Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

Re: የትግራይ የበለይነት የለም አይደል እነ ታጋይ ሀጎስ?? No kidding! .. Have a look at this list & wonder how the rest of Ethiopians let this happen. Or weep.

Postby Sadacha Macca » 21 Dec 2017, 22:17

Lilay,

REGARDLESS of how you put it; there's NO WAY ON EARTH THAT IT'S FAIR OR LEGIT for tigrayans, who make up less than 10 percent of ethiopia's population, to dominate every sector in ethiopia.
It's not just.
When the shewan amaras/oromos, did that to you and others in the country;
your people revolted and fought back---and rightfully so.
no ethnic group has a right to monopolize any part of the economy, army, finance sectors, etc.
ideally, yes, it should be merit based, but there's no lack of educated oromo, amara, gurage, agew, etc, so to imply that it's an issue of having qualified people for the job(s)?
That's a lie!!

I am not talking about the EPRDF's army in 1991 after it marched into addis ababa.

we're talking about the 20+ YEARS AFTER 1991... IT REMAINED THE SAME AT THE TOP, TPLF GENERALS STILL MAKE UP THE MOST OF THE TOP GENERALS, EVEN 20 PLUS YEARS LATER, WHEN THERE COULD'VE BEEN MANY, MANY, COMPETENT OROMO/AMARA/GURAGE/AFAR/SIDAMA/SOMALI/ETC TO TAKE UP SOME OF THOSE SPOTS/SLOTS...

Sure tigray should be rehabilitated, but at the expense of others? no!
Sure tigray deserves to be built up, and developed, but at the expense of others? NO!

Your ethnic nationalism and loyalty to TPLF/TIGRAY will never ever...ever! allow you to be impartial and non-biased, in other words, TPLF is a criminal group of rapists, looters and killers, to the entire world; except for tigrayans... because tplf is their cousins/uncles/dads/etc... so the ethnic loyalty blinds YOU ALL to the truth....
TO tigrayans, tplf is a group of heroes and saviors, and are perfect, with no sins..
to oromos, amaras, gurages, sidama, konso, afar, and others: they are rapists, killers, looters who deliberately made them impoverished....

if you were not tigrayan, you'd be on the side of the oppressed and see what everyone else is seeing and has saw...

and by the way-tplf died for tigray, not for ethiopia, just look at the name TPLF not EPLF as in Ethiopia...AND its original plan was to detach itself from ethiopia and be Independent...
there was no mention of ethiopia in the tplf's original manifesto, in fact, they hate ethiopia, from meles to samora to others...
who else, with no shame, could loot billions from ethiopia's poor, and send it offshore accounts?
is that how you show your love to ethiopia? loot it and make it poorer?? then turn around and beg for aid?

oromos and tigrayans have never been allies...we do not even border each other or interact with each other...look at how your people killed innocent oromo and amara students who are there to learn, not political stuff..

.... we want you OUT OF OUR LAND...and we will never go to your land... NO FUTURE RELATIONS FOR US, NO TRADE, NO NOTHING, LET US STICK TO OUR PEOPLE AND ALLIES, BECAUSE TIGRAYANS HAVE SHOWN THEIR SAVAGENESS WHEN THEY ENTERED OROMIA IN 1991, RAPED WOMEN, BURNT VILLAGES, AND WORSE...

YOU CLAIM TO BE BETTER THAN DERG? BUT TO US, THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE, BOTH WANT TO, AND HAVE, KILLED OROMOS AND DENIED THEM THEIR BASIC RIGHTS...

Re: የትግራይ የበለይነት የለም አይደል እነ ታጋይ ሀጎስ?? No kidding! .. Have a look at this list & wonder how the rest of Ethiopians let this happen. Or weep.

Postby Dawi » 22 Dec 2017, 02:27

Masud wrote:Don't worry Oromo cavalries are rehearsing. The dominance of Tigres is temporary. Everyone will get the place he/she deserves.

Hold your horses Masud! የ Alemitu ኮሪቻ ላይ መውጣት ብቻ ለኛ በቂ ነው ።
If you didn't know Afan-Oromo watching Alemitu shall make you fluent in it! Guaranteed! :P

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Postby Ethoash » 22 Dec 2017, 08:15

to my beloved ebloa. sodash and the rest of Galla

i ask that buda Amhara when the AGE77 DR.BIRR GOING TO removed TPLF he was honest even 40 years might not do it...so he had no answer for me it sad..

now i ask u Galla if buda Amhara cant remove TPLF for next 40 years what do u think donkey Galla will take them 100 years

next years may 26, 2018 will come back to check on your progress

here is the reason why i said 100 years

1. OLF AND AGE77 only have 59 army togther

yes the galla and the buds think the protest is their making wrong it is TPLF making all the protest happening is because TPLF making .. Tplf fail to create job ... tplf shooting their own foot by delcaring master plan etc and imposing tax what the Fk is that..

so if TPLF CORRECT their way galla and buda revoultion done just like Addis Ababa hoolgian who got a job and forget about uprising

have a nice day and have a happy new years under TPLF

Postby Dawi » 22 Dec 2017, 15:58

yaballo wrote:time to hide or run to your godfathers in Eritrea..

yaballo,

Never been there but, that is where I prefer to retire! By the Red Sea...... 8) if I can. If only secessionists of all hues stop ruining it for me!

And convince Alemitu to go with me; I got it made!

OROMARA? Cool abbreviation! If it goes beyond that to include others? I don't see why we need much fighting & armaments with such majority.

Cheers!

phpBB [video]

Postby DefendTheTruth » 22 Dec 2017, 18:34

Lilay wrote:Sadacha Macca
"If I were a bird, I would ------. Stop being biased. Military science is a profession like other professions, say engineering, finance, medicine etc and it is expected to be field by professionals based on merit not on quotas as you seem to suggest.
You can't bring a farmer from Arusi to Addis and then ask him to perform a surgery on your patients.
Tigrays by virtue of the 17 years they spent fighting against the previous regime have a wealthy of experience in the battle field - that is simple and plain. 40'000 of our soldiers were sacked and demobilised with out any penny, pensions and retirement arrangements, just for the sake of quotas or what you call it representation of other nations and nationalities. Tigray was devastated due to the air and ground bombardments of the DERG regime during the 17 years fighting but no one gave her a helping hand when peace prevails like the Marshall Plan that America extended to help Europe after WWII.
Cowardice and greedy individuals could not and will not take the position of military generals. The brave and selfless generals fought hard and smart for their people and country while you greedy and cowardice were pursing your education to further your personal achievements, to have a comfortable future. Now, when the dust settles down, thanks to the brave generals and military personnel, you got all the opportunities to educate yourselves in the very universities that came to exist due to the generals sacrifice BUT then, for you the ungrateful cowardice, you got nothing but insult and abuse for the very people who helped you achieve what you have.
You cowardice are treated as human being these days, thanks to the brave generals
I don't need to remind you all the derogatory proverbs that were widely associated with you and your ethnic group just yesteryears.
Every individual looked you down to the point that you cursed and buried your true name, culture, religion and ethnic group. You give yourselves a foreign name to simply distance yourself from your own-self.
Thanks to the brave generals that brought down your oppressors, you are treated equally in todays Ethiopia -- but as the saying goes, leopard cannot change its spots - You are just longing your oppressors, you are fighting against your benefits to just bring back your oppressors back to the stage.
Good luck mate , I know they (your oppressors) know how to mount and ride the horse - the horse being you and your tribe men.

As of for us, Tigrays - now more than any time are well armed and ready to protect ourselves and the oppressed ones like us, our allies.

I grew up in your midst and I know how un-trust worthy you guys are. No one is going to trust you that you would be an ally to anyone anymore. Your oppressors just encouraged you to speak evil about us, they just helped and encouraged you to do us harm, to stone us to death, yeah? Well, you proved who you are. For us, it is good you have become to the open and become a real enemy now than to be a fake friend.
The thing is we, Tigrays know how to deal with our real enemies and the chance of your success is nil.

"]It's very sad indeed. A big shame on us. The heroes of the past wouldn't have stood for it.
But, God willing, the oromara unity becomes stronger and eventually sends tplf to where it belongs, prison.
Then they can send peaceful tigrayans to replace them and have the 6 to 8 percent share of Power it deserves.
[/quote]

Lilay,

I opened this thread at the beginning and saw a very long list of names and thought about its content/message, didn’t make much sense to me and jumped it, because, in my view, people who have been calling to sharpen their machete should have done better than recycling just a list of names in the internet, if they mean business in earnest.

But indeed this people are gelabas (chaff) devoid of a part to bear grain, which is sad.

Today I opened it again and found your long message, in which you also found us "untrust-worthy", after being raised amongest us, according to your own claim. This is what you know as gratefulness, I hope.

But still there is a question that I would like to ask you because you rushed forward defending the indefensible, at least in my view and you can't retreat now, hopefully. The question is the following:

- You said in your message the “ungrateful”, in reference to the great Oromo People, and I have been reading some pro-government internet sites like Tigray-online and Aigaforum recently and they were littered with a saying which goes like “we gave them Oromia, which didn’t exist as such on a silver plate” for which, they claimed further, “the people of Tigray paid heavily in sacrifice to get that Oromia” that they would going to give others on a “silver plate”. The question that came to my mind is the following. You (the TPLF) didn’t give something “on silver plate” without having something else in return? Hope you wouldn’t deny this fact, yeah? You entered into the deal by offering something and hoping to get something back for your offer, else it doesn’t simply make sense.

It seems now the deal went terribly wrong somewhere down the road and your camp suddenly started to tell us about just one side of the equation, which is according to their own claims “giving the prior non-existent Oromia on a silver plate” to their deal partners but now found themselves facing the “ungrateful” deal-partner. Could you please enlighten us about the thing TPLF was supposed to get in return for their offer?

Please don’t tell me that it was just kind of a philanthropy on the side of the TPLF!

Postby Dawi » 22 Dec 2017, 21:31

Defend,

You heat a nerve brother Defend; It was painful for me reading Lilay as well; not just for the reasons you provided.

It has been proven that the majority land owners in Ethiopia were Oromos not Amaras; Ras Mesfin being an Oromo that is,during HIM time. when Derg nationalized land and the farmer was empowered, peasant landlord relationship was over. What is left to give to Oromos then?

What is given if any, is IMO, the mother of all problems of today which is the ethnically divided states brought by OLF/TPLF. That is what is creating the conflict Lilay talked about; it is sad some horrific isolated incidents have taken place including in the Universities not to mention the one between Ethiopian Somali and Oromia.

We may have to re-visit state formation; to transform it to ethnic neutral if possible to solve such problems from ever happenning.

I consider OPDO/Lemma's view of today as a positive for EPRDF, as a transformation so to speak; I even expect them to be a catalyst for EPRDF becoming a single party instead of a coalition as it is now. The old guards don't seem to be capable of doing what Meles envisioned; one or two parties as in Japan.

It seems to me OPDO has the most educated of the new generation of EPRDF leaders to do the job. The old guards should stay in the sideline and let the young generation do the job if they can.

Cheers!

DefendTheTruth wrote:
Lilay wrote:Sadacha Macca
"If I were a bird, I would ------. Stop being biased. Military science is a profession like other professions, say engineering, finance, medicine etc and it is expected to be field by professionals based on merit not on quotas as you seem to suggest.
You can't bring a farmer from Arusi to Addis and then ask him to perform a surgery on your patients.
Tigrays by virtue of the 17 years they spent fighting against the previous regime have a wealthy of experience in the battle field - that is simple and plain. 40'000 of our soldiers were sacked and demobilised with out any penny, pensions and retirement arrangements, just for the sake of quotas or what you call it representation of other nations and nationalities. Tigray was devastated due to the air and ground bombardments of the DERG regime during the 17 years fighting but no one gave her a helping hand when peace prevails like the Marshall Plan that America extended to help Europe after WWII.
Cowardice and greedy individuals could not and will not take the position of military generals. The brave and selfless generals fought hard and smart for their people and country while you greedy and cowardice were pursing your education to further your personal achievements, to have a comfortable future. Now, when the dust settles down, thanks to the brave generals and military personnel, you got all the opportunities to educate yourselves in the very universities that came to exist due to the generals sacrifice BUT then, for you the ungrateful cowardice, you got nothing but insult and abuse for the very people who helped you achieve what you have.
You cowardice are treated as human being these days, thanks to the brave generals
I don't need to remind you all the derogatory proverbs that were widely associated with you and your ethnic group just yesteryears.
Every individual looked you down to the point that you cursed and buried your true name, culture, religion and ethnic group. You give yourselves a foreign name to simply distance yourself from your own-self.
Thanks to the brave generals that brought down your oppressors, you are treated equally in todays Ethiopia -- but as the saying goes, leopard cannot change its spots - You are just longing your oppressors, you are fighting against your benefits to just bring back your oppressors back to the stage.
Good luck mate , I know they (your oppressors) know how to mount and ride the horse - the horse being you and your tribe men.

As of for us, Tigrays - now more than any time are well armed and ready to protect ourselves and the oppressed ones like us, our allies.

I grew up in your midst and I know how un-trust worthy you guys are. No one is going to trust you that you would be an ally to anyone anymore. Your oppressors just encouraged you to speak evil about us, they just helped and encouraged you to do us harm, to stone us to death, yeah? Well, you proved who you are. For us, it is good you have become to the open and become a real enemy now than to be a fake friend.
The thing is we, Tigrays know how to deal with our real enemies and the chance of your success is nil.

"]It's very sad indeed. A big shame on us. The heroes of the past wouldn't have stood for it.
But, God willing, the oromara unity becomes stronger and eventually sends tplf to where it belongs, prison.
Then they can send peaceful tigrayans to replace them and have the 6 to 8 percent share of Power it deserves.

Lilay,

I opened this thread at the beginning and saw a very long list of names and thought about its content/message, didn’t make much sense to me and jumped it, because, in my view, people who have been calling to sharpen their machete should have done better than recycling just a list of names in the internet, if they mean business in earnest.

But indeed this people are gelabas (chaff) devoid of a part to bear grain, which is sad.

Today I opened it again and found your long message, in which you also found us "untrust-worthy", after being raised amongest us, according to your own claim. This is what you know as gratefulness, I hope.

But still there is a question that I would like to ask you because you rushed forward defending the indefensible, at least in my view and you can't retreat now, hopefully. The question is the following:

- You said in your message the “ungrateful”, in reference to the great Oromo People, and I have been reading some pro-government internet sites like Tigray-online and Aigaforum recently and they were littered with a saying which goes like “we gave them Oromia, which didn’t exist as such on a silver plate” for which, they claimed further, “the people of Tigray paid heavily in sacrifice to get that Oromia” that they would going to give others on a “silver plate”. The question that came to my mind is the following. You (the TPLF) didn’t give something “on silver plate” without having something else in return? Hope you wouldn’t deny this fact, yeah? You entered into the deal by offering something and hoping to get something back for your offer, else it doesn’t simply make sense.

It seems now the deal went terribly wrong somewhere down the road and your camp suddenly started to tell us about just one side of the equation, which is according to their own claims “giving the prior non-existent Oromia on a silver plate” to their deal partners but now found themselves facing the “ungrateful” deal-partner. Could you please enlighten us about the thing TPLF was supposed to get in return for their offer?

Please don’t tell me that it was just kind of a philanthropy on the side of the TPLF![/quote]

Postby DefendTheTruth » 23 Dec 2017, 07:44

Dawi wrote:Defend,

You heat a nerve brother Defend; It was painful for me reading Lilay as well; not just for the reasons you provided.

It has been proven that the majority land owners in Ethiopia were Oromos not Amaras; Ras Mesfin being an Oromo that is,during HIM time. when Derg nationalized land and the farmer was empowered, peasant landlord relationship was over. What is left to give to Oromos then?

What is given if any, is IMO, the mother of all problems of today which is the ethnically divided states brought by OLF/TPLF. That is what is creating the conflict Lilay talked about; it is sad some horrific isolated incidents have taken place including in the Universities not to mention the one between Ethiopian Somali and Oromia.

We may have to re-visit state formation; to transform it to ethnic neutral if possible to solve such problems from ever happenning.

I consider OPDO/Lemma's view of today as a positive for EPRDF, as a transformation so to speak; I even expect them to be a catalyst for EPRDF becoming a single party instead of a coalition as it is now. The old guards don't seem to be capable of doing what Meles envisioned; one or two parties as in Japan.

It seems to me OPDO has the most educated of the new generation of EPRDF leaders to do the job. The old guards should stay in the sideline and let the young generation do the job if they can.

Cheers!

Dawi,

I think TPLF has found itself standing in the sinking ship for a while and they seem to have been caught in a big surprise at what is unraveling itself infront of their own eyes. That is perhaps the reason for the random tantrum.

Even OLF (and ONLF) that was/were supposed to find themselves on the same page with regard to the grand ploy of defragmenting the Ethiopian State, came out and told the TPLF, there is no execuse to destroy the age long fraternal relationship between the two communities, which they said would undoubtedly lead to a "horrific civil war" in the country, if left unattended to.

It seems now only the TPLF is interested in the said "horrific civil war" for whatever reason.

We have been saying the bond between the different Ethiopian Communities of all hues and tones is much stronger than what TPLF or any other organisation could destroy single-handedily and at one's own will. This fact must have been clearer to many lately.

I will wait and see what the expectation of TPLF was as a return to what they have offered to their deal-partners on a "silver plate".

Postby Ethoash » 23 Dec 2017, 09:49

DDT,

Federalism seems dividing people put as u try to testified here by saying the bond between the different Ethiopian Communities of all hues and tones is much stronger than

let me give u example

when u mix water, milk, tea, .. it seems u r destroying individual property of tea, milk and tea but u r creating new property now how small the amount u going to put sugar make ur tea test wonderful ... now u can take water buda milk galla and Ogden as tea and sugar as Golden kids

now next example u can mix cement, water. sand and aggregate stone u will get concrete
now the same way u mix oromo, Amhara, ogden and other ethnic groups u will get Ethiopia

as the u mix cement, water, sand, and aggregate stone u will not get concrete with in second ... u have to work the mix u have to mix all ingredients with their own proportion according to formula... any wrong move u will have week concrete and the concrete will fail

the same way when u give Federalism u will not get united Ethiopia next second u have to mix it u have to do a lot of work and use the recipe formula with own proportion ... formula here represent using constitution

this example can apply in all your life ... for example when u got married u went out on honeymoon ... but life is not always honeymoon ... with in few month reality heat u .. and that will be the test of the marriage to know it will last or not ...

u cant judge the marriage how big the wedding is or how much they spend on honeymoon ... u judge it how they mange it after the honeymoon

the same way when u give for primitive people Federalism the first thing they do is tell other ethnic get the hell out of my Oromia this is my oromoia, oromia is for oromia Ethiopian out of oromia ... if u think this is bad and stop Federalism then u will fail but if u considered this is honeymoon time or learning curve then u will get powerful united Ethiopia as out put this is what is happening the oromo and the Amhara start understanding unity is strong ... the only thing remain is for oromo and Amhara they need the golden race ... just like sugar to make tea a tea like metal to make concrete super strong even so u those item very small in amount but the result is very strong...

have a nice day

to Dwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwi

regarding the video u post
phpBB [video]

do u know the root history for ethnic music

in olden Amhara rule here is how they produce ethnic music for TV..

Hager Fikir have say 44 Amhara artist among them u might have few singer ... so what they do is they study oromo song and sing it without understanding (like lip sync )the language

now the dancer would be the same Amhara who work in Hager Fikir study the oromo dance and the Afar dance this way no ethnic took part in produce their own music

later in Derg time and at the end of Ato haile time what they will start to do was they brining only the top singer from the ethnic group and the dancer will be all Amhara Hager Fikir dancer after studying their dance ... if u watch old music the dancer do halfAss job then then when the music end the real owner of the ethnic dance the singer will come out dance and show how is done.. this is how we used to do music

this is just like white people paint their face and try to act like black people

today thanks for the golden kids the oromo r making their own music ... look the above video 100% all dancer r oromo people .... today full cd oromo music sold and make money not in Amhara ruled Ethiopia the great Ethiopian singer only sing one oromo or one ethnic song out of ten music 9 of them they sing Amhara music .. as if they r Gondar they sing about Gondar the beat is gonder everything is Gondar then we have one undisputed oromo harari singer called ali birra who produce all in Afan oromia before Afan oromia become fashionable

Ali birra paid for this when Derg goes to Sudan he doesnt take Ali Birra even so Ali Birra sing Arabic and speak Arabic Derg take those Amhara and they sing Amhric can imagine the impact was had Derg took Ali birra and Ali birra sing in Arabic and if the Sudnese know Ethiopia see the Muslim as our equal by now Eritrea would not have been a nation because if not for Sudan where they would have wage their war .. the Sudan and Arab country thought of us as Muslim oppressing nation and they fought us back and they win ...

have marry xmass!

Previous Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion