Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Somaliman
Member+

Coming Back To Life After Death

Post by Somaliman » 19 Apr 2024, 17:39

وَلَتَجِدَنَّهُمۡ أَحۡرَصَ ٱلنَّاسِ عَلَىٰ حَیَوٰةࣲ وَمِنَ ٱلَّذِینَ أَشۡرَكُوا۟ۚ یَوَدُّ أَحَدُهُمۡ لَوۡ یُعَمَّرُ أَلۡفَ سَنَةࣲ وَمَا هُوَ بِمُزَحۡزِحِهِۦ مِنَ ٱلۡعَذَابِ أَن یُعَمَّرَۗ وَٱللَّهُ بَصِیرُۢ بِمَا یَعۡمَلُونَ

You will surely find them clinging to life more eagerly than any other people, even more than polytheists. Each one of them wishes to live a thousand years. But even if they were to live that long, it would not save them from the punishment. And Allah is All-Seeing of what they do.

eritrea

Re: Coming Back To Life After Death

Post by eritrea » 20 Apr 2024, 08:38

Somaliman wrote:
19 Apr 2024, 17:39
وَلَتَجِدَنَّهُمۡ أَحۡرَصَ ٱلنَّاسِ عَلَىٰ حَیَوٰةࣲ وَمِنَ ٱلَّذِینَ أَشۡرَكُوا۟ۚ یَوَدُّ أَحَدُهُمۡ لَوۡ یُعَمَّرُ أَلۡفَ سَنَةࣲ وَمَا هُوَ بِمُزَحۡزِحِهِۦ مِنَ ٱلۡعَذَابِ أَن یُعَمَّرَۗ وَٱللَّهُ بَصِیرُۢ بِمَا یَعۡمَلُونَ

You will surely find them clinging to life more eagerly than any other people, even more than polytheists. Each one of them wishes to live a thousand years. But even if they were to live that long, it would not save them from the punishment. And Allah is All-Seeing of what they do.
This is nothing new, pyramids in Egypt are a good example of these. What is new is perhaps, the way and why it may be possible to be brought back to life.

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 20 Apr 2024, 15:27

eritrea wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 08:38
Somaliman wrote:
19 Apr 2024, 17:39

This is nothing new, pyramids in Egypt are a good example of these. What is new is perhaps, the way and why it may be possible to be brought back to life.

You're right, Ancient Egyptians also used to believe this practice, To me, what's new perhaps is that people in the 21st century are still believing this bullsh.it.

By the way, what do you think about euthanasia, or assisted suicide/assisted dying as it's called these days. What is the position of the Bible? Aren't Christians divided on this? We're not talking about those call themselves Christian when they feel like and are Christians in name. We're rather talking about those who are practising Christianity
Last edited by Somaliman on 22 Apr 2024, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

eritrea

Post by eritrea » 21 Apr 2024, 18:31

Somaliman wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 15:27
You're right, Ancient Egyptians also used to believe this practice, To me, what's new perhaps is that people in the 21st century are still believing this bullsh.it.

By the way, what do you think about euthanasia, or assisted suicide/assisted dying as it's called these days. What is the position of the Bible? Aren't Christians divided on this? We're not talking about those call them Christian when they feel like and are Christians in name. We're rather talking about those who are practising Christianity

Assisted suicide or suicide in any form is not accepted in Christianity.

In the Eritrean Orthodox Tewahdo Church, the body is not even allowed to enter the church and no priest is allowed to hold a cross after the coffin. That is how seriouse it is.

"Suicide is regarded generally within the Eastern Orthodoxy tradition as a rejection of God's gift of physical life, a failure of stewardship, an act of despair, and a transgression of the sixth commandment, "You shall not kill" (Exodus 20:13)."

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 22 Apr 2024, 17:30

What are the positions of the the various Christian sects with regard to afterlife, resurrection, day of judgement, and hell and paradise.

Jesus never preached Christianism. Do you agree with this, though it's a fact?

eritrea

Post by eritrea » 22 Apr 2024, 18:21

Somaliman wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 17:30
I am not sure what you mean by Jesus never preched Christianism but Christian means the anointed one, and it refers to Jesus who has the key to hell or heaven. It is he who will judge the living and the dead at the end of times.
Somaliman wrote:
What are the positions of the the various Christian sects with regard to afterlife, resurrection, day of judgement, and hell and paradise.
According to bible;
Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
The flesh, the bone and everything physical will disappear with the death of flesh but not the soul which was giving to human by God by the breath of life. That is eternal. Depending on our way of life here on earth before the day of Judgment, either in hell or in heaven with God.

There are innumerable congregations for different denominations in different forms and in different countries that have more recently leaned towards politics than religion. And that is why there is continuous distancing from what the Bible says and what is done in practice. Otherwise, the basic principle is the same for everyone.

I also have a question for you if you don't mind,
Why did Mohammad in the Koran say that allah prays for Mohammad? Who does allah pray to when he prays?

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 22 Apr 2024, 19:04

eritrea wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 18:21
Somaliman wrote:
I am not sure what you mean by Jesus never preched Christianism but Christian means the anointed one, and it refers to Jesus who has the key to hell or heaven. It is he who will judge the living and the dead at the end of times.
Somaliman wrote:
According to bible;
Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
The flesh, the bone and everything physical will disappear with the death of flesh but not the soul which was giving to human by God by the breath of life. That is eternal. Depending on our way of life here on earth before the day of Judgment, either in hell or in heaven with God.

There are innumerable congregations for different denominations in different forms and in different countries that have more recently leaned towards politics than religion. And that is why there is continuous distancing from what the Bible says and what is done in practice. Otherwise, the basic principle is the same for everyone.

I also have a question for you if you don't mind,
Why did Mohammad in the Koran say that allah prays for Mohammad? Who does allah pray to when he prays?

Christianism, which propheses a holy trinity, only appeared long after Jesus was no longer on earth. Therefore, Jesus, or prophet Issa, never preached Christianism.

Prophet Mohamed never said anything in the Koran. There's no a single word of the prophet in the Koran. The Koran contains only words of Allah and nothing else. Therefore, Prophet Mohamed never said that Allah prayed to him.

Who does allah pray to when he prays?
Allah never said that he prayed, leave alone praying to someone else. Allah doesn't pray to anyone, as he's the ultimate proprietor of the whole universe and much beyond, which cannot be encompassed by the human brain.
Last edited by Somaliman on 22 Apr 2024, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.

eritrea

Post by eritrea » 22 Apr 2024, 20:40

Somaliman wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 19:04

Prophet Mohamed never said anything in the Koran. There's no a single word of the prophet in the Koran. The Koran contains only words of Allah and nothing else. Therefore, Prophet Mohamed never said that Allah prayed to him.

Who does allah pray to when he prays?
Allah never said that he prayed, leave alone praying to someone else. Allah doesn't pray to anyone, as he's the ultimate proprietor of the whole universe and much beyond, which cannot be encompassed by the human brain.

Firstly, that verse is in Surah 33:56 and secondly they have deliberately interpreted it wrongly to suit those who do not know Arabic.
Surah 33:56 wrote: إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ وَمَلَـٰٓئِكَتَهُۥ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى ٱلنَّبِىِّ ۚ يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ صَلُّوا۟ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا۟ تَسْلِيمًا ٥٦
إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ وَمَلَـٰٓئِكَتَهُۥ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى ٱلنَّبِىِّ
is interpreted as
Indeed, God and His angels send blessings upon the Prophet
Indeed, Allah and his angels are praying upon the prophet is the actuall right interpretation.
يُصَلُّونَ
is not blessing يُصَلُّونَ is praying.
Somaliman wrote:
22 Apr 2024, 19:04
Christianism, which propheses a holy trinity, only appeared long after Jesus was longer on earth. Therefore, Jesus, or prophet Issa, never preached Christianism

In Islam there is no belief in the spirit. But we believe in the Trinity. Almost everything in nature follows the trinity if you observe it carefully. for example water exists in solid, liquid and gas form.
God also functions in three different forms as the father, the son and the holy spirit.

I can bring up an example that someone else took to make it easier for those who may have difficulty understanding the connection. If we take the sun as an example, the sun gives us light that we see and gives us brightness but the sun also sends energy that we cannot see and sometimes also cannot feel but it does many miracles for our well-being. to be on earth. The sun is the source (the father), the light is the son, and the energy is the holy spirit, which is the active part of the power.

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 23 Apr 2024, 19:04

As Muslims, each time the name of Prophet Mohamed is mentioned, we're supposed to say: صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam, which means, “May Allah honor him and grant him peace”.

You don't see any Muslim praying each time that the name of Prophet Mohamed is mentioned. Do you?

In addition, Jesus never said that he was a son of God. The trinity and Christianity are invented long after Jesus was no longer on earth. In Uganda, for example, Christians do not believe that Jesus was God but a prophet. And let's not forget that there are many versions of the Bible which do not agree with one another.

In Genesis 62, in the Bible, New King James version, it says, "The sons of God saw the daughters of men".

In the Old Testament, in Exodus 422, it says, "Then you shall say to Pharaoh thus says the Lord, Israel is my son, my firstborn."

In 2nd Samuel 713, when God is speaking to David, God says about his son, Solomon, "He shall build a house for my name and I'll establish the throne of his kingdom forever, I'll be his father and he shall be my son."

In the Psalms of David 27, pre Jesus time, "I'll declare the decree the Lord has said to me, you're my son today, I've begotten you."

In the New Testament, under Luke, under the genealogy of Jesus, it goes back to the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, who was the son of Adam, who was the son of God.

Are Adam, Israel, Solomon, Abraham, David, and Jesus all sons of God? What about me, can I claim to be a son of God too? How many sons does God have?

eritrea

Post by eritrea » 24 Apr 2024, 11:31

Somaliman wrote:
23 Apr 2024, 19:04
As Muslims, each time the name of Prophet Mohamed is mentioned, we're supposed to say: صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam, which means, “May Allah honor him and grant him peace”.

You don't see any Muslim praying each time that the name of Prophet Mohamed is mentioned. Do you?

In addition, Jesus never said that he was a son of God. The trinity and Christianity are invented long after Jesus was no longer on earth. In Uganda, for example, Christians do not believe that Jesus was God but a prophet. And let's not forget that there are many versions of the Bible which do not agree with one another.

In Genesis 62, in the Bible, New King James version, it says, "The sons of God saw the daughters of men".

In the Old Testament, in Exodus 422, it says, "Then you shall say to Pharaoh thus says the Lord, Israel is my son, my firstborn."

In 2nd Samuel 713, when God is speaking to David, God says about his son, Solomon, "He shall build a house for my name and I'll establish the throne of his kingdom forever, I'll be his father and he shall be my son."

In the Psalms of David 27, pre Jesus time, "I'll declare the decree the Lord has said to me, you're my son today, I've begotten you."

In the New Testament, under Luke, under the genealogy of Jesus, it goes back to the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, who was the son of Adam, who was the son of God.

Are Adam, Israel, Solomon, Abraham, David, and Jesus all sons of God? What about me, can I claim to be a son of God too? How many sons does God have?

The problem is that what you think you are saying is completely different from what you are actually saying. You should be wondering why you have to say that every time you mention his name.
صلى الله عليه وسلم
to pray is= صلى
Allah is = الله
On him is written = عليه

I do not know where you got that from, what you called, may Allah honor him from.

you are extremely too intelligent to fall for such nonsense.
Somaliman wrote:
In Genesis 62, in the Bible, New King James Version, it says: "The sons of God saw the daughters of men".
It describes what happened before the time of Noah. And why God condemned the inhabitants of the earth to perish because of floods. You can get more detailed information in the book of Enoch if you are interested in knowing what it is about.

Concerning the Son of God. We are all God's creation. And God is the father of us all. that's how we see it in Christianity anyway. But to get close to God you must be sinless. That is where all the kings you mentioned, King David, King Solomon and many others failed. The only one who managed to pass all the way was Jesus Christ. Because of being sinless, his sacrifice made it possible for us by repenting our sins and in the service of Christian worship celebrate communion.

So it is not without reason that we pray the Lord's Prayer as follows.
Our Father who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.

Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our transgressions,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
When you pray to God, how do you pray and what is praying for a Muslim?

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 24 Apr 2024, 15:09

Somaliman wrote:

Greetings bro somaliman,

If I were you, I won't waste my precious time chatting with such types of Mesobs.

Those fanatics have utter contempt for over 2 billion adherents of Islam.

They lack the balls to confront muslim religious scholars who are not in this forum. I doubt if there is any muslim religious scholar in this forum. We here at mereja are a bunch of duriyes. We Christians or Muslims inherited our faiths from our forefathers and our knowledge is limited save the few SOB fanatics who want to divide us along faith.

Hats off to you somaliman for trying to explain to them about the A B C of Islam but sadly it seems to be in vain. Just ignore them.

Those SOBs have a mountain of political and ethnic problems back in their homes but they are trigger happy when Islam is mentioned to tarnish it.

Finally,

Mesob & Co. Respect the faith of others because of its sensitivity.

P. S. The more you bash my religion, the more I love it.

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 24 Apr 2024, 15:55

Eritrea,

The word "salat/salah" comes from Syriac Aramaic, and it existed both in Aramaic and Arabic long before Islam was revealed and prayers were prescribed for Muslims. As you know, in any language, a word can have more than one meaning; thus, salah is not an exception for having more than one meaning, including, honouring, blessing, send blessings upon, pleading to, etc.. In Arabic, you can find the word "salah" also in non religious sentences and contexts.

As you know, the plural form of the word "salat/salah" is "salawat".

We also say, "salawatulahi aleyhi" upon hearing Prophet Mohamad's name. Yet no Muslim starts to pray upon saying or hearing this. Imagine if we had to perform physical prayers each time we heard Prophet Mohamad's name, as we say it in our conversations on the phone, on public transportations, while we're driving, while we're eating, etc.! We would literally have no time left for doing anything else.

When we say, اللهم صل على محمد وآل محمد Sallallahu Alaihi Wa'ali Mohamad we're asking God or pleading to him to bless our prophet (PBUH) and his family.
When you pray to God, how do you pray and what is praying for a Muslim?
From Islamic perspective, God prescribed a form of praying for all prophets and their respective, followers and non followers alike, even if you call someone of the prophets kings. Not necessarily the way we Muslims of today pray. I say of today because all the prophets and their followers were also Muslim.

For Muslims, praying is an act of worship, which is in turn an act of remembrance of God, and the best medium of remembrance of God is through praying. It's also for us to confirm that we're his servants and are submitting to him.

By praying, not only are we following his divine prescription as to pray five times a day, but also we're connecting with him, and in praying wholeheartedly, we believe obtaining great benefits both in life and hereafter.

As for how to perform Islamic physical prayers, I believe they're abundantly available on YouTube, amongst others.
Last edited by Somaliman on 24 Apr 2024, 19:37, edited 2 times in total.

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 24 Apr 2024, 16:16

kerenite wrote:
24 Apr 2024, 15:09
Somaliman wrote:

Greetings bro somaliman,

If I were you, I won't waste my precious time chatting with such types of Mesobs.

Those fanatics have utter contempt for over 2 billion adherents of Islam.

They lack the balls to confront muslim religious scholars who are not in this forum. I doubt if there is any muslim religious scholar in this forum. We here at mereja are a bunch of duriyes. We Christians or Muslims inherited our faiths from our forefathers and our knowledge is limited save the few SOB fanatics who want to divide us along faith.

Hats off to you somaliman for trying to explain to them about the A B C of Islam but sadly it seems to be in vain. Just ignore them.

Those SOBs have a mountain of political and ethnic problems back in their homes but they are trigger happy when Islam is mentioned to tarnish it.

Finally,

Mesob & Co. Respect the faith of others because of its sensitivity.

P. S. The more you bash my religion, the more I love it.

Kerenite,

Greetings, bro.

I wouldn't certainly waste a second of my time with Mesob, but I believe Eritrea is different.

We've to understand one thing, though. Umar ibn Al Khattab, who remains to date one of the greatest in the Islamic history, was actually one of the most staunch opposers and persecutors of Islam and Muslims before he embraced Islam. And many others who used to mock and fight Islam, later became among the most influential in Islam both during the era of Prophet Mohamad (PBUH)and later in the history.
Last edited by Somaliman on 24 Apr 2024, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 24 Apr 2024, 17:01

Eritrea,

We also say, ٱللّٰهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ (allāhumma ṣalli ʿalā muḥammad wa-ʾāli muḥammad)

From your understanding of the word "salah/salat", the above should mean that we're asking God to pray to Prophet Mohamed (PPBU) and his family.

Are we in a position to ask God to pray to his prophet and his family? No.

it simply means:

O God, bless Muhammad and the progeny of Muhammad.

This can be also extended to the prophet's companions.

For Muslims, only Allah is worthy worshiping. Worshiping anything else in conjunction with or without Allah is the greatest sin.

Imagine if I had to perform physical prayers each time I've mentioned Prophet Mohamed while replying to you, it would have taken me a day or two to submit my comments.

Somaliman
Member+

Post by Somaliman » 24 Apr 2024, 20:54

Concerning the Son of God. We are all God's creation. And God is the father of us all. that's how we see it in Christianity anyway. But to get close to God you must be sinless. That is where all the kings you mentioned, King David, King Solomon and many others failed. The only one who managed to pass all the way was Jesus Christ. Because of being sinless, his sacrifice made it possible for us by repenting our sins and in the service of Christian worship celebrate communion.

As I said it earlier, in the past, I used to go to the church and am knowledgeable with regards to the teachings of the Christianity.

There's nowhere in the Bible where it says that David, Solomon, Israel, Noah, etc., were only kings due to them failing a sinless test and that only Jesus passed it to qualify to be the son of God.

All the extracts I posted earlier come from the Bible and not my own perceptions. None of them say that the aforementioned had failed tests, and thus were not sons of God.

You believe Jesus as the God of the universe and beyond. Right?

Then, how come Jesus tested others and failed them while only passing himself on the sinless test to finally qualify himself as the final winner to be the son of God, where God is also himself? He marks, grades such as sinless test, and marks himself with distinction to qualify to be the son of God, which God is also himself. It would be good for anyone to be both a test-taker and the marker as the same time. Right!

If he were God, why did he need to take any test, leave alone one in which he's also the examinee and the exam marker/grader, in the first place?

By the way, this should be viewed as a human debate and exchange rather than a competition, or whose religion is better.