Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Abdisa

E✘POSED! Italian Newspaper: Over 40% of Total African Refugees in Italy are from Tigray Region Who Falsely Claim to be "Eritreans" ዋይ ዋይ - የአድዋው አዋሽ ራሱን ሊያጠፋ ነው ツ

Post by Abdisa » 20 Dec 2017, 00:05

XXX

DIETRO L'EMERGENZA RIFUGIATI

l'IMBROGLIO DEI FINTI PROFUGHI

Oltre 100 mila migranti sbarcati in Italia negli ultimi quattro anni hanno dichiarato di essere cittadini della repubblica di Asmara. Peccato che molti non lo siano: si sospetta che il 40 per cento sia di nazionalità etiope. Un trucco architettato per ottenere l'asilo politico.

Nei centri di accoglienza che ho girato nell'ultimo anno almeno un terzo degli eritrei sono finti. In gran par- « Nte si tratta di etiopi del Tigrai, che parlano la stessa lingua e hanno tratti somatici simili ai nostri». A denunciare lo sconcertante imbroglio è un richiedente asilo che viene da Asmara. I; aspirante rifugiato prosegue: «In Africa, grazie alla corruzione, rubano e vendono le nostre identità perchè abbiamo diritto alla protezione internazionale, ma ci meravigliamo che questo venga tollerato in Italia»

http://cartadiroma.waypress.eu/Rassegna ... 4&numPag=3&

Rough translation:
  • At the refugee reception center I visited in Italy late last year, I was shocked to learn that, out the 109,266 total refugees from different nationalities in Africa, over 40% (43,000) of them are Ethiopians from the Tigray region, who falsely claimed to be "Eritreans" to obtain political asylum due to speaking the same language, as well as having similar Semitic facial features as their Eritrean neighbors.

It's shocking that the refugee centers in Italy are turning a blind eye to an on-going fraud of such magnitude that is being committed with total impunity. In reality, there are fewer than 2,651 genuine Eritreans in Italy awaiting political asylum, whose migration has shown a significant decrease since 2013.

In northern Europe, especially in countries like Switzerland and Germany, where most of the refugees head to after landing in Italy, asylum in those countries is only granted to political refugees who have the right to international protection, but since the Ethiopian refugees from Tigray don't qualify for political asylum due to being economic migrants, they claim to be "Eritreans" and provide fake personal identification documents in order to defraud the system.
Last edited by Abdisa on 21 Dec 2017, 02:44, edited 1 time in total.

Abdisa

Re: E✘POSED! Italian Newspaper: Over 40% of Total African Refugees in Italy are from Tigray Region Who Falsely Claim to be "Eritreans" ዋይ ዋይ - የአድዋው አዋሽ ራሱን ሊያጠፋ ነው ツ

Post by Abdisa » 20 Dec 2017, 00:27

Its worth noting that, when a few years ago Saudi Arabia deported 149,768 migrants to Ethiopia, according to the UNHCR office in Addis Ababa almost HALF of the migrants were from Tigray. (See Below) But the Adwa clown who calls himself "Awash" (በውሸቱ ተራሮችን ያንቀጠቀጠ) told us that they were all "Eritreans."
:lol:

Abdisa

Re: E✘POSED! Italian Newspaper: Over 40% of Total African Refugees in Italy are from Tigray Region Who Falsely Claim to be "Eritreans" ዋይ ዋይ - የአድዋው አዋሽ ራሱን ሊያጠፋ ነው ツ

Post by Abdisa » 20 Dec 2017, 01:41

A True Story With A Sad Ending

• Back in 2011, Egypt announced its decision to deport a group of 714 migrants to Eritrea. But there was a problem-- A BIG PROBLEM!

A TPLF formed so-called "Eritrean Human Rights Organization" based in the UK sent several letters to the Egyptian President begging him to deport the migrants to Ethiopia instead. The reason the organization gave for such move was "to give the migrants an opportunity to resettle in refugee-friendly countries like the US, Canada and countries in Northern Europe."

But the Egyptian president, leery of anything weyane, decided to go ahead with his plans and sent the migrants aboard an Egyptian ship to Eritrea.

As soon as the 714 migrants landed at the Massawa Port, it was discovered that 422 of the deportees were actually from Tigray who registered themselves as "Eritrean migrants" when they arrived in Egypt. BIG PROBLEM - and this is the problem Meles Zenawi was trying to avoid.

Then the Eritrean government through the International Red Cross attempted to facilitate the return of the Tigray migrants to Tigray, but the very embarrassed Meles refused to accept his own migrants, and his refusal forced the Red Cross with no other options but to dump the Tigrayan migrants at the border areas and watched them make the long trek home, on foot. <--- I warned you that the story has a sad ending. :evil:

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 20 Dec 2017, 06:06

Abdisa,

Why aren't Ethiopians surprised? Why didn't Eritrea openly talked about it in the past?

Under normal circumstances tens of thousands folks from Tigrai would have migrated North in Eritrea to find jobs. Ideally tens of thousands of jobs would have been created there but, is not happening today; so folks move on elsewhere.

E/TPLF have to take the responsibilty.

While the liberal "democratic" nature of secession sounded great when Meles & Isaias signed the documents and made fancy speeches to the captured audiences with all kind of celebrations & hoopla, what Eritrea's secession brought us is the worst contribution towards peace and stability in Ethiopia and the region in general. It lead to violent conflict, mass expulsions of individuals and communities from both sides of the border.

We are finding now a "secession" clause is a useless instrument to create peace in our context. And further dividing the country as "ethnic" regions, which are coming at each other like a "250 miles an hour train to crush towards one another "using Dr. Bir's phrase) is looking a bit scary. EPRDF can change course before it is too late.

Again as predicted in the past the bigger "ethnic" units are getting more powerful and are becoming conflict driven and flexing muscles. Yes, we talk about "Knowledge" not "size" what counts, but, the stage of development in our country is so low Oromia/Amara ethnic states today have more people with the "knowledge" and the "size". So, the "size" has to be looked at and not only that, we should move away from "ethnic" regions if we can to a more efficient "administrative zones" for the sake of peace.

The way I look at it, a majority group with the right idea is going to have the most influence in a nation anyway so, Oromo/Amara, shouldn't be bothered by mixing themselves, dividing the country in efficient "administration zones" rather than "ethnic regions". How about doing that now by going passed the "fluffy" stuff of dancing in the streets with hands holding together? :P Don't take me wrong, I loved & enjoyed that; was very touched and even teary-eyed. Can Lemma/Gedu handle sharing administration zones as in the past is what I am asking? Or Is it too early for that?

Believe me, the same deal is going to take place in Eritrea sooner or later; now it is suppressed by authority and the smaller groups are silenced and their land and resources grabbed/leased without being consulted. Look what the Kurds did in Iraq? They voted out of the union but, Iraq won't sign it. The Afar, Kunama and others may want to do same? :idea:

Abdisa wrote:
A True Story With A Sad Ending

• Back in 2011, Egypt announced its decision to deport a group of 714 migrants to Eritrea. But there was a problem-- A BIG PROBLEM!

A TPLF formed so-called "Eritrean Human Rights Organization" based in the UK sent several letters to the Egyptian President begging him to deport the migrants to Ethiopia instead. The reason the organization gave for such move was "to give the migrants an opportunity to resettle in refugee-friendly countries like the US, Canada and countries in Northern Europe."

But the Egyptian president, leery of anything weyane, decided to go ahead with his plans and sent the migrants aboard an Egyptian ship to Eritrea.

As soon as the 714 migrants landed at the Massawa Port, it was discovered that 422 of the deportees were actually from Tigray who registered themselves as "Eritrean migrants" when they arrived in Egypt. BIG PROBLEM - and this is the problem Meles Zenawi was trying to avoid.

Then the Eritrean government through the International Red Cross attempted to facilitate the return of the Tigray migrants to Tigray, but the very embarrassed Meles refused to accept his own migrants, and his refusal forced the Red Cross with no other options but to dump the Tigrayan migrants at the border areas and watched them make the long trek home, on foot. <--- I warned you that the story has a sad ending. :evil:

Ethoash

Post by Ethoash » 21 Dec 2017, 02:32

Dawi wrote:Abdisa,

Why aren't Ethiopians surprised? Why didn't Eritrea openly talked about it in the past?

]
Dawwwwi, let me run this by u. because those idiot r not even worth to talk to

let say i have a wedding and i ask u to lend me ur house for the wedding ... u r nice to me and u allowed me your house for my wedding but i did not even invite u to my wedding even so u lent me ur house ... does that fly by u...

look Ethiopia is supposed to be enemy of Eritrea ... but we received 100,ooo refugees and we feed them for next five years out of 100.000, 60,000 left for Western countries and TPLF use 40,000 spot to send their own ... this is the deal now according to those toxic Eritrea TPLF SEND 40% Tigray pretending to be Eritrea with fake Eritrean ID this is the accusation

now u r Eritrean father with ten daughter u want to send them to Western country ...

if u send them to Libya or any Arab country ur daughter will be rapped and even their body part will be taken out and even die ...

the second choice is sending to Ethiopia out of ur ten daughter 6 of them will go but 4 of them stay and wait for their chance because 4 Tigray pretending to be them and left to Western country ...

now if u r a father which choice would u choice

now if u r Zmeles and AddisAss u want Tigray people to feed u for free and send u to USA and then open up ER and insult the golden race how dirty and pooooor they r ...now tell me would u think Tigray provided free service for Eritrean and send them all if the Tigray people doesnt benefited from this lottery why would they bother hosing the refugee ..

mind u the Eritrean took half billion to park the Arab ship but those the same Eritrean want to park million refugee in Ethiopia for what ... if u go to Western or not that is not our problem ... can u imagine this wicked they want to use transit the golden region but they dont want the golden race to get the same benefit ...they want the Tigray to remain poor and come back and insult them why they r poor... once they reach USA... TO ME if someone help me when i down i should be grateful and try to pay back the favor but look what this idiot doing here ... try to shame the Golden race...okay if Tigray are using the Eritrean id to come to West then let us shut it down no body should go to Western country thru Ethiopia .... go to Libya and Yemen where u r most welcome why would u come to Ethiopia who u claim r ur enemy...
Last edited by Ethoash on 21 Dec 2017, 02:58, edited 1 time in total.

Abdisa

Post by Abdisa » 21 Dec 2017, 02:38

Dawi wrote:
Abdisa,

My guess is that Eritreans have a soft spot for the hundreds of thousands of refugees from Tigray whom they see as victims of the "No-war, No-Peace" western policy imposed on people of the Horn of Africa region, including Tigray.
Dawi wrote: Under normal circumstances tens of thousands folks from Tigrai would have migrated North in Eritrea to find jobs. Ideally tens of thousands of jobs would have been created there but, is not happening today; so folks move on elsewhere.

E/TPLF have to take the responsibilty.

When in 1998 the TPLF expelled over 100,000 Ethiopians of Eritrean origin and confiscated their homes, businesses and bank accounts, the promise made to the Tigray people was to make them new owners of the stolen properties to end their dependence on Eritrea for employment. But what happened was, fewer than 50,000 individuals from Adwa were made prime beneficiaries of the looted properties, excluding Tigrayans from other parts of Tigray, leaving them to fend for themselves.

According to a former TPLF information minister who has defected from the regime and is spilling the beans from the Diaspora, world powers eager to see the depletion of Eritrean youth defending their country from TPLF invasions, were not satisfied with the number of Eritrean youth leaving their home country, so they funneled millions of dollars into Meles Zenawi's coffers to help accelerate anti Eritrea propaganda hoping to yield better results. But when Meles was unable to produce the results his masters had expected, out of desperation he revived his old and primitive method of human wave tactics by sending hundreds of thousands of Tigrayans to western countries and the Middle East in order to ask political asylum by falsely claiming to be "Eritreans," thus creating the illusion of more Eritrean migrants than meets the eye. Nowhere in history has a seating head of state ever coerced his own people to put their lives at greater risk for the sole purpose of smearing the image of another country. According to the TPLF, the thousands of Tigrayans who lost their lives while attempting to cross the Mediterranean and the Red Sea are to be considered "martyrs" who died for a greater cause. SAD!

Dawi wrote: While the liberal "democratic" nature of secession sounded great when Meles & Isaias signed the documents and made fancy speeches to the captured audiences with all kind of celebrations & hoopla, what Eritrea's secession brought us is the worst contribution towards peace and stability in Ethiopia and the region in general. It lead to violent conflict, mass expulsions of individuals and communities from both sides of the border.

We are finding now a "secession" clause is a useless instrument to create peace in our context. And further dividing the country as "ethnic" regions, which are coming at each other like a "250 miles an hour train to crush towards one another "using Dr. Bir's phrase) is looking a bit scary. EPRDF can change course before it is too late.

You will never hear Americans say they "seceded" from Great Britain, but rather gained their hard-won independence on July 4th, 1776. By the same token, Eritreans never claim to have "seceded" from Ethiopia, for their 30-year armed struggle was waged to achieve their independence. Secession is when you leave a country that you were an integral part of, whereas independence is a result of human sacrifices made to correct historical wrongs and ending direct or indirect colonial injustices.
Dawi wrote: Again as predicted in the past the bigger "ethnic" units are getting more powerful and are becoming conflict driven and flexing muscles. Yes, we talk about "Knowledge" not "size" what counts, but, the stage of development in our country is so low Oromia/Amara ethnic states today have more people with the "knowledge" and the "size". So, the "size" has to be looked at and not only that, we should move away from "ethnic" regions if we can to a more efficient "administrative zones" for the sake of peace.

The way I look at it, a majority group with the right idea is going to have the most influence in a nation anyway so, Oromo/Amara, shouldn't be bothered by mixing themselves, dividing the country in efficient "administration zones" rather than "ethnic regions". How about doing that now by going passed the "fluffy" stuff of dancing in the streets with hands holding together? :P Don't take me wrong, I loved & enjoyed that; was very touched and even teary-eyed. Can Lemma/Gedu handle sharing administration zones as in the past is what I am asking? Or Is it too early for that?

Fake Ethnic Federalism is the root cause of all ethnic based conflicts and animosities in today's Ethiopia. A country with more than 80 different ethnic groups loosely stitched together by regime violence to maintain the illusion of a fake "union," its fate will be decided at the discretion of the ethnic majority. But for any given African country marked for exploitation, an ethnic majority rule, otherwise known as democracy, is tantamount to committing a cardinal sin punishable by UN sanctions, ICC indictments, mainstream western media smear campaign, avalanche of fake news, not to mention facing the wrath of the so-called African Union serving as an instrument of neo-colonial agenda in the continent, as well as fellow Aid-dependent African countries acting as Judas Iscariot to collect 30 coins of silver in exchange for your head.

If Ethiopia were to be ruled by an ethnic majority, there's great chance for the country to remain intact, at least geographically, but the initial struggles to attain pure independence and sovereignty would be very painful to bear, but not as grave as the current situation, where a minority rule has turned the neo-colony into the playground for colonialists, and its people plantation slaves in their own country. It's a classic case of "damned if you do, and damned if you don't." So in a long run, a majority rule is the preferred form of government to assert independence from foreign aid, food-aid and modern-day exploitation. Breaking the cycle of foreign aid dependency is the only way forward to restore human dignity, which is the cornerstone for equal rights, coexistence and tolerance-- the main ingredients for a nation building.

Dawi wrote:Believe me, the same deal is going to take place in Eritrea sooner or later; now it is suppressed by authority and the smaller groups are silenced and their land and resources grabbed/leased without being consulted. Look what the Kurds did in Iraq? They voted out of the union but, Iraq won't sign it. The Afar, Kunama and others may want to do same? :idea:

Long before Eritreans liberated their country in 1991, they had to go through 30 years of horrendous trials and tribulations to gradually cleanse themselves of ethnic and religious polarization, and in the end they succeeded in cementing and sealing their national unity with the blood that was shed from each of the 9 different ethnic groups, united in common struggle, for a common cause. What makes the Eritrean experience unique is that they have buried the hatchet 30 feet deep long before they declared their independence, enabling them to foil every divisive plot hatched by global powers targeting their national unity today. For Africans, there's an important lesson to draw from this unique experience.

ፍትሒ

Post by ፍትሒ » 21 Dec 2017, 11:16

Dear Abdisa, the proud Oromo, and Eritrean forum participants,
Can we learn from brother Abdisa. He “Stings like a bee and flys like a bµtterfly” said the late Cassius Clay aka Mohamed Ali. And that is exactly what he has been doing. Let me explain. He responds in a measured and appropriate methodology BASED on FACTS, nothing but FACTS! Moreover he responds ONLY to people who blubber the usual old and tired blubbers but with a twist that some gullible Ethiopians may tend to believe them while it is still hogwash. If we take the Ugum “Eritrean pretender” Tigrawai Awash, for example, his articles are simply - cut and paste type from known anti Eritrea circles. It is thus no brainer not to bother to read what he (and his likes) post let alone wasting one’s time to respond to his evil filled and baseless articles.

Now, if one takes a look at the closet Tigrawai, Dawi’s articles, while full of the usual lies and innuendos and convenient hearsay, nonetheless, he places a quick witted effort that could mislead some Ethiopians. And there is where Abdisa shines to elucidate his fellow Ethiopians that ‘hallucinating and daydreaming’ about Eritrea’s assets may not be good for their mental heath and the ONLY thing they need to do is ACCEPT the reality that Eritrea is a good, friendly and very reliable neighbor, which will never compromise with its hard fought and hard won political independence, national sovereignty and territorial integrity. Believe it. So, you see my fellow Eritreans, that is why he responds in an eloquent well-articulated FACTS to Dawi – the ድዉይ - while COMPLETELY ignores The Adwa ውሻ!

So, my honest message is, and I admit I am guilty of that, let us not waste our time to respond to the likes of Adwusha when we can use our time more professionally and on contribution worthy of our precious time. Of course, the fact that this Forum has become a worthless Weyane sympathizer playing field does not help for a platform of exchange of ideas instead of insults. But, that is what it is, as long as the owner sees it to his advantage of how many ‘PC clicks’ it generates for his pocket.

That said, I want to wish all Eritrean and many Ethiopian participants all the best, and wishing you all “Merry Christmas and a Happy 2018”, this is my last post and bidding you farewell ሰናይ ቅነ! asta la vista, au revoir arrivederci-Asmara dolci!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fed_Up

Post by Fed_Up » 21 Dec 2017, 11:41

ወዲ ሀውቦይ
መትከልካ ረጊፅካ ነዞም ቶኾሉ ከ ቀደምካ ሀመድ ድበ አስህኖም እምበር .... ራህሪህካዬም እዝር በቃ?? I fully understand the waste of time with IQ63 folks but it would be or was always fun to spank ugumistan especially nowadays while they are down. Come when you have time but don’t make it necessary.
Abdisa is well aware and smart Ethiopian.

ፍትሒ wrote:Dear Abdisa, the proud Oromo, and Eritrean forum participants,
Can we learn from brother Abdisa. He “Stings like a bee and flys like a bµtterfly” said the late Cassius Clay aka Mohamed Ali. And that is exactly what he has been doing. Let me explain. He responds in a measured and appropriate methodology BASED on FACTS, nothing but FACTS! Moreover he responds ONLY to people who blubber the usual old and tired blubbers but with a twist that some gullible Ethiopians may tend to believe them while it is still hogwash. If we take the Ugum “Eritrean pretender” Tigrawai Awash, for example, his articles are simply - cut and paste type from known anti Eritrea circles. It is thus no brainer not to bother to read what he (and his likes) post let alone wasting one’s time to respond to his evil filled and baseless articles.

Now, if one takes a look at the closet Tigrawai, Dawi’s articles, while full of the usual lies and innuendos and convenient hearsay, nonetheless, he places a quick witted effort that could mislead some Ethiopians. And there is where Abdisa shines to elucidate his fellow Ethiopians that ‘hallucinating and daydreaming’ about Eritrea’s assets may not be good for their mental heath and the ONLY thing they need to do is ACCEPT the reality that Eritrea is a good, friendly and very reliable neighbor, which will never compromise with its hard fought and hard won political independence, national sovereignty and territorial integrity. Believe it. So, you see my fellow Eritreans, that is why he responds in an eloquent well-articulated FACTS to Dawi – the ድዉይ - while COMPLETELY ignores The Adwa ውሻ!

So, my honest message is, and I admit I am guilty of that, let us not waste our time to respond to the likes of Adwusha when we can use our time more professionally and on contribution worthy of our precious time. Of course, the fact that this Forum has become a worthless Weyane sympathizer playing field does not help for a platform of exchange of ideas instead of insults. But, that is what it is, as long as the owner sees it to his advantage of how many ‘PC clicks’ it generates for his pocket.

That said, I want to wish all Eritrean and many Ethiopian participants all the best, and wishing you all “Merry Christmas and a Happy 2018”, this is my last post and bidding you farewell ሰናይ ቅነ! asta la vista, au revoir arrivederci-Asmara dolci!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 21 Dec 2017, 22:56

Ethoash wrote:mind u the Eritrean took half billion to park the Arab ship but those the same Eritrean want to park million refugee in Ethiopia for what ... if u go to Western or not that is not our problem ... can u imagine this wicked they want to use transit the golden region but they dont want the golden race to get the same benefit ...they want the Tigray to remain poor and come back and insult them why they r poor... once they reach USA... TO ME if someone help me when i down i should be grateful and try to pay back the favor but look what this idiot doing here ...
Ethoash ,

I don't know how you come up with these "out of the box" views. I love it! 60/40 % Yeah! Yeah! Just like AA housing! That is generous of Woyane for real! Now I see why Shabia was tight lipped about that deal all along! :P The twins, E/TPLF are amazing!

We will miss ፍትሒ! I wish him the best! I agree with most of his assessment about Abdisa; off course Abdisa pulls numbers out of thin air sometimes; the 50,000 Adwans taking over Eritrean properties was one. Imagine them marching to Addis to take over "free" assets? :P
Abdisa wrote:Long before Eritreans liberated their country in 1991, they had to go through 30 years of horrendous trials and tribulations to gradually cleanse themselves of ethnic and religious polarization, and in the end they succeeded in cementing and sealing their national unity with the blood that was shed from each of the 9 different ethnic groups, united in common struggle, for a common cause. What makes the Eritrean experience unique is that they have buried the hatchet 30 feet deep long before they declared their independence, enabling them to foil every divisive plot hatched by global powers targeting their national unity today. For Africans, there's an important lesson to draw from this unique experience.
I wish you were correct but, what about your cousins Woyane blood? That should make you closer to Tigrai not just the "9 ethnic groups"? Didn't they spill it all over Eritrea? That should have made the rest of us closer to you, through them not to mention our joint blood spilled defending that land over centuries against foreign enemies.

As I have said before, no matter what we say about you, you will be cool with us, having your doors open for disgruntled Ethiopians is touching and what Endargachew Tsege and Dr. Berhanu say about you matters to us as well until EPRDF gives them some space in their own home towns. In the meantime let us hope bridges continue to be built between us.

It will be great if you have "buried the hatchet" 30 feet; wishing we all do the same!

Cheers!