Ethiopian News and Opinion Forum

Shall we forget the rapist, murderer, betrayer Rasai Alula?

Postby siren66 » 29 Jul 2009, 08:29

Look at this savage below, calling himself Rasi Alula. As a true aigame hero, he was involved in looting, raping, murdering innocent Eritreans. Though most have forgotten the savagery of this ignorant backward warlord no one, no true Eritrean forgets the manner in which he betrayed Rassai WeldeMichael, perhaps the greatest Eritrean hero in history.

From Eritrawi's historical note:

After [Gura and Gundet wars] Atze Yohannes expected Eritreans to submit to Atze Yohannes' rule, they refused. Then Atze Yohannes sent Ras Alula on a peace mission and asked Ras (Raisi in Tigrigna) Woldemichael to go see Atze Yohannes to talk peace, once he trusted them and went they put him in jail, his troops without their leader disbanded and then Alula embarked on a looting and killing spree of Eritreans, in many Eritrean towns and villages his troops were either appeased by taking property of the villages or some them got so tired of him that they fought his troops and in a few cases defeated them, in the town of Segeneiti Alula's troops were roundly defeated by Degiat Bahta Hagos.

Re: Shall we forget the rapist, murderer, betrayer Rasai Alula?

Postby Massawa » 29 Jul 2009, 17:05

1) Mareb Mellash = Land Beyond the Mareb River

2) Bahar Negash = Sea King

Number 1 was a Tigrayan term for the country past the Mareb River; I.e. Medri-Bahri

Number 2 was the Amharic term for the King of Medri-Bahri; I.e. Bahri-Negassi

Proper labels and terms for both of them:

1) Medri-Bahri

2) Bahri-Negassi

I don't know where you got that picture but here's the real picture of Ras Wolde Michael Solomon

Postby siren66 » 29 Jul 2009, 17:46

Massawa wrote:I don't know where you got that picture but here's the real picture of Ras Wolde Michael Solomon

If you look closely at your picture, you can see the picture I posted is the face of rasai w/michael solomon. google it if you will..

Here is another picture of Rasai Alula Negadras:-

Last edited by siren66 on 30 Jul 2009, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Massawa » 29 Jul 2009, 18:27

siren66 wrote:
Massawa wrote:I don't know where you got that picture but here's the real picture of Ras Wolde Michael Solomon

If you look closely at your picture, you can see the picture I posted is the face of rasai w/michael solomon. google it if you will..

I assure you, there are a few wrong pictures of Ras W/Michael Solomon online. The Italians were the only ones to take a photo of him when he was much older to which I posted above. The Egyptians drew a sketch of him when he was younger too but that sketch leaves a lot to the imagination.

Postby siren66 » 29 Jul 2009, 18:27

hmantes wrote:Those two pics look nothing alike.

Look closely, the only difference is that in the picture Massawa posted, the Rasi has grown beard and is an older gentleman. In the picture I posted, he is younger and has less beard. The eyes, the nose and the mouth are the same. In any case you can read more about the Rasi here in this German website (the picture is from there as well...)
http://www.digob.com/Tigrinja-eritrea-e ... hiopia.php

By the way, if you are saying the picture of the Monkey and Alula look nothing alike, I am disappointed in you :mrgreen:

Postby Massawa » 29 Jul 2009, 18:32

Ras Michael was never a Bahri Negassi (Sea King), he was a chief who rose to power with his bravery. After defeating Yohannes' close general, his fame grew bigger and became the de-facto leader of Medri-Bahri's war with Yohannes' Abyssinian/British invasion.

Postby siren66 » 29 Jul 2009, 18:35

Massawa wrote:
siren66 wrote:

I assure you, there are a few wrong pictures of Ras W/Michael Solomon online. The Italians were the only ones to take a photo of him when he was much older to which I posted above. The Egyptians drew a sketch of him when he was younger too but that sketch leaves a lot to the imagination.

I agree and recognize your picture because my uncle used to have a copy of it as well and he would show us kids back in the days. The picture I posted was from a google search, which was not able to yield the familiar picture. Though the google picture is not very flattering, I still can recognise a kind, thoughful gentleman in the face depcited (which I can not say the same for the savage).

Next Page

Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion