Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Jaegol

Is it a bad idea to book Ethiopian airlines to fly to Asmara? Advise

Post by Jaegol » 24 Apr 2024, 13:17

Getting ready to book a flight Washington DC to Asmara and Ethiopian is the cheapest & one stop but riskiest
Flying mid July and flight back to DC beginning of August
My Ethiopian friend just came from Addis and he is saying don’t do it … his argument is that the war is unpredictable? What do you say?

tarik
Senior Member+

Re: Is it a bad idea to book Ethiopian airlines to fly to Asmara? Advise

Post by tarik » 24 Apr 2024, 13:48

Jaegol wrote:
24 Apr 2024, 13:17
Getting ready to book a flight Washington DC to Asmara and Ethiopian is the cheapest & one stop but riskiest
Flying mid July and flight back to DC beginning of August
My Ethiopian friend just came from Addis and he is saying don’t do it … his argument is that the war is unpredictable? What do you say?
Don't do it bro, never fly evil failed state galla airlines, because you will not make it alive in our beautiful ERITREA. First of all they will abuse you, then they will steal your bags and then they might even steal your passport and money as well and of course they will for sure steal your phone, that's if they don't steal your arms with it. :lol: . i would rather pay extra money and fly turkey or saudi airlines or other airlines and fly to our Eritrea. Heck even ethiopians stopped flying that trash airlines. Dude if they know you are Eritrean they will hunt you bad, because most ppl that work in galla ethiopian airlines are agames and gallas and they both hate and are jealous of us Eritreans. My sister flew from uk to jeddah saudi arabia directly and from there they booked a saudi airline and landed in our Eritrea safely with her belongings. So i advise you bro to never fly that trash airlines. I don't care how cheap it is.

Mesob

Post by Mesob » 24 Apr 2024, 14:04

The war is likely to start on the pretext that Ethiopia's territory is occupied in western Tigray and north Tigray, however it will end in Assab port.
Will Abiy Ahmed have a port by the end of the year? Will the West support the 125 million people landlocked Ethiopia? The world is preoccupied by many issues and would not even care about the millions of starving in Somalia, and the dying in Sudan. Why would the world care about a small port where ten thousand people live?

Jaegol

Post by Jaegol » 24 Apr 2024, 22:05

Ethiopian about 20 hrs flight time 👍
Emirate 40+ hours
Egypt 40 + hours
Saudi is not linked with flynas for some reason, so have to book separate… probably a hotel needed in Jeddah

Ethiopian is winning but the risk of civil war is concerning…

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 25 Apr 2024, 10:03

ኤርትራዊ ሆኖ 20 ሰኣታት ዩሌቦች ምሽግ ቡሆነው በኢትዮጵያውያን ኤርወይስ ከመብረር 80 ሰኣታት ፈጂቶም ቢሆን በቀናዎች አገሮች አየር መንገድ መብረር በጣም ያዋጣል:: ኤርትራውያን ዶላራችሁን ለኢትዮጲያ አትስጡ ::

ethiopian
Member+

Post by ethiopian » 25 Apr 2024, 12:21

How about using Eritrean Airlines : direct flight from New York City JFK to Asmara, it usually takes 12 to 13 hrs.

Right

Post by Right » 25 Apr 2024, 12:53

How about using Eritrean Airlines
LOL. The Eritrean Airlines has a daily flight from Asmara to Moscow, with 3 people on board.

Look, Eris can boycott any airlines they want - nobody cares. They are insignificant.
My guess is the Ethiopian Airlines will soon cancel flights to Asmara.
The Eris thought they have a leverage as if they are a big market. Noop.
This is a serious sign for Ethiopia to stay away from Eritrea. Soon they will hold a plane for ransom.

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 25 Apr 2024, 13:00

Right wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 12:53
How about using Eritrean Airlines
LOL. The Eritrean Airlines has a daily flight from Asmara to Moscow, with 3 people on board.

Look, Eris can boycott any airlines they want - nobody cares. They are insignificant.
My guess is the Ethiopian Airlines will soon cancel flights to Asmara.
The Eris thought they have a leverage as if they are a big market. Noop.
This is a serious sign for Ethiopia to stay away from Eritrea. Soon they will hold a plane for ransom.
የችግራይ ልጂ ሌባ አጋሜ

የቀን ጂብ ለውይይት አይበቃም:: አንድ ወፍጮ ቤት ብቻ ያላትን ለኢትዮጲያ ኢኮኖሚ ምንም አስተዋጽኦ የሌላት ሸክም ክልልህን ይዘህ ከነ ክልል ሲዳማ ጋር እኩል ለመሆን ሞክር መጀመሪያ::

wubebereha

Post by wubebereha » 25 Apr 2024, 15:14

you people are hilarious :lol: :lol: BTW what did you gain by seceding from Ethiopia, except making Ethiopia landlocked. I mean it has been 32 years but you haven't changed a bit, you're still trashing EAL and A/A :| :| and still without your own airlines to fly.