Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

A THOROUGH DISCUSSION REGARDING THE RECENT "EPRDF EXECUTIVE" DECLARATION: [OMN AMHARIC].

Postby gearhead » 31 Dec 2017, 03:34

An excellent, in-depth discussion on the document that "EPRDF Executive" relesed yesterday!!!

Worth every minute of your time as you chill and break-in into the New Year!!!

Happy Holidays!!!

phpBB [video]

Re: A THOROUGH DISCUSSION REGARDING THE RECENT "EPRDF EXECUTIVE" DECLARATION: [OMN AMHARIC].

Postby kibramlak » 31 Dec 2017, 04:47

Be reminded what Getachew Reda said about Oromo and Amhara "we failed to stop the oromo-amhara relationship"
And this announcement's core message is "we are going to bring back our divide and rule" between Oromo and Amhara. What they want is, two neighbors must not communicate directly unless a tplf cadre is in between to control, filter or kill any communication. So crazy and unbelievable to hear this. But how would they stop the population request that rejected them bitterly. For politicians, this is the best period in life time to see what all this paranoia will lead

Re: A THOROUGH DISCUSSION REGARDING THE RECENT "EPRDF EXECUTIVE" DECLARATION: [OMN AMHARIC].

Postby Degnet » 31 Dec 2017, 05:19

TPLF is dead,ke balebetu yaweke buda new.

Postby sun » 31 Dec 2017, 12:59

kibramlak wrote:Be reminded what Getachew Reda said about Oromo and Amhara "we failed to stop the oromo-amhara relationship"
And this announcement's core message is "we are going to bring back our divide and rule" between Oromo and Amhara. What they want is, two neighbors must not communicate directly unless a tplf cadre is in between to control, filter or kill any communication. So crazy and unbelievable to hear this. But how would they stop the population request that rejected them bitterly. For politicians, this is the best period in life time to see what all this paranoia will lead

I am not a politician but still talking about "paranoia" if there is "paranoia" in the first place will only lead to the inevitable, that is to say, inevitable change, since change is the only normal single permanent phenomena whether we like it or not. Divide and rule can not be brought back and applied just like that unless the people being targeted by the divide and rule political hammer are directly and indirectly willing to accept it for their own reasons. For the tiny tplf who comes from the 6% ethnic base Divide and Rule instrument is the matter of life and death absolute necessity built in to its core political values and practices. Take it or leave it! :P

"Those who make peaceful evolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" ~John F. Kennedy :P

Postby Degnet » 31 Dec 2017, 13:20

ene tiake yehonebign"sun",TPLF eneman nachew,eneman nachew endih eyegedelu yeminorut,ene Halafi Mengedi ke yet metu?

Postby gearhead » 31 Dec 2017, 20:49

Indeed. The declaration actually criminalizes the A-O synthesis that is occuring naturally. Notice that it is not just Tigray the is threathened by this phenomenon but the Gurage as well. The Tigre and the Gurage who have had carved poletical space for themselves are the ones who are intent on bring an end to this natural process.

When there was a neftenia and xebab, these two had a feast over a wide middle. Now that time had forced an increasing convergence, they are squeezed out of the spectrum and are the new left and right exteemes.

IMO, what needs to happen is to drop the PC that has camouflaged the tigre and gurage culture , and jolt these two peoples inheren parasitic tendencies , so that they are forced to invent a new position within the burgeoning AO poletical spectrum. Not as enemies but as dangerous cultures which they dind themselves in.

kibramlak wrote:Be reminded what Getachew Reda said about Oromo and Amhara "we failed to stop the oromo-amhara relationship"

Postby Dawi » 31 Dec 2017, 23:58

I don't know why everyone is ganging up in that Getachew Reda's "እሳትና ጭድ" comment, he made when he was the communications affairs Minster?

At a minimum one can also choose to take the comment as directed at the squabbles O/A activists had among each other for years; particularly the diaspora ones who didn't see eye to eye for no reason.

It is funny that this "OMN: GRD" presentation and discussion looks similar to a one that takes place in an ESAT studio. I couldn't tell; I am not complaining but, just telling it like it is.

I mean, we are all happy things are hunky dory between Amara/Oromo but, can you tell me why it was necessary to make Getachew the fall guy? And blame our divisions here in diaspora solely on TPLF?

Is Jawar telling us that it was Getachew's "እሳትና ጭድ" not his own perverted slogans like "I am an Oromo first!" and "በሜንጫ ነው እምንቀነጥሰው" kinds contrarian views to blame for some of our differences ? If that is the case I must have been stupefied.

Having said that, over the years, I kind of liked Getachew & Radwan's rhetoric, they are one of those versed in EPRDF's philosophy; very articulate and comprehend "the developmental state concept" well. They seem to grasp the middle ground view of the country.

The other point I like to make is, no body paid attention to the recent interview Getachew made with Mimi in a radio program. When he answered the question:

የትግራይ የበላይት አለ?

"..እንደ አያ ጅቦ ነው ፤ ኖረም አልኖረ ሕፃንን ማስፈራራት ይችላል ፤ :lol:

እኛ በትግራይ ስም ለማጭበርበር የሚሞክርን ሰው ምን ያክል በቁጥጥር ሥር አውለናል?.." Bingo!

አደገኛ የሆነ ውጤት አስከትሏል ፤ ሠርተው ለፍተው የሚያድሩ የትግራይ ተወላጆችን በአካባቢው እንደ ጥፋተኛ የሚጠረጠሩበት ከመፍጠር አንፃር ትልቅ የሚባል አደጋ ፈጥሯል ።

The above answer using his new position, of setting the direction of dealing with corruption, particularly taking down those Tigreans who took advantage of Woyane's ethnic group as a ticket to get rich is going to turn the relationship within EPRDF to the better. Now Lemma can call those corrupt guys to return back the land, businesses they took using "ethnic affiliation" without merit.

How about that? BTW, I hear that has already started; the corrupt are getting the messages.

I also agree with EPRDF pointing out that "principled" relationship between O/A is necessary.
We don't need just brouhaha is what they're saying in my view.

Happy New Year!!

gearhead wrote:An excellent, in-depth discussion on the document that "EPRDF Executive" relesed yesterday!!!

Worth every minute of your time as you chill and break-in into the New Year!!!

Happy Holidays!!!

phpBB [video]

Postby ethiopian » 01 Jan 2018, 13:44

excellent analysis indeed. #Oromara - aga.ames night mare !!! Political landscape in Ethiopia is changing because of brave Oroma youth
where is debub ? where ??? I hope you will join and crash our common enemy - Thug TPLF

Postby kibramlak » 03 Jan 2018, 11:41

Dawi wrote:I don't know why everyone is ganging up in that Getachew Reda's "እሳትና ጭድ" comment, he made when he was the communications affairs Minster?

No he said the mindset of his party. He was not alone to say that. meles said it, Abay said i, Seyum said it. This has been the TPLF's central agenda not to see A-O closer links. They have been working to dismantle this relationship. People are aware now and much more angry now once they understood all all these manipulations.

Have a look at this:
phpBB [video]

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion