Ethiopian News and Opinion Forum

Nearly 200, mostly Eritrean refugees, drown in the Red Sea

Postby Awash » 13 Aug 2011, 22:29

Nearly 200 Migrants Drown off Sudan after Boat Catches Fire
Posted on Sunday, August 14 @ 00:00:00 UTC by admin
AP
Nearly 200 people drowned on Tuesday when a boat carrying illegal migrants from Sudan to Saudi Arabia caught fire after four hours at sea, Sudanese officials said.

“One hundred and ninety seven people from neighboring countries drowned in the Red Sea, inside Sudanese territorial waters, following the burning of a boat that was illegally transporting them to Saudi Arabia,” the Sudan Media Center (SMC) said.
“The information (published by SMC) is correct,” a police spokesman told Agence France-Presse, adding that further details had not yet been received.
SMC quoted authorities in Sudan’s Red Sea state as saying that only three people had been rescued, but that the search for more survivors was ongoing.
They said that the people-trafficking operation was planned and implemented in the locality of Tokar, which is about 150 kilometers south of Port Sudan, near the border with Eritrea, and that four Yemenis, who allegedly owned the Cuban-flagged boat, had been arrested.
A separate attempt to smuggle 247 migrants, mostly from Somalia, Eritrea, Chad, and Nigeria, also through Sudan’s coastal region of Tokar, had been foiled, according to the same report.
With an 875-kilometer coastline and long borders with Eritrea, Ethiopia, Chad and Egypt, Sudan is a key transiting country for many African migrants attempting to reach the Arabian peninsula by boat, or overland to Israel.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) estimates that there are more than 100,000 Eritrean refugees in northern Sudan, most of them living in camps along the country’s border with its eastern neighbor.
The violence in Somalia, meanwhile, compounded by severe drought, has forced more than 135,000 Somalis to flee so far this year, including 54,000 people in June alone, according to the UNHCR.
The UN humanitarian office said last week that 10 million people in the Horn of Africa have been hit by the worst drought in 60 years, with some areas on the verge of famine and thousands on the march in search of food and water.

http://www.sudanvisiondaily.com/modules ... &sid=79303

Re: Nearly 200, mostly Eritrean refugees, drown in the Red Sea

Postby Halafi Mengedi » 13 Aug 2011, 22:59

Seren66, can you subtract 200 cancers from your remaining 500K???

The Elias pact comrades were trying to meet him to sign the accord to put Elias in power and kill all Tigryans.

Postby YeSat-Nebelbal » 13 Aug 2011, 23:23

The information does not state the citizens of the people perished in this tragic trip. However, even if they are from any country this is a sad episode for the region unable to feed itself and engaged in a never ending war. The people who would jump on the boat are idiots, because Saudi Arabia is not a heaven for migrants, it is a nightmarish place to be. Then again, if the idiot is determined to die there is nothing anyone can do, the only thing I suggest to these idiots is save their money ($1000 or $2000) they are willing to pay to be trafficked out. That money could be used for their burial procession, all they have to do is hung thmeselves at home where they will be properly buried, at least it owuld give their families the closure knowing their son/daughter is dead and buried at home.

The more I am thinking about the people running away from their countries toward a certain death, the more I am getting cold hearted. I am finished with my sympathies, some of the kids have no reason to do what they are doing, none of them have reason, but particularly some are doing it to see if they can get MORE out of life. They have no reason for taking such a risky trip, why would anyone take a risky trip to be considered lessthan a slave in these countries, like Yemen, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and so forth.
Last edited by YeSat-Nebelbal on 13 Aug 2011, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Awash » 13 Aug 2011, 23:27

You heartless son of a b!tch. Do you think people would venture into such risk if they were not desparate? You make me sick, you stupid [deleted].

YeSat-Nebelbal wrote:The information does not state the citizens of the people perished in this tragic trip. However, even if they are from any country this is a sad episode for the region unable to feed itself and engaged in a never ending war. The people who would jump on the boat are idiots, because Saudi Arabia is not a heaven for migrants, it is a nightmarish place to be. Then again, if the idiot is determined to die there is nothing one can do, the only thing I suggest of save the $1000 or $2000 these people are paying for their burial procession and take their lives at home where they will find proper burial and their families will have the closure of knowing that person is dead and buried at home. The more I am thinking about the people running away from their country the more I am getting cold hearted. These kids have no reason for taking such a risky trip, why would anyone take a risky trip to be considered lessthan a slave in these countries, like Yemen, Israel, Saudi Arabia, and so forth.

Postby abel qael » 14 Aug 2011, 00:16

The world has never seen fascists like these ancebas who suddenly found themselves in political power, something they never ever had in the History of our ancient region. Even the Gumames, who - unfortunately, at the end of the 19th century, becoz of brit,french and Italian intervention directed against the ultrapatriotic Ethiopians of Tigray origin -- came to the helm of power for the fist time in our 3000-years-long History, ended up becoming fascistic but not immediately and not to the extent of what we see in the cursed Ancebas running arrtera like a giant prison including making Azzmara a living hell on planet Earth.
I think Weyane should bomb arrtera down to its knees and liberate whatever survives after the inferno :roll: :roll: :roll: !

Postby Zmeselo » 15 Aug 2011, 07:59

The [deleted] is calling people heartless? Ooooooi moite hahaha. He posted the article in the first place to share of his great joy in seeing eritreans die en masse and then dares call others heartless. I don´t know whether to laugh or cry.

Postby Awash » 15 Aug 2011, 09:58

Zmeselo wrote:The [deleted] is calling people heartless? Ooooooi moite hahaha. He posted the article in the first place to share of his great joy in seeing eritreans die en masse and then dares call others heartless. I don´t know whether to laugh or cry.

You're wrong, Zfessamo. I care about the Eri ppl, unlike you and your shabo savages. You should cry for the Eri ppl who never got the liberty they struggled for centuries, thanks to ahiyas like shabo criminals who are worse than Mussolini.

Postby Conformist » 15 Aug 2011, 15:44

They run away from Ethiopia where they were wanted, now they are perishing trying to enter countries where they are not wanted. Eritreans are the flakiest people in the world.

Postby Hayal_Bahrigna » 18 Aug 2011, 06:42

Where does it say they were eritreans? lol The fact is that many ethiopians know its ethiopians and bringing this news to say they were eritreans proves to me that ethiopia's collapse is quicker than i thought, you just don't care about each other and mock your countrymen misery and that is exactly how yugoslavains felt about each other in the early 90's.

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion