Ethiopian News and Opinion Forum

Dr. Desebele promonent Eritrean granted asylum in Australia

Postby YEBANDAMERZE » 21 Nov 2012, 00:49

Dr Desbele, Eye Surgeon and Medical Director of Birhan Eye Hospital granted political asylum in Australia.

November 20, 2012

Dr Desbele Ghebreghergis Eye Surgeon and Medical Director of Birhan Eye Hospital deserted the PFDJ regime and has been granted political asylum in Australia. Dr Desbele is a veteran of the EPLF, in the mid 1980 the late Dr Fred Hollows organised for Dr Ghebreghergis to come to Australia to spend a year with him at the Prince of Wales Hospital in Sydney. At the same time, Dr Sanduk Ruit from Nepal was there. The Fred Hollows Foundation put immense pressure on the regime in Asmara to issue exit visa for Dr Desbele to leave the country for medical treatment.

Re: Dr. Desebele promonent Eritrean granted asylum in Australia

Postby eden » 01 Dec 2012, 21:18

I don't mean to judge the doctor and I really don't know the particulars of his case but it makes sense to serve the people backhome regardless of the disagreement he has with the rulers.

it's one thing to lose soccer players but an eye surgeon?! that's just too much price for our people to pay!

by the way, there are 10 professionals fleeing Ethiopia for every Eritrean fleeing. Unity University owner and founder dr. feseha is just one latest example. i don't know why banda is selectively bringing Eritrean examples.

Postby Nummers » 01 Dec 2012, 21:46

FAKE. You didn't post the source because it is assenna.com. The same website that said Ali left and the same website that said the Eritrean president died. LOL

Postby Obamajr. » 01 Dec 2012, 22:14

eden wrote:I don't mean to judge the doctor and I really don't know the particulars of his case but it makes sense to serve the people backhome regardless of the disagreement he has with the rulers.

it's one thing to lose soccer players but an eye surgeon?! that's just too much price for our people to pay!

by the way, there are 10 professionals fleeing Ethiopia for every Eritrean fleeing. Unity University owner and founder dr. feseha is just one latest example. i don't know why banda is selectively bringing Eritrean examples.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ቆሻሻ ወያኔ መንኪ

Postby YEBANDAMERZE » 02 Dec 2012, 01:09

eden wrote:I don't mean to judge the doctor and I really don't know the particulars of his case but it makes sense to serve the people backhome regardless of the disagreement he has with the rulers.

No dispute here. Yes, there are many Ethiopian medical doctors leaving Ethiopia.....some for political reason but most to earn more money elsewhere. This lady's case is unique because she was a prominent supported of the ruling party.....if the story is true.

Postby eden » 02 Dec 2012, 17:15

not unique at all - as you can tell from the picture below. this man moved into AAU to replace 42 lecturers summarily removed by weyane. that is how much a supporter he was. he is not the only one. lots of regime supporters have fled from ethiopia too. your problem is you love to stick it to shaebia so much you are willing to overlook similar weyane blunders.

Postby YEBANDAMERZE » 02 Dec 2012, 20:15

eden wrote:not unique at all - as you can tell from the picture below. this man moved into AAU to replace 42 lecturers summarily removed by weyane. that is how much a supporter he was. he is not the only one. lots of regime supporters have fled from ethiopia too. your problem is you love to stick it to shaebia so much you are willing to overlook similar weyane blunders.

You are wrong again. We Ethiopians acknowledge that we have a bad government that needs to go. On the other side, almost all the worthless shabia pigs on this forum try to convince us that things are rosey in the [deleted] nation.

Postby Zmeselo » 03 Dec 2012, 07:36

Why should we need to convince you about anything, qondaf poisoner- in- chief? If you weren´t in my border area with your fenjregatch, you and your likes would be the last thing on my mind. Stop talking trash about my country, whom U terribly desire to be a resident of, and I´ll let the truth speak for itself.

Postby eden » 03 Dec 2012, 15:36

Zmeselo wrote:my country, whom U terribly desire to be a resident of

you foolish man. the entire soccer team flees every other year and yet you somehow you manage to convince yourself yebandamerz desires to reside in eritrea? what a fool you are! denkoro!

p.s. yebanda, there are many anti hgdef eritreans too. you don't see them here like you see the pro hgdef eritreans because the pro hgdef eritreans come here to escape reality and talk about other countries problems. there are many anti hgdef eritreans who are in eritrean forums and don't have time for ethiopian forum.

Postby Aba-Dula » 03 Dec 2012, 20:20

If it is true, then its a matter of economics. People leave Eritrea for economic reason, but they leave Ethiopia to escape from TPLF jaws. Most of them come to ESAT to stand against US Taxpayer fund sucking organization, TPLF. There will be no more of US taxpayers funds, those who wanted to fund TPLF, they will have to do it from their pocket, not from public purse.

Next Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion