Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Re: Zack: gallla = kufar, kaffir, haram.

Postby Zack » 07 Aug 2013, 18:30

Libaax the Oromos 40 million means little the problem with oromo is went they expanded into central the oromos were warriors they conquered many tribes and annexed them and took them as their own, developed different kind of political realities on the ground you will get a huge number of Oromos. But the Oromos are not all the same they are not politically united. And there was never a oromo entity before but orma from Kenya and Shoa oromo live into different planets. Borana oromos and Wello Oromos live into different planets. Raya oromos and Bale oromos live into different planets. Oromos is not just an ethnic group its a whole freaking nation. By the way i am from Shinile diredawa a Somali from the Somali region. Libaax you are a Somali from Somalia , ofcourse u dont care , about Ethiopia , but me Zack is from there my life is connected to that place. I have nothing with Somalia, all i know about Somalia is that i visited that place as a child with my father. But i have no connection to Somalia other than the language af Somali?. I have everything to do with Xabashis what happened in addis ababa what happens in Mekele or adwa effects my region. What happens in Mogadishu or hargeisa beledweyne doesn't effect me bro.

Postby libaax1495 » 07 Aug 2013, 19:02

Zack wrote:Libaax the Oromos 40 million means little the problem with oromo is went they expanded into central the oromos were warriors they conquered many tribes and annexed them and took them as their own, developed different kind of political realities on the ground you will get a huge number of Oromos. But the Oromos are not all the same they are not politically united. And there was never a oromo entity before but orma from Kenya and Shoa oromo live into different planets. Borana oromos and Wello Oromos live into different planets. Raya oromos and Bale oromos live into different planets. Oromos is not just an ethnic group its a whole freaking nation. By the way i am from Shinile diredawa a Somali from the Somali region. Libaax you are a Somali from Somalia , ofcourse u dont care , about Ethiopia , but me Zack is from there my life is connected to that place. I have nothing with Somalia, all i know about Somalia is that i visited that place as a child with my father. But i have no connection to Somalia other than the language af Somali?. I have everything to do with Xabashis what happened in addis ababa what happens in Mekele or adwa effects my region. What happens in Mogadishu or hargeisa beledweyne doesn't effect me bro.

let me get this straight, you commiserate with the people who keep you in bondage, if they at-least accepted you, i could understand. but they look down on you and just because your tribal leaders decide that colluding with Ethiopia was in their best interest here you are the poster child for the subservient Somali that xabasha love so much. it not surprising if all the trains stop, Djibouti would be starving ergo why addis is important to you polity. but why give a damn about Mekelle, Adwa or Badme. these land have not interest for the cissa whose very exist in tied to Addis and southern western Ethiopia. what does it matter to you what happen along the faultline of inter-Xabasha rivally or even conflict. if tigray in implodes it will only effect Eritrea and Amhara but not distant Shinile or Djibouti.

Postby Zack » 07 Aug 2013, 19:08

Maybe you dont know but Tigray rules Ethiopia what happens in that part of ethiopia concerns all of ethiopia , i dont care much about who looks down or looks up to some one , thats not my interests here i am here to communicate with the ethiopians about ethiopian politics, yeah surely we are not part of ethiopia by choice but hey one has to to do all he can to make a difference.By the way i dont really much care about Somalis in all over the horn i am not a Somali nationalist ,what happens in that god forsaken Somalia is not my interest let Somalis solve that. I am a Djiboutian an issa our trade our interests is mainly connected to Ethiopia. But we wish the Somalis the best , but there is no place for them now i have no time for them

Postby libaax1495 » 07 Aug 2013, 19:20

Zack wrote:Maybe you dont know but Tigray rules Ethiopia what happens in that part of ethiopia concerns all of ethiopia , i dont care much about who looks down or looks up to some one , thats not my interests here i am here to communicate with the ethiopians about ethiopian politics, yeah surely we are not part of ethiopia by choice but hey one has to to do all he can to make a difference.By the way i dont really much care about Somalis in all over the horn i am not a Somali nationalist ,what happens in that god forsaken Somalia is not my interest let Somalis solve that. I am a Djiboutian an issa our trade our interests is mainly connected to Ethiopia. But we wish the Somalis the best , but there is no place for them now i have no time for them

I guess your right, i used to care about all somalis but i have had to reevaluate exact why. the true is that Waqooyi does really mean anything to me any more. I wish you and Djibouti the best.

Postby Zack » 07 Aug 2013, 19:23

Thanks good luck with your Somaliland.

Postby yaballo » 07 Aug 2013, 19:43

Liibax says: the xabasha and Somali are waraabo, you'll devour you whole. they care little for the oromo, and will use you as cannon folder and foot soldiers in their next wars

Libax,

I agree in toto with your assertion that the two groups are waraabo-s! :mrgreen: By the way, this word for hyena (woraabo) is a common female name amongst the Borana-Oromo. Of course, it is drived from the noun form of "woraabessaa" [hyena].

First up, when you calculate the percentage of the "habasha" vis a vis the Orormo & the rest, keep in mid that a significant portion of the Oromo are actually part of this same "habasha" or 'ethiopianist" sub-group in terms of their attitude, outlook, dress sense, culture, etc.

If you add the percentage of people from other non-habasha groups (eg. Guraghe) who have also been assimilated into this broad pool of habasha identity, you have a very large sub-group of Amharic-speaking Ethiopians indeed!. More, this sub-set of Ethiopians is growing faster than all the other groups. That is: Amharic speakers in Ethiopia (not just ethnic Amhara), I believe, are the majority in Ethiopia. Some rigid Oromo, Somali, Tigre, etc, nationalists tend to down-play or ignore this reality to the determent of their cause.

Now, a bit on your comment on Oromos needing validation from the Habasha or Somalis. That is something that you've imagined. At the very least, Borana-Oromo persons wouldn't do that as they are proud people who still live according to their waaqa-given indigenous African traditions. The same couldn't be said about the Islam/Arab-obsessed Somalis, for example :idea: .

All my argument was about Zack's manners - rather lack there of - in insisting to refer to the Oromo as galllas. I kept on telling him that the actual Oromos never called themselves galllas but used their clan names as their identifiers for centuries. Only aliens referred to them by that word & somehow, the word came to mean a kufar/kafir/armene/uncivilised/contaminated/untouchable.

There is a really derogatory term used by Oromos to refer to the Somalis & it is a play-on-word on a 'rabbied [mad] dog'. Do you want me to refer to your or your people on this forum by using this rude term? No, I didn't think so. Nor would I feel OK about doing that because it would be rude & I will be seen as lacking manners.

My attempt was to tell Zack to be more civil in accepting my reasoning not to insist in referring to the Oromos as galllas. That is it. Nabad/nagaati.

Zack:

It really doesn't matter when others start using the word gallla to refer to the Oromo. More important is that the actual Oromo clans never used that term but defined themselves via their clan names. Somalis did - still do to some extent - the same. Ishi, goljjicha gad-ta'e finca'u?

Postby Zack » 07 Aug 2013, 19:48

Brother Yaballo it was never my intention to insult or attack Oromo , please forgive me for as it is eid tomorrow , i was actually taught that gallla was not an insult, but oromos took pride of it, even their nationalists. But i will call oromo by their name i am always up for reasoning whether oromo or galla or what ever name was used, we will always remain neighbors,and we should continue to co exists.

Postby AbyssiniaLady » 07 Aug 2013, 19:58

Zack wrote:Maybe you dont know but Tigray rules Ethiopia what happens in that part of ethiopia concerns all of ethiopia , i dont care much about who looks down or looks up to some one , thats not my interests here i am here to communicate with the ethiopians about ethiopian politics, yeah surely we are not part of ethiopia by choice but hey one has to to do all he can to make a difference.By the way i dont really much care about Somalis in all over the horn i am not a Somali nationalist ,what happens in that god forsaken Somalia is not my interest let Somalis solve that. I am a Djiboutian an issa our trade our interests is mainly connected to Ethiopia. But we wish the Somalis the best , but there is no place for them now i have no time for them

You don't have time for them, But you still have a lot of time on your Agamestanian monkey hands for Eritrea and Tigray, Isn't it ironic? you are not Somali, you are not from Somali region and never stepped foot in it, you only lived in Djibouti as a Tigrean-Eritrean refugee, so quite confusing the poor Somali nomad.

Anybody can write a broken Somali or any other language.

Postby Zack » 07 Aug 2013, 20:00

Abyssinia lady u got me there i am actually pretending to be a Somali in reality i am a Tigrayan :lol: :lol:

Postby AbyssiniaLady » 07 Aug 2013, 20:10

Of course you are pretending and you are not the only one.

Previous Page Next Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion