Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

This Week’s Recap of Corporate Media Bullcrap

Post by teodroseIII » 29 Dec 2017, 14:48

XXX

I once thought Joe Scarborough was a voice of courage. Alas, that was during a phase of my life where I was a political parrot. My view of the world was distilled through the prism of partisan fidelity; I was a “proud Democrat” and a hater of all things Republican. So when Scarborough rebelled against George Bush and the neocons who were using “freedom and Democracy” to bleed Iraq and countless countries globally, I quickly accepted Joe as a truth teller and an honorable journalist. Now, after shedding partisanship and political tribalism, I see that Scarborough is just another vacuous pundit and a shill of corporatism.

I write this article in light of Scarborough piously lecturing us about the dangers of Donald Trump. In his new Op/Ed titled “A Gathering Storm”—which is a take on Winston Churchill’s book about the two World Wars—Scarborough warns about the ominous path that Trump is leading America and the world on. Scarborough has perfected the art of pretentiousness as he artfully he presents himself as a post-partisan Southern sage. In reality, he is part and parcel of the chattering political crass who are paid handsomely to present injustices through political lenses.

Scarborough notes in his write up that Donald Trump is a reckless president who is tearing apart institutions and norms which threatens to throw the world into chaos. Joe goes on to detail in his article the excesses of the man who resides in the White House:

It is difficult to pinpoint the nadir for a man who has savaged Mexicans, Muslims and Gold Star mothers while fat-shaming beauty queens and face-shaming female news hosts (disclosure: in the latter example, my own fiancee ). But the low moment in this presidency may have occurred four months ago, when Trump claimed a moral equivalency between neo-Nazis and those standing against them. Or perhaps it was three weeks ago, when the president told Americans to vote for an accused child molester who had called our country the focus of evil in the modern world and once suggested opposition to the constitutional amendments that ended slavery and gave women the right to vote.

I don’t disagree with Scarborough’s indictment, there is something deeply disturbing about Donald Trump in ways that makes Kanye West look modest. Donny is Rasputin with less charm. Our president is an extreme narcissist who can’t go one day without stroking his ego and promoting his brand. He is willing to do anything in order to have people talk about him as he burns our collective psyche in order to stay on our lips—Trump is the herpes of America. Yet, Joe Scarborough should be the last person ranting about the virus that is Trump. After all, Joe is one of the principle pundits who...continued...

read full article at: https://ghionjournal.com/corporate-media-bullcrap-vii/