Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Re: A viable solution needs to be based on a proper understanding of the underlying problem

Postby kibramlak » 31 Dec 2017, 06:53

@DTT
As you may hear, the country is under the influence of individuals who hates harmony between people, individuals who condemn those who are making progress like what Lemma & Gedu have started. How can anyone with a sane mind preach devil to keep in-fighting between people? How can anyone think that a change will come from these individuals who preach discord between people? The last thing unheard yet is the air you breath should also be with the "blessing" of these individuals.
I think, those who are trying to progress must keep listening to the people and remain to be accountable to their people.

@Degnet
I have been trying to be rational all along and have never had any problem with any people of any tribal background. However, the arrogance, the hate and madness of the individuals who side step the real questions of the people but want to keep beefing up their fat a** is something unacceptable. In addition, it is very sad to witness that some group want to keep silent (and dance, dine & wine in their comfort zone) while thousands are being killed and tortured because they requested for fair share of a living as a stakeholder of that country, as a citizen based on equality and respect. This is not only abnormal but also morally condemn-able for generations to come. After all, if we live for our ego at the expense of our moral, we wouldn't care whatever happens to others. Those who kept silent today have chosen their comfort and ego over one of the very basic human attributes God has given us - conscious and moral. I am not referring to the people in the country, am referring to those who are in the free world to speak free. That all is inexcusable

Re: A viable solution needs to be based on a proper understanding of the underlying problem

Postby Amara Sayint » 31 Dec 2017, 07:12

My suggestions are as follows:

Alpha: Promotion of Diversity in unity through Real Federalism with particular importance or attention given to local liberties.

Beta: Introduction of pluralistic multi-party system

Gamma: Proportional representation, that allows a fair representation of ethnic minorities

Delta: Imposing constitutional term limits upon the President, Prime Minister and Federal Representatives.

Postby DefendTheTruth » 31 Dec 2017, 08:20

Amara Sayint wrote:My suggestions are as follows:

Alpha: Promotion of Diversity in unity through Real Federalism with particular importance or attention given to local liberties.

Beta: Introduction of pluralistic multi-party system

Gamma: Proportional representation, that allows a fair representation of ethnic minorities

Delta: Imposing constitutional term limits upon the President, Prime Minister and Federal Representatives.

At least yours is better for trying to propose what you think could be a solution instead of simply repeating the problems again and again without any word on what the solution should be. But you are not a democrat because your words betray you in black and white that you are someone bent on grabing the power based on your ethnic numeric size. That will not happen, because it is anti-democratic and dangerous for our country. Go and join the liberation forces, if you are not already there, or get back to them. This thread is for democrats and we demand equal opportunity for all citizens of the country without any bias based on solely their ethnic (natural) background. We are against discriminating anyone let alone the major chunk of the country's population.

On a side note, it is better if you keep your amara sayint nick aside, because we don't know much Amharas who joined the so called liberation forces and remained there stuck to what was somehow trendy 30 or 40 years back but became outdated and out of tune with the 21st century thinking paradigm of the free world.

Postby Degnet » 31 Dec 2017, 08:50

DefendTheTruth,
The one can't go with out the other,be appreciative.

Postby Degnet » 31 Dec 2017, 09:06

men adregu new yemtlachew,andande ewedew alehu andand gize degmo,men yemil tiake yasnesabegnal,atetabey sewn atetla.

Postby Degnet » 31 Dec 2017, 09:28

sefa yale astesaseb new netsa yemiawetan.Space and freedom.

Postby Amara Sayint » 31 Dec 2017, 13:11

Mr. DefendTheTruth

Which one do you think is the antithesis of democracy? The Majority rule or Minority rule?

I prefer the majority rule, with particular attention being paid to the promotion and protection of the rights of minorities.

As far as my nickname is concerned, it was not designed to reflect political or racial themes, rather it is simply a product of my emotional bond to my place of origin, where i grew up; not to be confused with my place of birth - Meqdela.

Postby Abdisa » 31 Dec 2017, 17:32

DefendTheTruth wrote: Some people have started to compare the current situation in the country with a biblical term of “Original Sin” of mankind (attributed to Eva’s and Adam’s eating from the forbidden Trees of Knowledge of Goods and Evils of Eden’s garden).

I couldn't agree more. When Agame swarmed Oromia with evil intentions, they were not supposed to eat the fruits from the tree of life, but the evil that they are they did anyway, resulting in their eviction from the Garden of Eden, and Cherubim's flaming sword flashing back and forth in Oromia to prevent them re-entry 'til Kingdom come. 8)

Postby DefendTheTruth » 01 Jan 2018, 08:45

Abdisa wrote:
DefendTheTruth wrote: Some people have started to compare the current situation in the country with a biblical term of “Original Sin” of mankind (attributed to Eva’s and Adam’s eating from the forbidden Trees of Knowledge of Goods and Evils of Eden’s garden).

I couldn't agree more. When Agame swarmed Oromia with evil intentions, they were not supposed to eat the fruits from the tree of life, but the evil that they are they did anyway, resulting in their eviction from the Garden of Eden, and Cherubim's flaming sword flashing back and forth in Oromia to prevent them re-entry 'til Kingdom come. 8)

Can you also tell us what could happen to your own Eritrea in case of the said "Original Sin", had Ethiopia's fate has to end that way?

Postby DefendTheTruth » 01 Jan 2018, 10:23

It seems now the confession phase has already started, it remains only to bring those responsible to account for their deeds, it is human lives that is lost. It is not what we can simply forget before those responsible are held accountable.

Thank you ATV for bringing this burning issue into the public domain, hope the others will also persue the suite in this regard.

phpBB [video]

I found the following quote in the internet:

"Truth may be stretched, but cannot be broken, and always gets above falsehood, as does oil above water".

So, a single individual can put to its true size in about 10 mins what the so called EC of the EPRDF was labouring itself to give birth to for about 18 or so days.

Innocent people's blood was shed and there will not be a way out until they bring those responsible to accounte for their crime.

phpBB [video]

Previous Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion