Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Halafi Mengedi (and also Horus) are "winning": Ethiopia to release all political prisoners, Maikalawi will be a museum

Postby DefendTheTruth » 03 Jan 2018, 09:05

Ethiopia will rise again!

Ethiopia raises her hand to God and will prevail by virtue of it, a long held view of many people in this most religious and faitfull nation in the world, for whatever reason.

Ethiopia is an outlier in the Orthodox Christian world

And it seems that her God is listening.

Ethiopia to release all political prisoners, close camp.

Thank you Mr. Prime Minister, this is the right move in the right direction in my view and perhpas a historic day in our long history as a people. Now we can differentiate between the responsible actors on the political field, who are out there to bring change to their people and those irresponsible actors, who are out there to create havoc in the country and whom we should isolate and resist them fiercely.

Re: Halafi Mengedi (and also Horus) are "winning": Ethiopia to release all political prisoners, Maikalawi will be a museum

Postby sun » 03 Jan 2018, 10:31

DefendTheTruth wrote:Ethiopia will rise again!

Ethiopia raises her hand to God and will prevail by virtue of it, a long held view of many people in this most religious and faitfull nation in the world, for whatever reason.

Ethiopia is an outlier in the Orthodox Christian world

And it seems that her God is listening.

Ethiopia to release all political prisoners, close camp.

Thank you Mr. Prime Minister, this is the right move in the right direction in my view and perhpas a historic day in our long history as a people. Now we can differentiate between the responsible actors on the political field, who are out there to bring change to their people and those irresponsible actors, who are out there to create havoc in the country and whom we should isolate and resist them fiercely.

Hmmm... 8)

What has it got to do with Obbo Halafi who constantly and fiercely kept/keep advocating the complete disintegration of the country unless the 6% tplf oligarchs keep glued to power, holding monopoly power, insulting and blaming the great and egalitarian Oromos as "Savage Gallas" all these only for the Oromos' willingness of self discovery and seeking positive changes, equality and justice for all agenda building and ongoing implementation.

What has it got to do with Obbo horus too who seem to have been interested in complete anarchy, not positive reforms, and disintegration of the country unless all the Ethiopian tribes and Ethnics together with all their rights disappear from the face of the earth. This positive development is an outcome of the Oromo struggles compounded by the Amhara struggles as well as the current positive joint efforts between the two who constitute about 80% of the Ethiopian people.

Why should people rot in prisons and shameful concentration camps instead of going to school smiling joyfully and then going to work creating, producing products, services and ideas, earning money and then paying taxes in order to make the government rich and the country great again?

In that way the government seems to be wising up and behaving proactive and catching the WAVE before the WAVE catches them.
:lol:

Re: Halafi Mengedi (and also Horus) are "winning": Ethiopia to release all political prisoners, Maikalawi will be a museum

Postby DefendTheTruth » 03 Jan 2018, 13:12

Sun,

I will wait for the response of the two gentlemen and give you my reply, is that a good enough deal? lol

Postby Degnet » 03 Jan 2018, 14:00

I hope I am one of the two gentle men,I am so happy to hear this.

Postby Horus » 03 Jan 2018, 14:58

Only when the illegal, criminal, oppressive and corrupt rule of the tribe is replaced by a genuine transitional and then elected government will Horus be happy. I accept reform, I don't dance in orgy with the moves of tricky tribal warlords. Selam walu !!!

Postby DefendTheTruth » 03 Jan 2018, 16:39

Horus wrote:Only when the illegal, criminal, oppressive and corrupt rule of the tribe is replaced by a genuine transitional and then elected government will Horus be happy. I accept reform, I don't dance in orgy with the moves of tricky tribal warlords. Selam walu !!!

There is a saying which goes like "a thousand miles begins with one step" or somehting like that, and what about beginning the appreciation of the steps too with that very first step?

I can't say if the said step is really genuine, that is, people will also be set free, in many cases after many years behind bars, and how many people will going to benefit from the measure if it is real, but in my view we should appreciate the positive step from those in power, unless someone is deliberately on the win-lose (zero-sum) course instead of a win-win course for all parties.

Postby Horus » 03 Jan 2018, 22:13

Defend the truth,

Why do you force me to be arrogant which is not my nature. I know how politics works. I know how the ruling class thinks. I know how dictators logic. Please, for a change bait your your buck on the power and potential of the oppressed rather than waste your short life trying to defend the oppressor and make the criminal look good. When there is a real reform and real change and real positive development, you will find my comment posted the first thing in the morning.

But please don't make yourself a fool by exposing your ignorance of woyane trick or being a bad cadre of the same. The so called political prisoner is a free Ethiopian who should not have been framed and tortured by the criminal tigray rule in the first place. Now to make the cruelty worse, the same tribal gang is trying to use the abused Ethiopian as a negotiating tool and propaganda material. The crime and cruelty keeps adding and the stupid slavish cadre keeps dancing in orgy to the bad beats of the drunk tribal thieves.

Postby gearhead » 04 Jan 2018, 19:34

"Political space" implies that there is a political institution that the "opposition" is supposed to contend against. However there NO such entity!!

TPLF/EPRDF is no longer a political institution but a covent of separate fiefdoms of vapmpires whose egos need to be fed blood repratedly. Can you name one political purpose for executing a pre-planned ethnic cleansing of 750K oromo women children and elderly?

Civilian TPLF/EPRDF is dead!!! It has long overstepped untouchable boundaries and passed all the limits. Once that boundary was land, then became lives of protestors in increasing numbers, then it became entire civilian populatios. There are NO punitive nor preventive repercussions to the vampiric perpetrators, or any effect to their instituions , so the scale and and ferousity of the devour continues as the population is repeatedly desensitized and lulled, only to find itself faced with another mass atrocity worse than the one before.

Postby DefendTheTruth » 05 Jan 2018, 09:19

gearhead wrote:"Political space" implies that there is a political institution that the "opposition" is supposed to contend against. However there NO such entity!!

TPLF/EPRDF is no longer a political institution but a covent of separate fiefdoms of vapmpires whose egos need to be fed blood repratedly. Can you name one political purpose for executing a pre-planned ethnic cleansing of 750K oromo women children and elderly?

Civilian TPLF/EPRDF is dead!!! It has long overstepped untouchable boundaries and passed all the limits. Once that boundary was land, then became lives of protestors in increasing numbers, then it became entire civilian populatios. There are NO punitive nor preventive repercussions to the vampiric perpetrators, or any effect to their instituions , so the scale and and ferousity of the devour continues as the population is repeatedly desensitized and lulled, only to find itself faced with another mass atrocity worse than the one before.

Like I said last time under another thread perhaps once again my condolences to you again if you felt about being left out from the "deal". Otherwise, this thread is not about trying to draw a balance sheet of the crimes being committed so far, real or percieved, from all sides.

Here it is about a concession that a government, who held many, most likely innocent, citizens in the types of the said torture centeres (not to say in its gulag), made and now coming forward and saying, we are going to set them free. And in my view and many others', including independent observers in the field, this is a right move in the right direction. Why are you upset about it?

Would you mind sharing about your inner pain, so that we can understand you better? Other wise would you please spare yourself from your lizard tears?

Is it a mere coincidence that you now coined the term "vampire" for those whom you have been defending to your bone marrow just a year or two ago und defaming those for whom shed your wizard tears? What is going on your side?

Do you think you can lull somebody?
Last edited by DefendTheTruth on 05 Jan 2018, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

Postby kibramlak » 05 Jan 2018, 10:52

Time will tell about the truth. But when we see editing their own statements 7 times in three hours doesn't give confidence. In my view, it is a clear illustration of how they function: state of contradictions and denials. As many millions wish, I really would be more than happy if the said thing was true without cosmetics. I was applauding it without any second thought as soon as I heard the first statement. But then, as hours go by, doubt came in to surface.

Ok, maybe some are going to be released, which in fact they shouldn't be incarcerated in the first place. Looking at the angle of the victims who are in jail currently, yes that would be a good news (even if there will be 5 or 10 people who are going to be released). However, this action doesn't lower the crimes committed on them (for the physical and psychological pains they had to endure and the times they lose, and many more). I think, they have to be compensated for all of these crimes.

Other than that, institutional reform is a must. Releasing innocents is not just enough to answer the pending questions

Next Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion