized Addis Ababa he is started all

Postby Shewit » 14 Sep 2013, 11:06

Silk Da Shocker wrote:http://www.durame.com/2013/09/why-did-arkebe-equbay-defect-to-united.html

Warning!
DO NOT OPEN THE ABOVE LINK THE [deleted] POSTED, IT WILL DAMAGE YOUR PC.

Again, DO NOR open this this link http://www.durame.com/2013/09/why-did-a ... nited.html

Postby Semira » 14 Sep 2013, 11:12

Dejazmch of Tigrai wrote:Arkebe Equbai is pursuing his advanced studies in Europe, there is nothing new here, all TPLF heavy weights have done it in the past and Arkebe is doing it now.

the deceitful Wishatem Dejazmach !! why do you have to lie always? This song is composed for compulsive liers like you

Postby *R* » 14 Sep 2013, 11:15

Shewit wrote:
Warning!
DO NOT OPEN THE ABOVE LINK THE [deleted] POSTED, IT WILL DAMAGE YOUR PC.

Again, DO NOR open this this link http://www.durame.com/2013/09/why-did-a ... nited.html

I visited the website above and the link seemed fine to me. Anyway, here is the article in case you are scared to open the link:

http://www.durame.com/2013/09/why-did-a ... nited.html

Why did Arkebe Equbay defect to the United States?

In what is a clear sign of infighting within the TPLF regime, Arkebe Equbay, a senior Ethiopian official, defected to the United States and is currently residing in the Denver area, a source familiar with the situation informed Durame by phone.

Arkebe, who was on a visit to the United States, reportedly claimed asylum after an unnamed informant working with the secretive Ethiopian National Intelligence and Security Service tipped him off that he would be incarcerated upon his return to Ethiopia.

This defection is a colossal blow to the regime, which at one point, regarded Arkebe as the heir apparent to the late Ethiopian dictator, Meles Zenawi. In 2008, senior Ethiopian officials of the ruling party voted for Arkebe to lead the politburo. Arkebe, however, declined out of fear of upsetting Meles, who had held the chairmanship position.

Sources in Addis have said Debretsion Gebremichael, the current Deupty Prime Minister and a former spy chief of Ethiopia, is responsible for ordering the arrest of Arkebe. According to reports, Debrestsion sees Arkebe, who supports Bereket, as an obstacle to consolidating his rule over the country.

With Arkebe defection, Bereket Simon, the current Communication Minister and defacto ruler of Ethiopia, is quickly losing allies in the party. Bereket and Debrestsion have been at odds with one another that has split the TPLF party into two rivaling factions.

It should be recalled, this is the fifth major defection of mid to senior Ethiopian officials within the last 9 months, including Getachew Belay, the former Deputy Chief of EFFORT; Kefyalew Azeze, the former Vice Mayor of Addis Ababa; Atakliti Hagos, the former Director of the Federal Civil Service Agency and Junedin Sado; the former Minister of Civil Service.

Postby *R* » 14 Sep 2013, 11:19

It seems like you know a lot about the TPLF. Can you tell us please the following:

How much does it cost to study in Europe as an international student with all extras and expenses paid?
And how much does he earn to afford this?
There are more than 20 universities in Ethiopia, why didn't he stay and study there?

Postby Hillal » 14 Sep 2013, 12:44

PIA considers the entire Tribal Junta Apparachie as mere goons, nut cakes and revolutionary democracy adolescents. :lol: :lol: :lol: But, he has some respect for Arkbe Inquay. Reliable source!!!!!!! Thus, Debrestion and Arkebe are competing to serve their creator and master - the prophet Wedi Afom. :shock: :lol: :lol: Arkbie seems to have lost the battle.

Next Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion