Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

What do you think of Oromos?

Postby Yakume » 17 Dec 2017, 17:09

After killing of hundreds of innocent people including children, women and elderly people from other ethnics from Somali, Amhara, Tigray and Sidama and others by Oromo forces in Oromia region and looting their business and properties many people including Ethiopians and international community started asking who are Oromo people and their culture in terms of having good relationship with other ethnic communities of the country and also other communities in the Horn of Africa region.

It's too easy to mock us: unorganized, rebel - revelation, oromized others (streets’ children with not fathers), protest and remonstration, khat, officials who were former Derg soldiers and TPLF prisoners, massacring and slaughtering neighbors (from other ethnics), unending cycle of political violence, need I say more? Is that all you think of too? Let me know, what do you think of Oromo people?

Remember there are good and bad people everywhere - of every society, religion, of every gender, of every nationality, of every political party. So don’t count the Oromized OPDO officials the former Derg just soldiers and TPLF prisoners to the good people of Oromo. Never trust Tigray politicians who kiss children and women, whose eyebrows meet in the middle.

Re: What do you think of Oromos?

Postby Sadacha Macca » 17 Dec 2017, 17:19

how do you feel about Tigrayans who have killed 1000s if not a million humans, since 1991, in Ethiopia??
how do you feel about the liyyu forces who have raped and killed countless of their own somali kin in the ogaden??
i bet you anything you won't answer that, you will change the subject, as usual.

Postby Yakume » 17 Dec 2017, 17:36

Sadacha Macca wrote:how do you feel about Tigrayans who have killed 1000s if not a million humans, since 1991, in Ethiopia??
how do you feel about the liyyu forces who have raped and killed countless of their own somali kin in the ogaden??
i bet you anything you won't answer that, you will change the subject, as usual.

I am sure people like you are either sick Oromo or Oromized OPDO. In both cases you cannot discuss important issues like culture of people, culture and tolerance and cultural aspects in peace and integration of nations and nationalities. Massacring and slaughtering neighbors (from other ethnics), unending cycle of political violence, killing of hundreds of innocent people including children, women and elderly people are not Oromo culture but something from newcomers like you Lemma Megersa, Abadula, Negeri Lencho who are not Oromo. For example 80% of Oromo people are Muslim but OPDO officials the current warlords, criminals are not from majority of the good people of Oromo there is only one Oromo Muslim we know the facts which you cannot hide you can cry if you want to you can leave your OPDO friends behind

Postby Khysion » 17 Dec 2017, 17:37

Sadacha Macca: You don't get me or Mred do you? :lol:

Liyuu police are Ogaden who use to kill none-Ogaden Somali's in the Somali region until they switched to Eastern Oromia and Southern Oromia civilians and Abdi Illey is Ogaden along with his Liyuu relative thugs who are currently in beds with the TPLF.

Yakume: There has never been any tribe in East Africa that is more brutal and ruthless than the Oromo's who were once known as barbaric pagan Gallas back in the 16th century. :lol:

This is the medieval stereotype of the 3 largest tribes in the Horn of Africa. :lol:

Somali's were known as noble, brave and wealthy merchants/traders.

Abbysinians were known as Noble, Imperialistic and religious.

Oromo's were known as savage, ruthless, barbaric bloodthirsty expansionist.

Postby Sadacha Macca » 17 Dec 2017, 17:47

Yakume,

Thanks for proving me right dude! As usual, when the far more crimes of your agame kin are mentioned, you deflect and change the subject. the percentage of muslims or christian oromo is none of your business as a non oromo. our opdo and government does not and should not concern you agame boy. it's none of your business straight up!
when the opdo was more of a subservient errand boy of tplf, you were quiet, and never mentioned them in a negative manner.
when the opdo decides to try to be assertive in regards to demanding oromos and oromia its basic rights as humans, now, you spread propaganda. people are not as dumb as you wish they were. they can read between the lines. they can see what you are saying, indirectly, whether you know this or not.

Postby Yakume » 17 Dec 2017, 18:18

Khysion wrote:Sadacha Macca: You don't get me or Mred do you? :lol:

Liyuu police are Ogaden who use to kill none-Ogaden Somali's in the Somali region until they switched to Eastern Oromia and Southern Oromia civilians and Abdi Illey is Ogaden along with his Liyuu relative thugs who are currently in beds with the TPLF.

Yakume: There has never been any tribe in East Africa that is more brutal and ruthless than the Oromo's who were once known as barbaric pagan Gallas back in the 16th century. :lol:

This is the medieval stereotype of the 3 largest tribes in the Horn of Africa. :lol:

Somali's were known as noble, brave and wealthy merchants/traders.

Abbysinians were known as Noble, Imperialistic and religious.

Oromo's were known as savage, ruthless, barbaric bloodthirsty expansionist.

Somalilander I know you have many names but I agree and disagree with you on these issues. Liyu Police Liyu Hail are government forces established, funded and promoted by the federal government so it’s not right to say Somali or Oromo people are responsible for crimes and human rights abuses by these forces. Liyu Police is not Ogaden but gangs from all Somali community and the original idea of having Somali militia Liyu Police is from Somaliland man

There is no bad or good ethnic but there are bad and good people in every society or community. The Oromo people are not bad I know many Oromos who are friends of Somali Amhara Tigray or people from other ethnics but what the Oromized OPDO is doing is not an Oromo act.

The aim of this discussion is not to blame one ethnic or circulate fake news and propaganda about ethnic groups but to promote good culture and cultural aspects for ethnic and communities tolerance and peace building in the country.

Postby Yakume » 17 Dec 2017, 18:35

Sadacha Macca you are wrong and not willing to accept the facts. You belief Oromo culture have been hijacked by some people from north (Habesha or Tigray and Amhara) and Oromo people have been marginalized by Habeshas and the current massacres and ongoing ethnic cleansing by Oromo extremist is to get your rights but what you are addressing the crimes with more crimes which is wrong.

If 80% of Oromos are Muslims they should be allowed to participate in Oromo issues and organizations and get their right position not forcing them to be marginalized by Oromized OPDO who are not Oromo this is the problem and you have to find solution through Oromo culture of power and resources sharing among Oromos and with other ethnic groups of the country

Postby Khysion » 17 Dec 2017, 18:37

MRed: Listen once you beat Ogaden and prove them wrong. The Ogaden will leave you alone in peace. That's why I don't understand Oromo's. How can you let Liyuu police come into your lands and kill your people like that and even patrol in your lands?

Why do you think Liyuu police don't set foot in Hawd, Dir lands like Issa or Gadabursi or even Liben Zone which is settled by western Hawiye and Garre? Because Ogaden will get slaughtered, that's why!

Also, Liyuu police never disturb Puntland due to Darood kinship. However, you're right about Liyuu police once invading a market town called Wajaale which is located between the borders of Somaliland and Ethiopia and connects major capital cities like Hargeisa and Jigjig and even connect the railway between Addis Ababa and Berbera. When Liyuu police stepped in, they got captured and were jailed in Gabiley, but most of them were in body bags sent back to Jigjiga. :lol:

Yakume: I ain't from Somaliland but from Dire Dawa dumbass! Are you telling me a Somalilander who is isaaq slaughtered his own people in the Somali region back in 2014? Yeah, you make sense don't you? :lol: Isaaq people living in Somaliland and the Somali region are divided further into different branches meaning they do not belong to each other lands. So a Somalilander can't randomly be elected in the Somali region. :lol:

Liyuu police only consist of Ogadens and they use to slaughter none-Ogaden tribes residing within the Somali region until they switched towards the eastern Oromia and Southern Oromia civilians. Abdi Illey is Ogaden and the commander of Liyuu police is Ogaden. The whole TPLF allies with Somali's are only Ogaden!

You ain't Somali who don't understand their clan or politics, so don't bother talking about it with me you f*cking ignorant piece of sh*t!

Postby Yakume » 17 Dec 2017, 18:50

there is no Isaaq SNM in Somali region but Mengistu Haile mariam established refugee camps for them in the region and they have gone after 1992. Oromo and Somali people are not foolish like you please stop your rubbish and discuss the issue of cultural aspects as well as Oromo good culture and what you know about them

Postby Sadacha Macca » 17 Dec 2017, 19:10

Yakume wrote: Sadacha Macca you are wrong and not willing to accept the facts. You belief Oromo culture have been hijacked by some people from north (Habesha or Tigray and Amhara) and Oromo people have been marginalized by Habeshas and the current massacres and ongoing ethnic cleansing by Oromo extremist is to get your rights but what you are addressing the crimes with more crimes which is wrong.

If 80% of Oromos are Muslims they should be allowed to participate in Oromo issues and organizations and get their right position not forcing them to be marginalized by Oromized OPDO who are not Oromo this is the problem and you have to find solution through Oromo culture of power and resources sharing among Oromos and with other ethnic groups of the country

What facts? The fact is simple: you want to focus only on some crimes some oromos committed, to portray all 40 million oromos as savages, to further your agenda of making oromos look bad/undermining opdo/and oromia!
Otherwise, you would be fair and just, and condemn the oromo criminals, the somali criminals, and the biggest ones of all: tigrayan criminals.
I am fair enough to say I am against all killings of innocent people, regardless of the ethnicity of who done it and also am fair enough to say: TPLF has killed the most innocents by far, with no comparisons.
Can you say that? NO. Because ''ati tigiree dha!''

2. I am an Oromo Muslim, I know my people well, and we are not 80 percent Muslim. even if we were, that doesn't concern you. the oromo are united more than ever. religion is not an issue for us.

Next Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion