Ethiopian News and Opinion Forum


The Tigrians versus Shoa Amhara by Alemseged Abay

Postby Deqi-Arawit » 17 Sep 2011, 00:15


Read the book, identity jilted by a Tigrian veteran Alemseged Abay to understand where Halaf mengedi and his likes comes from....The idea to slice the amhara to pieces not become their threat is derived from this kind of mentality......

Image

In the interview the author conducted with a Tigrian peasant by the name....Haleqa suqar...he was asked if he can trust amhara doctor and this is his reply.

Oh no! I would not trust them...I have heard that the Amhara doctors have eliminated many educated Tigrayans. I prefer to be treated by a white doctor…The Amhara are really mean-spirited. They do not have guts but when it comes to evil deeds, they are good at them¦Let God punish them for their atrocities.


Actually i agree with the notion they lack Guts but not to trust a doctor based on his ethnicity is just pathetic.

And this is another question...Who is Tigrian historical enemeys

14) (Interview with Abebe Tetemeke (48 ), May 7, 1994. We have had historical enmity with them. The Amhara will never rest until they completely subdue Tigrayans
so do Tigrayans see the Amhara as inherently intriguers and manipulators. When asked who their historical enemies are, one elder bitterly answered: (16) (Interview belay Kassa- Axum)
Shoa! Shoa! Shoa! [They are] cruel, mean, satanic. Shoa? Give me a break! Nonebelievers in God. They are cruel. Cruel! Cruel! Cruel!...When I was in Gore[South Western Ethiopia in the 1970s, for instance, I knew a Showan Amhara¦From the moment he came to know that I was a Tigrayan, he completely stopped talking to me They go three steps backward when they know you are a Tigrauyan and act as if they do not know you. Cruelty? Showan cruelty, my goodness, you cannot imagine(




Re: The Tigrians versus Shoa Amhara by Alemseged Abay

Postby Semira » 17 Sep 2011, 11:45


Deqi-Arawit wrote:Actually i agree with the notion they lack Guts but not to trust a doctor based on his ethnicity is just pathetic.


Papa Deqi,

how is gut measured in a scale? are you talking about individual gut or societal gut. i am sure you are not refering to individual gut, rather about the Shoa amhara society and the situation it found itself now. If that is the case, it is not guts the shoa amhara lacks. like any other society that has its ups and downs, it is the time where shoa amhara is in its low time. I will tell you that it is not the gut that is lacking. it is organization, decipline and coherency. all you need to do is now compare the last 1000 years gut history of Shoa-amhara, tigrayans and your own people eritreans. The shoa-amhara was in constant battles from the moment it settled in shoa in the form of conquestas back in 10th or 11th centuries all the way to the time of the italians (your masters). all you have to do is go back and open books. The shoa amhara battled the muslim invasion of Gran, the Oromo migration (invasion) both from the south and the Italian invasions from the north. people who don't have guts won't do that. you came quick on conclusion just reviewing the history of the last 20 years which i believe is very lame.

also, don't forget the attitude of shoa-amhara that lead it to confront your one time masters (italians) traveling thousands of miles at times where there is no authomobiles and beat the hell out of them. that alone should tell you about the essense of shoa-amhara. weyannes jealousy and inferiority is due to the ingenuety of these people who opened railways way back to connect themselves to the sea through djibuti and their ambitious early attitude of seeing themselves as equals as the brits, french and italians that is manifested in the form of expansion to south, east and south eastern current ethiopia. people who don't have guts will not do such task. If you have contempt for these people, it has to be due to inferiority rather than basing your argument based on facts.

Now, chill out listening this ankoberite shoa-amharan music that is song praising Menilik (aba dagnaw) and his epic achievments




Re: The Tigrians versus Shoa Amhara by Alemseged Abay

Postby Gash » 17 Sep 2011, 13:55


[quote="Semira"]

how is gut measured in a scale? are you talking about individual gut or societal gut. i am sure you are not refering to individual gut, rather about the Shoa amhara society and the situation it found itself now. If that is the case, it is not guts the shoa amhara lacks. like any other society that has its ups and downs, it is the time where shoa amhara is in its low time. I will tell you that it is not the gut that is lacking. it is organization, decipline and coherency.


:idea: :idea: :idea:

Well said, Embeytey Semira!



Re: The Tigrians versus Shoa Amhara by Alemseged Abay

Postby Facts » 17 Sep 2011, 14:26


It is most likely not lack of guts. There are peoples that are inherently timid (largely because of history/geography) like many parts of India but historically the highland regions around world including Ethiopia the people are not timid. What is holding back "shoa" these days is confusion. They don't want Ethiopia to disintegrate but at the same time they are sick of Weyane rule. No clear plan of action and thus no clear leader and thus timid population. I don't claim to have a good answer but seems like just waiting for Weyane to end their apartheid style rule doesn't make sense.



Re: The Tigrians versus Shoa Amhara by Alemseged Abay

Postby Deqi-Arawit » 17 Sep 2011, 15:22


Semira wrote:
Deqi-Arawit wrote:Actually i agree with the notion they lack Guts but not to trust a doctor based on his ethnicity is just pathetic.


Papa Deqi,

how is gut measured in a scale? are you talking about individual gut or societal gut. i am sure you are not refering to individual gut, rather about the Shoa amhara society and the situation it found itself now. If that is the case, it is not guts the shoa amhara lacks. like any other society that has its ups and downs, it is the time where shoa amhara is in its low time. I will tell you that it is not the gut that is lacking. it is organization, decipline and coherency. all you need to do is now compare the last 1000 years gut history of Shoa-amhara, tigrayans and your own people eritreans. The shoa-amhara was in constant battles from the moment it settled in shoa in the form of conquestas back in 10th or 11th centuries all the way to the time of the italians (your masters). all you have to do is go back and open books. The shoa amhara battled the muslim invasion of Gran, the Oromo migration (invasion) both from the south and the Italian invasions from the north. people who don't have guts won't do that. you came quick on conclusion just reviewing the history of the last 20 years which i believe is very lame.


We have a saying in our language, "Jigna Jigna ay weleden iyu"...a brave man dont bred a brave child and i am sure this proverb apply to the current amhara generation very much and it is not necessarly confined to the shoa Amhara but Amhara in general regardless if they come from Wollo, Gonder or Gojam. And as i have said before, the sole blame for the current docile, weakness and submissive nature of the amhara is due to their liberal attitude of marriage and [deleted] and having children with any woman which passes by in the South regardless her/his ancestoral background. As a result, they remain people of whining and been a kilil of talkative people...They lost the hot headedness and been sensetive to any slice offend like Northners.

To return to Shoa Amhara....I am aware of their history and their Neftegna expansionst policy which helped to expand their frontier deep to the south .Here i dont want you to grasp the word "neftegna" as a negative attribution as some [deleted] do..But merely as some [Cow boys] who explored the unknown land and claimed it...If Colombos is revered by Westners for "Discovering america" aka the new world, i am not any different than to revere those Nefetegna who "Discovered the new land" in the Deep south. the Question i rasied was directed to the sons of Neftegna...In the ideal word, having a warrior past and historys hould should have helped any one to develop as sense of pride and patriotism and above all to possess a sense of honor and dignity and to defy and reject any sense of humiliation and degredation but we cant say the current amhara are senstive to any offend because they are certified pussies. And that is also why they are coined as Cowards.

also, don't forget the attitude of shoa-amhara that lead it to confront your one time masters (italians) traveling thousands of miles at times where there is no authomobiles and beat the hell out of them. that alone should tell you about the essense of shoa-amhara. weyannes jealousy and inferiority is due to the ingenuety of these people who opened railways way back to connect themselves to the sea through djibuti and their ambitious early attitude of seeing themselves as equals as the brits, french and italians that is manifested in the form of expansion to south, east and south eastern current ethiopia. people who don't have guts will not do such task. If you have contempt for these people, it has to be due to inferiority rather than basing your argument based on facts.


First, the old man who stated shoa amhara are coward is not a woyane but an old peasant who probably were told by his father the intrigue Emmama Menelik played to liquidate Hatsey Yohannes when he was confronting the Mehadis and the Italians..... hence to to use the word inferior complex in referense to the old peasant is not correct.....Village people orThe Tigrians who have never been exposed to the life style of cities such asmara or addis abeba dont possess any inferior complex....The only people who show inferior complex are those one who grew up in Asmara or Addis abeba.

Now tell us Semira...How Negtegna like those were able to bred sons who are certified Pussies whose only purpose in life is to Bitc@@@@ch and been talkative of the highest order?

Image
Image

peace



Re: The Tigrians versus Shoa Amhara by Alemseged Abay

Postby Conformist » 17 Sep 2011, 18:02


Deqi-Arawit wrote:
Semira wrote:To return to Shoa Amhara....I am aware of their history and their Neftegna expansionst policy which helped to expand their frontier deep to the south .Here i dont want you to grasp the word "neftegna" as a negative attribution as some [deleted] do..But merely as some [Cow boys] who explored the unknown land and claimed it...If Colombos is revered by Westners for "Discovering america" aka the new world, i am not any different than to revere those Nefetegna who "Discovered the new land" in the Deep south. the Question i rasied was directed to the sons of Neftegna...In the ideal word, having a warrior past and historys hould should have helped any one to develop as sense of pride and patriotism and above all to possess a sense of honor and dignity and to defy and reject any sense of humiliation and degredation but we cant say the current amhara are senstive to any offend because they are certified pussies. And that is also why they are coined as Cowards.



The lesson for us is simple, diversity is our weakness, there is no unity in diversity. This weakness will persist unless we come to the realization that only ethic exclusivity will end this nightmare.



Re: The Tigrians versus Shoa Amhara by Alemseged Abay

Postby Semira » 17 Sep 2011, 18:28


papa deqi,

i think you should tone down on the verbose that you are using such as coward, certified [deleted] etc. as i told you earlier, a 20 year resume alone that you have doesn't make you a jegna as you often would like to label yourself. do i have to go and label your ancestors as certified pussies to the submissiveness they showed to any outsiders from the time of turkish all the way to the italians and brits? the life and subjugation of your people by the italians to the point of pimping their wife has been told enough in this forum and there is no need for me to go down and get dirty as you want me to go. virtually there was no revolt at all during all those rules and as i said your 20 years is too short to sit on the judgmental chair and criticize and insult others for not showing some spectacular revolt or resistance.

regarding the qouted Tigrayan farmer who labled shoa amhara lacking guts, he is no different than halafi and many brainwashed people of that region. does that poor farmer know that it was the shoa amhara that is liberated him from italian agression? after all, it was the shoa amhara that marched all the way to their region and liberate them from the italian rule that often required pimping your wife to the white soldier. the king and his court including many noble shoa amharas risked their high status life to march more than 1000 miles to confront a european army and were successful on neutralizing the threat. would the current inferiority complexed rulers have the courage to confront others for the sake of land and freedom ? let alone giving freedom to others, we all have seen how boot lickers they are and their survival is determined by their keepers. we all have seen how the current rulers relinquished chunks of lands to sudan just because they lack the gut to confront another rag-tag african (sudan).

That coward (Mengistu) is not shoan. infact he has a big discontempt to shoa amharas due to the descrimination he recieved at their hand. In the name of socialism, he dismantled the tight neat system of the shoa elits exposing it to more danger. in 1991, there was no such shoan entity which could have served as a rally point to start something. such dismantling process is a work in progress that started by Mengistu and completed by the legesse. In my view, the future is untold. as long as the people have contempt to the current rulers, we can't rule out to the fact that they will take any opportunity that would arise.

I suggest you study closely and learn the progression of events than fill yourself with roller coaster emotions just like womans go through that once in a month. this interesting book about shoa and tigray rivalry will open your mind for good. once you read the 10 page accounts linked below, you will make your own conclusion

http://books.google.com/books?id=sBc1AQ ... ns&f=false
Last edited by Semira on 17 Sep 2011, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.



Re: The Tigrians versus Shoa Amhara by Alemseged Abay

Postby Semira » 17 Sep 2011, 18:38


Conformist wrote:The lesson for us is simple, diversity is our weakness, there is no unity in diversity. This weakness will persist unless we come to the realization that only ethic exclusivity will end this nightmare.


you almost took the word out of my mouth. diversity is good for economic growth. it can't serve to win protracted wars. rather it is vulnarable to division and sabotage. Only professor Asrat (RIP) understood the winning formula and told the north shoan people that they never had a history of subjugation which costed his life. what comes after is the organization founded by prof. assrat being hijacked by Hailu Shawel and etal who diversified the organization which is ineffective to this days.



Re: The Tigrians versus Shoa Amhara by Alemseged Abay

Postby Facts » 17 Sep 2011, 21:19


Diversity is not a weakness. Confusion creates paralysis and thus weakness. However, diversity can create confusion. The Oromos have been confused for a long time. In the past 20 years, the Amhara are also a bit confused trying to reconcile the classical image of Ethiopia from history with the newer values such as respect for all cultures (to their credit). The issue should be resolved one way or the other and then move forward. As they say, sometimes it is better to go on wrong path because at least you are moving and learning; the worst is to be frozen and parlyzed.

Semira wrote:
Conformist wrote:The lesson for us is simple, diversity is our weakness, there is no unity in diversity. This weakness will persist unless we come to the realization that only ethic exclusivity will end this nightmare.


you almost took the word out of my mouth. diversity is good for economic growth. it can't serve to win protracted wars. rather it is vulnarable to division and sabotage. Only professor Asrat (RIP) understood the winning formula and told the north shoan people that they never had a history of subjugation which costed his life. what comes after is the organization founded by prof. assrat being hijacked by Hailu Shawel and etal who diversified the organization which is ineffective to this days.



Re: The Tigrians versus Shoa Amhara by Alemseged Abay

Postby Conformist » 17 Sep 2011, 22:10


Diversity can be a strength in a well ordered and advanced country like the USA, Silicon Valley is full of brilliant innovators from all over the planet doing miracles that are benefitting the world. Our mistake is to think what works for the USA can work for Ethiopia. In Ethiopia the basis for cooperation doesn't exist, that's why diversity has become our weakness.

We all want to see the end of Woyane domination, but if we were to create a new movement to organize the all the tribes for the purpose, there will be too much linguistic and cultural differences to create cohesion. One tribe's interpretation of Ethiopian history is offensive to another, the leader that is idolized by one tribe is hated by another etc and etc.

There will never be any effective opposition as long as eighty tribes are holding on to their own vision of which way Ethiopia should go.

Next Page


Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], elias, gearhead, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Kunta Kinte, Kuru debela, Yahoo [Bot]