Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum


Eritreans would welcome Ethiopian Army to liberate them from Shabia

Postby YEBANDAMERZE » 04 Mar 2012, 15:54


Somali residents welcome Ethiopian troops after rebel rout

Sun Mar 4, 2012 1:56pm EST

Reuters

BAIDOA, Somalia, March 4 (Reuters) - After three years of killings and violence under the rule of al Shabaab rebels, residents of the Somali city of Baidoa said they were happy to see the arrival of Ethiopian soldiers, whose presence they once resented.

Under al Shabaab's control, Baidoa's leaders say the city's people became poorer, conditions worsened and many were forced to flee. The return of Ethiopian troops, once seen as Christian invaders in a Muslim country, was a welcome relief.

Ethiopian and Somali troops seized the city from al Shabaab insurgents last month, in a major blow to the militants battling Somalia's weak interim government.

Somalia has been in turmoil since warlords toppled dictator Mohamed Siad Barre in 1991. Fighting has killed more than 21,000 people since al Shabaab launched its insurgency in 2007.

"Al Shabaab colonised us for three years and 12 days. Many of us were killed, many of us were displaced and many have migrated. So we are the survivors," Mohammed Ma'alim Barhi, a clan leader, told reporters in the city 250 km northwest of Mogadishu.

"They (Ethiopian troops) have entered here three times before. Now we like them, we support them and we are with them."

Al Shabaab, which announced in February that it was merging with al Qaeda, imposed a harsh interpretation of Islamic sharia law. In areas under its control, music, movies and soccer were banned and people were beheaded or had limbs amputated as punishments.

"Before, there was a strong propaganda against the Ethiopians but these three years there are many things the people saw. There was over-taxation, they are killing people," Abdifatah Mohamed Gesey, governor for Bay region, said of the insurgents.

"After we arrived here we held discussions with the elders, business people and the women's associations. They have asked us to liberate nearby towns just as we liberated Baidoa."

Gesey, who fled after al Shabaab took over the region, said people were now returning to the city to reopen businesses.




Re: Eritreans would welcome Ethiopian Army to liberate them from Shabia

Postby Dagna » 04 Mar 2012, 17:54


YEBANDAMERZE wrote:Somali residents welcome Ethiopian troops after rebel rout

Sun Mar 4, 2012 1:56pm EST

Reuters

BAIDOA, Somalia, March 4 (Reuters) - After three years of killings and violence under the rule of al Shabaab rebels, residents of the Somali city of Baidoa said they were happy to see the arrival of Ethiopian soldiers, whose presence they once resented...

Just like the Iraqis welcomed Mr. Cheney's and Mr. Rumsfeld's troops under the blessing of Mr. Bush's instruction. We have seen more B.S. than we can stomach in our time, and never did we think the B.S. was going to last thus far. Yet, its lasting alright and planning to go beyond. The next few weeks to a month will determine how stupid people are prepared to be.



Re: Eritreans would welcome Ethiopian Army to liberate them from Shabia

Postby YEBANDAMERZE » 04 Mar 2012, 18:10


Dagna wrote:
YEBANDAMERZE wrote:Somali residents welcome Ethiopian troops after rebel rout

Sun Mar 4, 2012 1:56pm EST

Reuters

BAIDOA, Somalia, March 4 (Reuters) - After three years of killings and violence under the rule of al Shabaab rebels, residents of the Somali city of Baidoa said they were happy to see the arrival of Ethiopian soldiers, whose presence they once resented...

Just like the Iraqis welcomed Mr. Cheney's and Mr. Rumsfeld's troops under the blessing of Mr. Bush's instruction. We have seen more B.S. than we can stomach in our time, and never did we think the B.S. was going to last thus far. Yet, its lasting alright and planning to go beyond. The next few weeks to a month will determine how stupid people are prepared to be.

Please don't compare your Po op nation to an oil rich Iraq.You people are delusional.



Re: Eritreans would welcome Ethiopian Army to liberate them from Shabia

Postby Dagna » 04 Mar 2012, 18:36


YEBANDAMERZE wrote:
Dagna wrote:
YEBANDAMERZE wrote:Somali residents welcome Ethiopian troops after rebel rout

Sun Mar 4, 2012 1:56pm EST

Reuters

BAIDOA, Somalia, March 4 (Reuters) - After three years of killings and violence under the rule of al Shabaab rebels, residents of the Somali city of Baidoa said they were happy to see the arrival of Ethiopian soldiers, whose presence they once resented...

Just like the Iraqis welcomed Mr. Cheney's and Mr. Rumsfeld's troops under the blessing of Mr. Bush's instruction. We have seen more B.S. than we can stomach in our time, and never did we think the B.S. was going to last thus far. Yet, its lasting alright and planning to go beyond. The next few weeks to a month will determine how stupid people are prepared to be.

Please don't compare your Po op nation to an oil rich Iraq.You people are delusional.

I am not a Somali.



Re: Eritreans would welcome Ethiopian Army to liberate them from Shabia

Postby Hamassien » 04 Mar 2012, 18:43


YEBANDAMERZE wrote:
Dagna wrote:
YEBANDAMERZE wrote:Somali residents welcome Ethiopian troops after rebel rout

Sun Mar 4, 2012 1:56pm EST

Reuters

BAIDOA, Somalia, March 4 (Reuters) - After three years of killings and violence under the rule of al Shabaab rebels, residents of the Somali city of Baidoa said they were happy to see the arrival of Ethiopian soldiers, whose presence they once resented...

Just like the Iraqis welcomed Mr. Cheney's and Mr. Rumsfeld's troops under the blessing of Mr. Bush's instruction. We have seen more B.S. than we can stomach in our time, and never did we think the B.S. was going to last thus far. Yet, its lasting alright and planning to go beyond. The next few weeks to a month will determine how stupid people are prepared to be.



Please come and free us and spill your blood, donkoro!
Please don't compare your Po op nation to an oil rich Iraq.You people are delusional.



Re: Eritreans would welcome Ethiopian Army to liberate them from Shabia

Postby Fed_Up » 04 Mar 2012, 18:59


Hehehe...the army led by po0per generals dreaming to invade the men's nation is so laughable .especially when such talk came from luxury [deleted] from [deleted] tribe. Kikikikikimi



Re: Eritreans would welcome Ethiopian Army to liberate them from Shabia

Postby Hamassien » 04 Mar 2012, 19:23


Fed_Up wrote:Hehehe...the army led by po0per generals dreaming to invade the men's nation is so laughable .especially when such talk came from luxury [deleted] from [deleted] tribe. Kikikikikimi



You are not a man, you are a hungry dormant filthy Beggar. You s u c k [deleted] for food, rodent!



Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], elias, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Hawzen, Horus, MatiT, MSNbot Media, my2cents, Sebhat Amare, Yahoo [Bot]