Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Axumawi

Re: There is no trace of civilization in Habasha land. Axum got nothing with ethnic Tigire nor Lalibela got with Amara

Post by Axumawi » 06 Jul 2018, 16:43

XXX
Za Dengel wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 16:32
Axumawi wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 13:34
Za Dengel wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 06:35
Ethiopians never called their country Abyssinia but Ethiopia (from 4th century onwards) and Habesha/Abesha (from very ancient onwards). Abyssinia is the European version of Habesha but still Ethiopians never called themselves by it. 17th century Ludolf also said that Ethiopians sometimes call their country Geez/Agazi.

We know that ancient Ethiopia wasn’t present day Ethiopia so the the adoption of the name by Aksumite was stealing. The 20th century name change from Abyssinia to Ethiopia only happened from foreigners perspective. But Habesha/Abesha is the appropriate name of the country.

The name Ethiopia for Abyssinia is either stolen or impossed.
Me thinks first was stolen and imposed and later in 20th century was re-imposed.

That is why in Ethiopia/Eritrea the name Habesha goes through cycles good-bad-verybad-better-good-terrible...etc.
Why do you say it was re-imposed? Ethiopians (then Aksumite) never abandoned the name after they stole and impose it in 4th century.
You are right. I should have used a different word like enhanced, rejuvenated, re energized etc. With the establishment of countries in the modern way in 19th century all over the world, the name got re-energized renewed.

The stealing originally stays the same.

Axumawi

Re: There is no trace of civilization in Habasha land. Axum got nothing with ethnic Tigire nor Lalibela got with Amara

Post by Axumawi » 09 Jul 2018, 19:07

maryaXtigre wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 08:47
mitmitaye wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 07:35
there was never a land/a country called habesha.. Habesha/abesha is a state of mind... for the arabs, it was simply mean diQala rather a degrading term.. :x
Habesha is actually quite an insult it can very much be used in a derogatory way. Many Eritreans refuse to identify with it because of it's Arabic meaning, i can speak of Sudan for example haebshi would mean= prostitution,poor,uneducated,christian and so fourth...

What makes you think Habesha is Arabic? What makes you think the Arabs were anywhere to give names to other people's?
Actually what makes you think Arabic language is older than Geez or Aremaic (which has lots of interchangeable words with Geez Tigrinya Tigre..?

Don't be shocked:
Current Egyptians only have 19% relation to Arabs. You need to think of Egypt Sudan even Saudi Arabia very differently when you speak of Habesha. We are the least changed people for good or bad. We are backward and poor, but if we catch up we will really make it since we do not have baggage of looking for history, identity, culture...etc

AbebeB

Post by AbebeB » 09 Jul 2018, 19:21

Bwendimu,
I can't give the habesha land zero for civilization. I tried to plot the audio records from habesha shout to analyse the its intensity and pattern over time. Consequently, I came to conclude it started from around 400BC as the started to land horn of Africa. Consequently, the land has begun shouting from ancient and now is climax. So be considerate. I have regards for the pope corn politicians otherwise ESAT could be very silent.

Axumawi

Post by Axumawi » 12 Jul 2018, 16:49

AbebeB wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 19:21
Bwendimu,
I can't give the habesha land zero for civilization. I tried to plot the audio records from habesha shout to analyse the its intensity and pattern over time. Consequently, I came to conclude it started from around 400BC as the started to land horn of Africa. Consequently, the land has begun shouting from ancient and now is climax. So be considerate. I have regards for the pope corn politicians otherwise ESAT could be very silent.
Which was the port of entry?

What passport were they carrying/holding?

How did you communicate with them?

Where were you when they landed in Africa?

Axumawi

Post by Axumawi » 12 Jul 2018, 17:41

Bwendimu,

Did you visit the 21st century Church in Lalibela made the same way as those old ones. Was completed last year. No modern tools used, but is eaxt copy of one of the old ones. The person who thought about it and executed it was Abba Gebremeskel.
He used to get angry when tourists like you tell him Habesha could not have built this. So finally he decided to build one.