Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum


Re: ◤ Ilmaan Oromoo ◥ Have you seen the triad color Oromos flying? Soaring like an Eagle!

Postby Sadacha Macca » 11 Oct 2017, 00:44


Tplf had no choice but to keep Ethiopia together because how else can they build up tigray to prepare for a future independent tigray?
The Somali political elites aren't defending the federation but they're defending tigrayan elitist hegemony. No-one is threatening Ethiopia except those who have been mismanaging it for over two decades.
Plus letting the derg regroup In addis wouldn't be wise if one is trying to destroy the derg.
Atrocities were committed by all sides. All sides conquered land for different reasons.
It's known that the Amara and tigrayans descend from southern Arabian tribes who invaded Africa in the before Christ era. While the oromo are from within Africa and are considered to be an ancient African race that other ethnic groups potentially descend from.
As far as territorial conquest goes, everyone did it....
Albeit for different reasons...
The mostly amhara shawan elites sought to build an empire to get resources Europe wanted that northern Ethiopia didn't have, in exchange for guns.
The oromo warriors needed land for their growing number of people and cattle.
If you point out the oromo sins while neglecting to mention the many many massacres, enslavement and suffering that Menelik's army inflicted, it's obvious you're very much biased against the oromo.

I very much doubt that the oromo want to become another dictatorship like tplf. If the oromo stay with Ethiopia, the oromo will need their own army, to ensure no armed men can rape kill or displace our people ever again. I do know that the oromo want, and will eventually get, the right to determine their future with Ethiopia. That's as inevitable as death itself. Yes a few oromo were apart of Menelik's establishment but the majority in the south lost their lands and Became serfs. And the tribute imposed on those oromo regions who submitted peacefully was beyond burdensome. Our resources were what Menelik used to get guns to conquer many oromo and others and deprive them of land ownership, basically dooming them and their descendants to eternal serfdom, unless and until they too get firearms and free themselves.



Re: ◤ Ilmaan Oromoo ◥ Have you seen the triad color Oromos flying? Soaring like an Eagle!

Postby Dawi » 11 Oct 2017, 10:17


Sadacha Macca wrote:Tplf had no choice but to keep Ethiopia together because how else can they build up tigray to prepare for a future independent tigray?
The Somali political elites aren't defending the federation but they're defending tigrayan elitist hegemony. No-one is threatening Ethiopia except those who have been mismanaging it for over two decades.
Plus letting the derg regroup In addis wouldn't be wise if one is trying to destroy the derg.
Atrocities were committed by all sides. All sides conquered land for different reasons.
.


Sadacha,

There maybe some who aspire "independent Tigray" but, one don't see such thought being prevalent among most Tigrayans and their organizations. Maybe after "convincing" Eritreans to join them with their "new policy"? And you guys push them out of "Oromia"? Even that is not feasible with the present organizational stands & historical animosity of groups in that region.

As Aba Dula said, "TPLF is closer to Oromos than OLF"; he is not kidding! At least in the policy of keeping the Ethiopian State intact. I am talking about of those who re-built the present Ethiopia.

We can be sure that OLF is closer to EPLF than TPLF. Can't we? :)

Ermias in that ESAT discussion mocked Aba Dula for that thought but, the fact is, Aba Dula claims the rest of Ethiopia as his own unlike OLF, knowing full well that Oromo re-built Ethiopia; he has said it live on TV before to a newspaper guy who asked him about "Oromo secession?" He responded, "What makes you think I would walk away from the country I built?" Let me tell you something; there are millions of Oromos who share his views. That is your dilemma my brother, what are you going to do with them?

[[..It's known that the Amara and tigrayans descend from southern Arabian tribes who invaded Africa in the before Christ era. While the oromo are from within Africa and are considered to be an ancient African race that other ethnic groups potentially descend from...]]

That is very funny! After the Oromo amalgamated the nation such kind of dividing Ethiopians is only good for entertainment purposes.

We can all sit around and laugh trying to figure out who looks more like an "Arab"??

Image

OR

Image



Re: ◤ Ilmaan Oromoo ◥ Have you seen the triad color Oromos flying? Soaring like an Eagle!

Postby ጅሉ Hagos » 11 Oct 2017, 20:04


|

ጅሉ Dawi,

I don't think you understood the Oromos at all. Oromo never touched anyone except the barbarians who came to take their land and resources. They fought back and did what they had to do.

Read, refer how many times Habeshas attempted to conquer the Oromos.

ጅሉ Dawi,

Oromos were everywhere. After we lost our political center some of us were killed, converted, expelled by barbarians.

ጅሉ...

Oromo never considered other tribes as enemy. Are you asking me to teach you what enemy is? Someone who came to them to take their land resources.

While you barbarians used to burn children, women, crops, barns, kill, displace society for your own benefit, the Oromos tried to protect their life and yet they spared the enemies children, gave protection to the enemies women.

Do you see the difference between the Oromo society and yours?

ጅሉ,

We don't touch anyone. But if they come and force us, we will protect ourselves. See us, the civilized society, and learn from us.

Gadaa system lives on.

[[...You keep scaring the rest of Ethiopians today with similar tactics to come to power, your fate will end up like the Palestinians. No Ethiopian is going to take a risk in joining you, no matter what!

Go ahead raise that flag as much as you want!...]]


Why scared? We don't scare people. They can fly their flag too. If they are scared of us because we fly our flag, that is something else. It means they are not interested in living with us. So be it! We believe in mutual benefit.

ጅሉ,

Did you say Palestinians? :lol: But who is going to do that anyway?

The flag will soar like an eagle. Long live the Oromo flag!

|

Nuti Ilmaan Oromooti





Dawi wrote:
ጅሉ Hagos wrote: |

It is our land. We have the right to fly our flag wherever we want.



|

Nuti Ilmaan Oromooti


ጅሉ - You invaded the land using your superiority of "Gada" organizational system and by committing Genocides against the Amharic speaking & other people in 1540; killed their fathers and mothers while keeping their kids as "gudifecha"; you continued changing the tactics of the invasion all the way to present day Eritrea . That was brutal, never seen in that part of the world before. What is close to that is probably the US genocidal wars against the Native Americans where the whites ended up being the majority today, just like the Oromos ended up being the majority in Ethiopia.

You keep scaring the rest of Ethiopians today with similar tactics to come to power, your fate will end up like the Palestinians. No Ethiopian is going to take a risk in joining you, no matter what!

Go ahead raise that flag as much as you want!



Re: ◤ Ilmaan Oromoo ◥ Have you seen the triad color Oromos flying? Soaring like an Eagle!

Postby Sadacha Macca » 12 Oct 2017, 00:30


The sources u cite are very much biased against the oromo. Portraying the oromos as savage hordes going around killing while ignoring the many crimes committed by Abyssinian forces everywhere they went, shows how biased and anti oromo you truly are.
Quoting people who were essentially competing with oromos for land is ironic and not fair honestly.
Try to cite impartial, neutral, and objective sources.
I also noticed how you ignored the massive Human Rights abuses carried out by meneliks army and the over burdensome tribute he imposed on those who submitted without a fight.
I'd advise you to pick up a book called the stolen desert by the Earl of lytton. It's a very interesting read and discusses how Abyssinian propaganda has always portrayed it's neighbors as savages while pretending as if they were the blameless Ethiopians of homer but In actuality they killed, torched, enslaved, mutilated and appropriated lands.
The fact is that everybody conquered land and migrated but did it for different reasons and at different levels of efficiency.
Also, In regards to the oromo seceding, let the masses decide via referendum.
If you're so confident that most oromo support United Ethiopia you have nothing to lose or fear.
I am but one opinion among millions. I'm just an advocate for the oromo masses, and the oromo masses only, deciding their fate within the Ethiopian empire. Threatening the oromo saying they'll be like Palestinians and blah blah will not deter the oromos in the slightest bit. The oromo are going to decide what's best for themselves and there's nothing you can do to stop them.



Re: ◤ Ilmaan Oromoo ◥ Have you seen the triad color Oromos flying? Soaring like an Eagle!

Postby Dawi » 12 Oct 2017, 00:46


ጅሉ Hagos wrote:Why scared? We don't scare people. They can fly their flag too. If they are scared of us because we fly our flag, that is something else. It means they are not interested in living with us. So be it! We believe in mutual benefit.


ጅሉ,

That begs the question, Horus asked in his thread!:

[[..Are Oromos doing an Ethiopian protest with and for all Ethiopians? Then why are they so alone and by themselves? //]]

In other words, why are they flying strange "Malagasy" flags :?: :)
What is wrong in flying green-yellow-red tricolour flag?

ጅሉ Hagos wrote:While you barbarians used to burn children, women, crops, barns, kill, displace society for your own benefit, the Oromos tried to protect their life and yet they spared the enemies children, gave protection to the enemies women.


You mean taking "gudifecha" to "spare the enemies children"? After massacring both parents of the Amharic speaking and other groups while taking their land, during the Oromo invasions?

Yeah! I used to think taking 'gudifecha" was just the humanitarianism side of the Oromo but, the fact is it had double sword!



Re: ◤ Ilmaan Oromoo ◥ Have you seen the triad color Oromos flying? Soaring like an Eagle!

Postby Dawi » 12 Oct 2017, 05:17


Dawi wrote:ጅሉ Hagos wrote:
While you barbarians used to burn children, women, crops, barns, kill, displace society for your own benefit, the Oromos tried to protect their life and yet they spared the enemies children, gave protection to the enemies women.


You mean taking "gudifecha" to "spare the enemies children"? After massacring both parents of the Amharic speaking and other groups while taking their land, during the Oromo invasions?

Yeah! I used to think taking 'gudifecha" was just the humanitarianism side of the Oromo but, the fact is it had double sword!


ጅሉ Hagos,

The majority Oromo turning Amharic speaking & others children "gudifecha" in Ethiopia, taking the land after killing their parents in 1540's had similarities to the white majority in the US who killed Native parents albeit, putting the Native American children in boarding schools and raising some of them in white families as well.

“Kill the Indian, Save the Man”

"..At this juncture, it was felt that reservation schools were not sufficiently removed from the influences of tribal life. In the eyes of assimilationists, off-reservation boarding schools would be the best hope of changing Indian children into members of the white society.."

"..Pratt’s motto was, “Kill the Indian, save the man.” Pratt believed that off-reservation schools established in white communities could accomplish this task. By immersing Indians into the mainstream of American life, the “outing” system created by Pratt had students living among white families during the summer. He hoped Indian youths would not return to the reservations but rather become part of the white community..."

Stage one: Oromo expansion

[[..The Oromo expansions were also similar to that of the Ottoman Empire expansion because they both did not always change the religion of their new subjects. With the only exception of the Yejju Oromo imposing Afan Oromo on Amharas in Gondar; the Oromos also never enforced their language on other people. Nonetheless; many Somali, Amharic and Sidama speaking peoples became “tax-paying serfs” for the new Oromo rulers. And having already been weakened by the Adal/Somali conquest of southern Abyssinia; the Amharic & Tigrayan speaking population of Abyssinia lost more lands to the Oromo; including the Shawa and Dawaro regions (Arsi area) that have been Abyssinian territories since the days of their ancient Aksum empire. Today; the descendants of these Oromo settlers makeup the dominant population in Shewa and Arsi. Not only the eastern and southern edges of the Abyssinian highlands but; gradually; even some northern pockets of Abyssinia got conquered by Oromo warlords: which explains why small Oromo communities can still be found as far north as Tigray even today. Thus; in the late 1500s; having lost substantial territories to the Oromo; the Solomonic Dynasty/Abyssinia declined in power for decades. But that century also started the transformation of Abyssinia into a more multi-ethnic entity: one that was forced to incorporate Oromo as one of its citizens...]]

Stage Two: Menelik/Shewan expansion

[[..Another significant event that greatly impacted the ethnic and political situation in Ethiopia and the region was the Shewan/Abyssinian expansion led by Emperor Menelik II during the late 1800s. Just like the Oromo expansion; the Abyssinian expansion was disorganized since many parts of Abyssinia were in conflict amongst each other. The Shewan part of Abyssinia have been in various small battles against Gondar and Gojjam parts. However; using relatively modern weapons purchased from European countries; the Shewan Abyssinians defeated other Abyssinian regions and then they continued on to re-conquer Oromo territories that were settled by the Oromos since the 1500s. Proportionally; about the same percentage of people might have perished during the Shewan expansion (stage 2) compared to the Oromo expansion (stage 1). However; seen in raw figures; many thousands more were killed during the bloody conquests by Menelik’s Shewan army. As the sign of the times, not many international laws of war exists to stop the atrocities during these wars, or for that matter during any wars around the globe. Yet one undeniable key fact of this war was that the Shewan army was ethnically diverse, even if Amharas were the militarily dominant group in it. Because Oromos settled in Shewa since their 1500s expansion; Shewa was already a melting pot of Amhara and Oromo by the late 1800s. Therefore; the multi-ethnic Shewan army of Emperor Menelik was able to easily defeat various Oromo and southern areas of present day Ethiopia...]]



Re: ◤ Ilmaan Oromoo ◥ Have you seen the triad color Oromos flying? Soaring like an Eagle!

Postby ጅሉ Hagos » 12 Oct 2017, 06:28


|

So what was your answer to his, Horus 'pretending as Gurage', question? You better listen to his answer because mine will burn you from inside out!

A Gurage dude in Merkato. What do you see on his hand?

Image


Who cares about your his-story anyway?
"Until the line learns how to write, every story will glorify the hunter." African Proverb



|

Nuti Ilmaan Oromooti



Re: ◤ Ilmaan Oromoo ◥ Have you seen the triad color Oromos flying? Soaring like an Eagle!

Postby ጅሉ Hagos » 12 Oct 2017, 06:49


|

OLF
#Seyoum_Teshome

#ኦነግ እና #የኦሮሞ ህዝብ ምንና ምን ናቸው?
===========================
አንዳንድ ወዳጆቼ ትላንት በቡራዩ የኢሬቻ በዓል አከባበር ላይ “የኦነግን ባንዲራ” እያውለበለቡ እና እጃቸውን አጣምረው ከክልሉ ልዩ ፖሊስ አባላት ጋር የተነሱትን ፎቶዎች በመለጠፌ የተሰማቸውን ቅሬታ በአስተያየት መልክ ገልፀውልኛል። በመጀመሪያ ደረጃ ቢንዲራውን የያዙትን ልጆች “#የኦነግ_ባንዲራ ነው?” ብላችሁ ብትጠይቋቸው መልሳቸው “አይ..ይሄ የነፃነት ባንዲራ (freedom flag) እንደሆነ ይነግሯችኋል።
ዛሬ ኦነግ በአሸባሪነት ተፈርጆ ስሙን መጥራት ልክ እንደ ሃጢያት መቆጠሩ ለእኔ ይገርመኛል። ኦነግ የኦሮሞን ሕዝብ የእኩልነትና ነፃነት ጥያቄ ያነሳ ድርጅት ነው። የኦሮሞ ሕዝብ ነፃነት፥ እኩልነትና ፍትሃዊ ተጠቃሚነት እስካልተረጋገጠ ድረስ የኦነግን ስምና አርማ ከኦሮሞ ሕዝብ ልብ ውስጥ ማውጣት አይቻልም።

ለዚህ ደግሞ ዩኒቨርሲቲዎቻችን ውስጥ ገብታችሁ ተመልከቱ። በመማሪያ ክፍሎች ግርግዳ፥ ጠረጴዛ፥ ወንበር፥ ደብተር፥ ሽንት ቤት፥ ቤት መፅሃፍት፥… ብቻ በእያንዳንዱ ነገር ላይ ¨ABO” የሚል ቃል ተፅፎ ታነባላችሁ። “ABO” ማለት “Adda Bilisummaa Oromoo”፣ “Oromo Liberation Front (OLF)” ወይም “የኦሮሞ ነፃ-አውጪ ግንባር” ማለት ነው።

ስለዚህ ለእኔ “ኦነግ”፣ “የኦነግ ባንዲራ”፣ “የኦነግ አርማ”፣…ወዘተ ሲባል የሚታየኝ ነገር የመገንጠል ጥያቄ ወይም “አሸባሪ” ድርጅት ሳይሆን የኦሮሞ ሕዝብ የመብትና ነፃነት ጥያቄ ነው። ምክንያቱም ኦነግ የተፈጠረው የኦሮሞ ሕዝብ የነፃነት፥ እኩልነትና ፍትሃዊ ተጠቃሚነት ጥያቄ ምላሽ ስላላገኘ ነው።
የሕዝቡ ጥያቄ ምላሽ እስካላገኘ ድረስ የኦነግን ስምና አርማ ከኦሮሞ ሕዝብ ልብ ውስጥ መፋቅ አይቻልም። ስለዚህ ለእኔ በኦነግ ባንዲራ ውስጥ የሚታየኝ የኦሮሞ ሕዝብ የመብትና ነፃነት ጥያቄ ነው። “የኦሮሞ ሕዝብን የመብትና ነፃነት ጥያቄ መደገፍ የለብህም!” የሚል ሰው ካለ እሱ ወደ አማኑኤል ሆስፒታል ሄዶ የስነ-አዕምሮ ሀኪም ማማከር አለበት።


ImageImage

|

Nuti Ilmaan Oromooti



Re: ◤ Ilmaan Oromoo ◥ Have you seen the triad color Oromos flying? Soaring like an Eagle!

Postby Dawi » 12 Oct 2017, 14:11


እንደዚያ ስንል ነው ኢፒልፍ የተጫወተብን አሁንም የኤርትራ ሕዝብን እያሰቃዬ ነው፤ ኦነግ ከኢፒልፍ የተሻለ አይደለም ፤ ገንጣይ አስገንጣይ ነው ፤ እውነቱ መነገር አለበት ፣ የማያውቁ ወጣቶች አስር ጊዜ "ABO" ቢለቀልቁ ኦነግ የሻቢያ ተላላኪ መሆኑን አይቀይረውም።

ጅሉ Hagos wrote: |

OLF
#Seyoum_Teshome

#ኦነግ እና #የኦሮሞ ህዝብ ምንና ምን ናቸው?
===========================
አንዳንድ ወዳጆቼ ትላንት በቡራዩ የኢሬቻ በዓል አከባበር ላይ “የኦነግን ባንዲራ” እያውለበለቡ እና እጃቸውን አጣምረው ከክልሉ ልዩ ፖሊስ አባላት ጋር የተነሱትን ፎቶዎች በመለጠፌ የተሰማቸውን ቅሬታ በአስተያየት መልክ ገልፀውልኛል። በመጀመሪያ ደረጃ ቢንዲራውን የያዙትን ልጆች “#የኦነግ_ባንዲራ ነው?” ብላችሁ ብትጠይቋቸው መልሳቸው “አይ..ይሄ የነፃነት ባንዲራ (freedom flag) እንደሆነ ይነግሯችኋል።
ዛሬ ኦነግ በአሸባሪነት ተፈርጆ ስሙን መጥራት ልክ እንደ ሃጢያት መቆጠሩ ለእኔ ይገርመኛል። ኦነግ የኦሮሞን ሕዝብ የእኩልነትና ነፃነት ጥያቄ ያነሳ ድርጅት ነው። የኦሮሞ ሕዝብ ነፃነት፥ እኩልነትና ፍትሃዊ ተጠቃሚነት እስካልተረጋገጠ ድረስ የኦነግን ስምና አርማ ከኦሮሞ ሕዝብ ልብ ውስጥ ማውጣት አይቻልም።

ለዚህ ደግሞ ዩኒቨርሲቲዎቻችን ውስጥ ገብታችሁ ተመልከቱ። በመማሪያ ክፍሎች ግርግዳ፥ ጠረጴዛ፥ ወንበር፥ ደብተር፥ ሽንት ቤት፥ ቤት መፅሃፍት፥… ብቻ በእያንዳንዱ ነገር ላይ ¨ABO” የሚል ቃል ተፅፎ ታነባላችሁ። “ABO” ማለት “Adda Bilisummaa Oromoo”፣ “Oromo Liberation Front (OLF)” ወይም “የኦሮሞ ነፃ-አውጪ ግንባር” ማለት ነው።

ስለዚህ ለእኔ “ኦነግ”፣ “የኦነግ ባንዲራ”፣ “የኦነግ አርማ”፣…ወዘተ ሲባል የሚታየኝ ነገር የመገንጠል ጥያቄ ወይም “አሸባሪ” ድርጅት ሳይሆን የኦሮሞ ሕዝብ የመብትና ነፃነት ጥያቄ ነው። ምክንያቱም ኦነግ የተፈጠረው የኦሮሞ ሕዝብ የነፃነት፥ እኩልነትና ፍትሃዊ ተጠቃሚነት ጥያቄ ምላሽ ስላላገኘ ነው።
የሕዝቡ ጥያቄ ምላሽ እስካላገኘ ድረስ የኦነግን ስምና አርማ ከኦሮሞ ሕዝብ ልብ ውስጥ መፋቅ አይቻልም። ስለዚህ ለእኔ በኦነግ ባንዲራ ውስጥ የሚታየኝ የኦሮሞ ሕዝብ የመብትና ነፃነት ጥያቄ ነው። “የኦሮሞ ሕዝብን የመብትና ነፃነት ጥያቄ መደገፍ የለብህም!” የሚል ሰው ካለ እሱ ወደ አማኑኤል ሆስፒታል ሄዶ የስነ-አዕምሮ ሀኪም ማማከር አለበት።


[Image: https://scontent.fhyd8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5A6E5347][Image: https://scontent.fhyd8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5A39FC93]

|

Nuti Ilmaan Oromooti



Re: ◤ Ilmaan Oromoo ◥ Have you seen the triad color Oromos flying? Soaring like an Eagle!

Postby Dawi » 12 Oct 2017, 23:26


[[..A Gurage dude in Merkato. What do you see on his hand? ...]] :)

Here is the picture when he was young and lean; something that changes but, still will remain the same! :lol:

"Ethiopia out of Oromia"!! OR Is it "Oromia out of Ethiopia!" Hmm...let me think...we are the majority.......so ..Am I Oromo First? or Ethiopian First?.... Wa Allah!......I am not sure but..let me say I am "Both"!! :lol: BTW, Do you have Oromo Phobia? :)

I am still not sure, call me after Khat, Bercha! OK?:)

Image

ጅሉ Hagos wrote: |

So what was your answer to his, Horus 'pretending as Gurage', question? You better listen to his answer because mine will burn you from inside out!

A Gurage dude in Merkato. What do you see on his hand?

[Image: https://scontent.fhyd8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5A76A08F]

Who cares about your his-story anyway?
"Until the line learns how to write, every story will glorify the hunter." African Proverb



|

Nuti Ilmaan Oromooti

Previous Page


Return to Ethiopian News & Opinion

Who is online

Registered users: Awash, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], minilikze3rd, Yahoo [Bot], ማርሲን