Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
eden
Member+

my intellectual challenge to Almaze

Post by eden » 01 May 2024, 20:50

I like those who can engage at an intellectual level and I like those who engage at the level of common sense. I admire those that are present at both levels. Almaze is one such example. So today I decided to bring a question, as a challenge, that I constantly bring up within me albeit without being able to answer.

I understand why many of our people back home are docile and do not resist the rulers. Generations of youth passed through Military service where indoctrination is the name of the game. They are exposed to one and only one hgdef ideology without alternative ideas. It’s understandable. My question is why do so many of our diaspora who are not prevented from accessing alternative ideas remain docile?

Take Fed_up aka Hadgu/ Letay. S/he has been out of sawa/ back home for two decades now and is able to access diverse ideas, not just the propaganda from regime outlets.

So is it our weakness that we are not able to liberate such minds? If you and I have better ideas than hgdef, why is Fed_ up stuck with hgdef’s dark, backward and hate ridden ideology - an ideology that defines progress not in terms of what’s positive about our people but in terms of what’s supposedly negative about others. Can we continue to blame hgdef for producing victims like Fed_up? Or are we to blame for failing to lift up Fed_up et al?

almaze
Member+

Re: my intellectual challenge to Almaze

Post by almaze » 01 May 2024, 21:47

Eden, Sawa has had a profound and long-lasting impact on the lives of Eritrean young men, depriving them of their youth and sense of identity. This experience can dramatically lower their critical thinking abilities. Meanwhile, the Eritrean government is also urging youngsters to recognize that their primary responsibility in life is not to blame others but rather to concentrate on the objectives that the Eritrean government is working towards. This is the story of how Fendadaw and Sesame came to be. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fiyameta

Re: my intellectual challenge to Almaze

Post by Fiyameta » 01 May 2024, 21:51