Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
confused

<<BREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT - NEWS>> CONGRATULATIONS WEYYANE!!! ... TPLF Joined By OPDO & ANDM To Brutally Suppress Resistance & Hoddam Oromo & Amara Can Now Re-Fill Their Bellies [VIDEO]

Post by confused » 30 Dec 2017, 17:16

XXX
phpBB [video]
Last edited by confused on 31 Dec 2017, 02:51, edited 2 times in total.

DefendTheTruth

Re: <<BREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT - NEWS>> CONGRATULATIONS WEYYANE!!! ... TPLF Joined By OPDO & ANDM Promises To Brutally Suppress Resistance & Hoddam Oromo & Amara to Fill Their Bellies [VIDEO]

Post by DefendTheTruth » 30 Dec 2017, 18:44

As far as I understand, an Executive Committee (EC) is accountable to the Central Committee (CC) and CC is suppossed to be accountable to the General Assembly (GA) of an organisation, but not to the general public. Decisions made in the name of the different levels of the organisation should be first endorsed by those which should oversee the performance of their respective subordinate levels.

Here it is not clear to me how it is suppossed to function and ensure that there should be accountability at all levels. In the abscence of accountability, then there is no wonder that they claim, we are sorry and start over again business as usual, while many innocent lives are being lost for reasons no one is ready yet to tell us and there is an imminent danger that the country itself is facing for its very existence.

To be honest here, I am indeed confused totally.

confused

Re: <<BREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT - NEWS>> CONGRATULATIONS WEYYANE!!! ... TPLF Joined By OPDO & ANDM Promises To Brutally Suppress Resistance & Hoddam Oromo & Amara to Fill Their Bellies [VIDEO]

Post by confused » 30 Dec 2017, 19:40

The roles and responsibilities of an Executive Committee are outlined in the organizational by-laws.

Generally, the purpose of executive committees was to review major issues that organizations faced and make preliminary decisions for discussion and voting at the next full organizational meeting. Traditionally, the role was to act on behalf of the board during the interim times between board meetings. Because of that important role, the committee was traditionally comprised of the board officers and committee chairs, or specifically appointed by the organization.

The more contemporary role of the executive committee is to implement the organization's fiduciary, strategic, and generative plane, policies, and decisions consistent with the organization’s Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles. Execute organizational policy...not make policy....

Arguably, the EPRF Executive Committee has acted within the scope of its authority.

However, removing/purging members and or appointing new members is generally not within the scope of their authority...likewise, the participation of non-members such as abadulla, gimirra, abay tsehaye, mesfin seyoum arkebe...etc in the deliberations of the executive committee was not legal... and the decisions can be challenged in a country with a civilized legal system.... however, in this instance, were any decisions made??? Are promises to do better tantamount to policy decisions?

The bottom line ...I spoke with quite a few folks in FinFinne and Dire Dawa today...it appears that the EPRDF announcement will have no effect on the present state of the resistance... no one seemed to care about the announcement...people are demanding a change of regime...PERIOD...

confused

Re: <<BREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT - NEWS>> CONGRATULATIONS WEYYANE!!! ... TPLF Joined By OPDO & ANDM Promises To Brutally Suppress Resistance & Hoddam Oromo & Amara Can Now Re-Fill Their Bellies [VIDEO]

Post by confused » 30 Dec 2017, 20:32

phpBB [video]

confused

Re: <<BREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT - NEWS>> CONGRATULATIONS WEYYANE!!! ... TPLF Joined By OPDO & ANDM Promises To Brutally Suppress Resistance & Hoddam Oromo & Amara Can Now Re-Fill Their Bellies [VIDEO]

Post by confused » 30 Dec 2017, 22:41

I was reading an article and saw the pictures below which aptly illustrates the aging diaspora politicians, intellectuals, and activists....and the cyber warriors on this forum...

confused

Post by confused » 31 Dec 2017, 02:13

Meanwhile....poor weyyane and EPRDF....No one is listening, scared, or seems to care about the BIG announcement....and the weyyane intrigues ... the people will prevail....Oromos and amara who sided with weyyane are hoddams who are already complicit and accountable for many crimes but had a chance to redeem themselves... abadulla, aster mammo, girma birru, bereket simon, demeke mekkonen, et al....

Most of the wives and children of the ethiopian diplomats like girma birru have applied for asylum and no longer live in ethiopia...under the pretext of medical problems, schooling, etc...hence, the likes of girma birru have one foot on the plane ready to abandon the country when matters get worse...

DefendTheTruth

Post by DefendTheTruth » 31 Dec 2017, 07:58

confused wrote:The roles and responsibilities of an Executive Committee are outlined in the organizational by-laws.

Generally, the purpose of executive committees was to review major issues that organizations faced and make preliminary decisions for discussion and voting at the next full organizational meeting. Traditionally, the role was to act on behalf of the board during the interim times between board meetings. Because of that important role, the committee was traditionally comprised of the board officers and committee chairs, or specifically appointed by the organization.

The more contemporary role of the executive committee is to implement the organization's fiduciary, strategic, and generative plane, policies, and decisions consistent with the organization’s Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles. Execute organizational policy...not make policy....

Arguably, the EPRF Executive Committee has acted within the scope of its authority.

However, removing/purging members and or appointing new members is generally not within the scope of their authority...likewise, the participation of non-members such as abadulla, gimirra, abay tsehaye, mesfin seyoum arkebe...etc in the deliberations of the executive committee was not legal... and the decisions can be challenged in a country with a civilized legal system.... however, in this instance, were any decisions made??? Are promises to do better tantamount to policy decisions?

The bottom line ...I spoke with quite a few folks in FinFinne and Dire Dawa today...it appears that the EPRDF announcement will have no effect on the present state of the resistance... no one seemed to care about the announcement...people are demanding a change of regime...PERIOD...
I have to admit that I have not read the by-laws of the EPRDF and my curiosity was also not in trying to know how the by-law specifically was formulated or what it stipulates in details. I am simply interested in just to know how it is suppossed to function to ensure that the organisation is accountable at all levels of its organisational structure.

I am talking here about a general organisational structure of a political party like EPRDF, even when this is a kind of an umbrella organisation for the constituent organisations of 4 or so.

If you are talking about a preliminary decision, then you didn't also in essence disagree with me, because a preliminary decision should be re-visited and finalised before being endorsed by the next level of the decision making process.

I don't think it is only traditionally that an EC is suppossed to oversee and implement the organisation's duties that is entusted on it by the CC during the interim periods of the meetings of the CC.

While CC is more of a decision making body EC is an implementing body for this reason, if I may guess. Major decisions have to be made for this reason at the higher levels of the organisational structure, because the legitimacy of those decisions will have to be scrutinized by those at the higher level of the organisation and the ultimate source of decision-making power lies by the GA, for this reason.

I don't think you can explain if I ask you to elaborate what I highlighted in blue above. If you do, then please come back and prove me wrong and tell me how one can implement a vision or a mission in a more concrete words, just as an example from the long paragraph. :roll: :roll: All in all that paragraph is part of your usual rumbo jumbo or something like that, for lack of other term.

confused

Re: <<BREAKING ANNOUNCEMENT - NEWS>> CONGRATULATIONS WEYYANE!!! ... TPLF Joined By OPDO & ANDM To Brutally Suppress Resistance & Hoddam Oromo & Amara Can Now Re-Fill Their Bellies [VIDEO]

Post by confused » 31 Dec 2017, 16:50

The hoddam coward amara and oromo TPLF slaves revealed ...

In return for their betrayal Hybrid Oromo Werkeneh gebeyehu and gimirra birru banking on being crowned the next puppet PM...
phpBB [video]