Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Re: Viral Video: We are not black, We are Ethiopian

Postby Dawi » 23 Dec 2017, 18:33

Atse Lebna Dengel wrote:What Tewodros wrote to the Queen is exactly what I feel now and for the rest of my life. Our dedebe emperor Sesenyous simply allowed gallas to enter Ethiopian court because he had galla mentality. They then destroyed the country just like what Ahmed Gragn had done prior and prevented us from joining Europeans in early capitalism. Look what happens to Shewa, Arsi aka Fetegar, Wollo aka Bete Amhara and many others. I really wish I was born in Gelawdeos or Tewodros II reign, because I would have slaughtered many gallas.

Atse,

I know we digressed from what Teodros was addressing. I remember watching his video a while ago and was kind of overwhelmed by the provoking thought. I left it alone because it was huge.

He asked the question, what is the name of our flag in Amharic? Just the other day, to someone who didn’t even see the video before responding to the post. There was no answer.

His pointing out to us that our flag is called “Sendeq Alama” not “Banidira” itself was interesting; now, when I listen to Jacki’s song “Bandiraw! this Bandiraw! that”, which is a nice song btw, wonder if it was changed to Sendequ! this Sendequ! that, what it would sound like? Would it change its beauty? Probably not.

The “black” label is a huge deal and is going to make a lot of “Negros” angry. Teodros knew that but, has made an inroad fighting it in his video. His choice of calling ourselves Ethiopian shouldn’t have been that difficult particularly to us who came from that land called Ethiopia today but, as tribalists/secessionist we are, it bothers us a lot. It even bothers the secessionist advocates like the Abdisa’s the most.

From Negro to [deleted] to coloured to Afro …..African American and to black Why? Was the question.

From Ethiopia to Eritrea? Why? Because the fascist called you so?

We are all Ethiopians is a profound and is a provocative thought! It transcends our present conflict back home.

Lemma must have seen the video - "Ethiopiawinet" is addiction Lemma said! It made everyone rally around that! 8)

Again Atse,

What Teodros II wrote was cool; he was tying to consolidate his power & will say a lot of Sh***to do that; I don't understand why you don't like Susenyos; He was raised & grew up amongst the Oromo. If you look at the bright side, the positive side of Oromos is, they're inclusive; they don't care about your ethnicity; in fact they will try to make you part of them by hook or by crook. So you can say Susenyos is practically an Oromo. The recent HIM himself is part Oromo. Hell! Achamelehu Tamiru has said HIM government is practically an "Oromo" government not "Amara" and he will name you names of those that run that government. :P

Having said that, I thank you for just debunking secessionists/sociologist manipulation of our history that "gallas" and "Somalis" were not part of Ethiopian history.

So no one is fooled anymore; Ethiopia has the foot prints of Ahmed gragn, Susenyos, Teodros and Yohannes in just recent times alone.

With the above background, the next leaders of EPRDF, OPDO/Lemma should completely forget discussing their Oromia capital "Addis Ababa" interest but, they should focus and discuss on Ethiopia's access to the Sea with Shabia; TPLFites in EPRDF have too much baggage with EPLF to do that so let OPDO members negotiate on Ethiopia special interest in Eritrea; arrive to some agreement such as bringing back the old federation. I expect them to be received by the secessionist Shabia/Isaias with open arms. I can see, Abdisa having a heart attack when he sees that happen because his wish of wiping out Woyane shall fail for sure and the opposite takes place.

Peace!
Last edited by Dawi on 23 Dec 2017, 19:57, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Atse Lebna Dengel » 23 Dec 2017, 19:11

Dawi,

If galla don't care about other ppl identity, then why is it that the identities of the conquered ppl cleansed? You seems to not care if galla destroyed the country. Amhara and Shewa were heavens before Ahmed Gragn and galla destroyed them.

Look for the future is the most important thing now and you are right in this, but if Ethiopia wants get out of this 500 years dark age, we must annihilate the galla identity in Ethiopia via assimilation, deporting and slaughtering.

Postby Dawi » 23 Dec 2017, 20:24

Atse Lebna Dengel wrote:Dawi,

If galla don't care about other ppl identity, then why is it that the identities of the conquered ppl cleansed? You seems to not care if galla destroyed the country. Amhara and Shewa were heavens before Ahmed Gragn and galla destroyed them.

Look for the future is the most important thing now and you are right in this, but if Ethiopia wants get out of this 500 years dark age, we must annihilate the galla identity in Ethiopia via assimilation, deporting and slaughtering.

Atse,

That is a good question. My take is what OPDO/Lemma are advocating today is equivalent to the size of Oromos as an ethnic group. They have more or less abandoned "minority" demands that dogged the Oromo and Ethiopian struggle all along. They won't be targeted and shall win as a majority they are. Just like white people in America but, other groups still need continuous legal protection.

So this is going to make them like the "Amara" so to speak; what they called the "Amara government" of HIM of the past which btw, was untrue in most things of that government except the national "language"; because it accommodated other groups relative "freedom". The reason we have 80 plus languages and diverse cultures today is, they were left more or less alone by past government to be themselves.

We can imagine a present majority government can do better than the past.

Previous Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion