Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Jesus Heals a Demon-Possessed Man

Postby Awash » 25 Dec 2017, 12:38

Luke 8
Jesus Heals a Demon-Possessed Man

26 So they arrived in the region of the Gerasenes,c across the lake from Galilee. 27 As Jesus was climbing out of the boat, a man who was possessed by demons came out to meet him. For a long time he had been homeless and naked, living in a cemetery outside the town.
28 As soon as he saw Jesus, he shrieked and fell down in front of him. Then he screamed, “Why are you interfering with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Please, I beg you, don’t torture me!” 29 For Jesus had already commanded the evild spirit to come out of him. This spirit had often taken control of the man. Even when he was placed under guard and put in chains and shackles, he simply broke them and rushed out into the wilderness, completely under the demon’s power.

30 Jesus demanded, “What is your name?”

“Legion,” he replied, for he was filled with many demons.
31 The demons kept begging Jesus not to send them into the bottomless pit.e

32 There happened to be a large herd of pigs feeding on the hillside nearby, and the demons begged him to let them enter into the pigs.

So Jesus gave them permission. 33 Then the demons came out of the man and entered the pigs, and the entire herd plunged down the steep hillside into the lake and drowned.

34 When the herdsmen saw it, they fled to the nearby town and the surrounding countryside, spreading the news as they ran. 35 People rushed out to see what had happened. A crowd soon gathered around Jesus, and they saw the man who had been freed from the demons. He was sitting at Jesus’ feet, fully clothed and perfectly sane, and they were all afraid.
36 Then those who had seen what happened told the others how the demon-possessed man had been healed. 37 And all the people in the region of the Gerasenes begged Jesus to go away and leave them alone, for a great wave of fear swept over them.

So Jesus returned to the boat and left, crossing back to the other side of the lake. 38 The man who had been freed from the demons begged to go with him. But Jesus sent him home, saying, 39 “No, go back to your family, and tell them everything God has done for you.” So he went all through the town proclaiming the great things Jesus had done for him.

Re: Jesus Heals a Demon-Possessed Man

Postby Fed_Up » 25 Dec 2017, 13:17

^^^
It’s a blasphemy to use Jesus name and quote bible for political purposes. How low one can go? Shame!!

Postby Awash » 25 Dec 2017, 14:07

John 8:32-36 King James Version (KJV)
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

ሉቃስ 8

32 በዚያም በተራራው የብዙ እሪያ መንጋ ይሰማሩ ነበር፤ ወደ እነርሱም ሊገቡ እንዲፈቅድላቸው ለመኑት፤ ፈቀደላቸውም።
33 አጋንንትም ከሰውዬው ወጥተው ወደ እሪያዎች ገቡ፥ መንጋውም ከአፋፉ ወደ ባሕር ተጣደፉና ሰጠሙ።
34 እረኞችም የሆነውን ባዩ ጊዜ ሸሽተው በከተማውና በአገሩ አወሩት።
35 የሆነውን ነገር ሊያዩ ወጥተውም ወደ ኢየሱስ መጡ፥ አጋንንትም የወጡለትን ሰው ለብሶ ልቡም ተመልሶ በኢየሱስ እግር አጠገብ ተቀምጦ አገኙትና ፈሩ።
36 ያዩትም ደግሞ አጋንንት ያደሩበት ሰው እንዴት እንደ ዳነ አወሩላቸው።
37 በዙሪያውም በጌርጌሴኖን አገር ያሉት ሕዝብ ሁሉ ታላቅ ፍርሃት ይዞአቸዋልና ከእነርሱ እንዲሄድ ለመኑት በታንኳም ገብቶ ተመለሰ።
38 አጋንንት የወጡለት ሰውም ከእርሱ ጋር ይኖር ዘንድ ለመነው፤
39 ነገር ግን። ወደ ቤትህ ተመለስ፥ እግዚአብሔር እንዴት ያለ ታላቅ ነገር እንዳደረግልህ ንገር ብሎ አሰናበተው። ኢየሱስም እንዴት ያለ ታላቅ ነገር እንዳደረገለት በከተማው ሁሉ እየሰበከ ሄደ።

Postby Awash » 25 Dec 2017, 15:17

Luke 4:17-19 King James Version (KJV)

17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord

Postby Awash » 25 Dec 2017, 16:41

ImageImageImageImage

Postby Awash » 26 Dec 2017, 00:09

Postby Awash » 26 Dec 2017, 03:45

phpBB [video]

Postby Awash » 26 Dec 2017, 13:54

John 10:10 - 11
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Last edited by Awash on 27 Dec 2017, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Gobana » 26 Dec 2017, 14:00

hay look! a white man beating a black man. typical Christianity ideology. according to Christians all the angels and God himself is a white man with blonde hair. that's why you will never win. you always be a white slave as long as you live.

Postby Awash » 26 Dec 2017, 14:54

You will always suffer from inferiority complex for as long as you see the world in Black & White. Every time darkness and light alternate, you will tell yourself 'I'm black and I'm not white'. I feel sorry for you.

Gobana wrote:

hay look! a white man beating a black man. typical Christianity ideology. according to Christians all the angels and God himself is a white man with blonde hair. that's why you will never win. you always be a white slave as long as you live.

Next Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion