Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Israel appoints Ethiopian lady as ambassador

Postby Beli » 29 Feb 2012, 02:29

For the first time in the history of Israel, the Foreign Ministry appointed a citizen of Ethiopian origin as ambassador.

Belaynesh Zevadia, who was the first Ethiopian cadet in the Foreign Ministry, will serve as the Israeli diplomat to Adis Ababa, the capital of the country where she was born and lived in before moving to Israel.
The government’s nominations committee, lead by Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon announced the appointment on Monday evening, and in the coming weeks the appointment will come to the government for approval.

Zevadia, who is 43-years-old, arrived in Israel at age 17. Since joining the Foreign Ministry, she has served in Israeli consulates in Chicago and Houston.

Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said Monday that he welcomed the appointment. “The appointment is a message to the Israeli public, one that is currently fighting racism against Ethiopians,” said Lieberman.

“This transmits a message of fighting discrimination. In Israel, people are chosen based on their ability to serve the public, rather than their skin color or sex. I am convinced that she will represent Israel with respect,” he added.

MK Shlomo Molla (Kadima) praised Zevadia’s appointment, saying that it is a “source of pride for both Israeli society and for the Ethiopian community,” and that her appointment should “serve as a model for all those who seek to progress and succeed.”

Source: http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/fo ... r-1.415405

Re: Israel appoints Ethiopian lady as ambassador

Postby Beles » 29 Feb 2012, 06:31

This is not good for Meles and compony. How ever loyal and her duty is to Israel it would be impossible for her to be indeferent and watch while Meles is raping Gonderes. After all she is a Gondere.

Postby Obamajr. » 29 Feb 2012, 07:43

Beles wrote:This is not good for Meles and compony. How ever loyal and her duty is to Israel it would be impossible for her to be indeferent and watch while Meles is raping Gonderes. After all she is a Gondere.

Beles- her country is first.She is not going to do any thing different than what her Prime minister told her to do. I might be wrong but that is what I smell from far away.

Postby Beles » 29 Feb 2012, 08:13

Obamajr. wrote:
Beles wrote:This is not good for Meles and compony. How ever loyal and her duty is to Israel it would be impossible for her to be indeferent and watch while Meles is raping Gonderes. After all she is a Gondere.

Beles- her country is first.She is not going to do any thing different than what her Prime minister told her to do. I might be wrong but that is what I smell from far away.

Her job is advising her government. And personal affiliations play a major role in deplomatic circles. I have known scandanevians who grow up in gonder. Belive me when I say they are Gonderes, in every sence of the word. It is wierd. Her being gndere is going to be a major problem for Meles. Once a gondere always a gondere.

Gonder has been a front line in the battel against TPLF all this long years. There is no region in Ethiopia that has been ransacked and left for dead by TPLF as much as Gonder. What is happning in Wolqit Tegede will not be some thing she can ignore. It may seat hidden well under the typical Gondere extirior and deplomatic nicity. But when the time comes she will not be friend of TPLF.

Postby Minelik » 29 Feb 2012, 12:00

As Ethiopian and half Jewish, I applaud this news. By 2040 35% of the Jewish parliament is occupied by Ethiopian origins. My prediction.

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion